If the people working at BlackBerry were smart, they would have added the ability for developers to manage their own customers by being able to grant or revoke access of BBID's to their paid apps via the BlackBerry World vendor portal instead of simply shutting down the payment service and nothing else.

That way, developers could simply add a link to their own payment system in the description of their apps or even better yet, a link when the purchase button is pressed and would then be responsible for handling purchases and awarding access to customers once payment is received. As well, they would also be responsible in processing refunds and revoking access to their apps if required.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a matter of intelligence.

There is nothing in it for BlackBerry to do so. They are done, contracts are expiring, and they are getting out as quickly as they can.
    04-10-18 07:38 AM
    It's not a matter of intelligence.

There is nothing in it for BlackBerry to do so.
    Sure there is, BlackBerry brand loyalty and respect for their users along with all the hard work that app developers did over the years.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 07:46 AM
    Sure there is, BlackBerry brand loyalty and respect for their users along with all the hard work that app developers did over the years.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has nothing to sell you anymore. Its only customers in the consumer space are its 3 licencees.

Show me the numbers where:

Increase in device licencing fees > costs to make these changes in BlackBerry World.

I'm sure BlackBerry has done the math.
    04-10-18 07:48 AM
    So the change seems to have wiped purchase histories as well.

Apps that i'd previously purchased and who show up in my available apps list in bbworld are now asking for payments to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 10:36 AM
    So the change seems to have wiped purchase histories as well.

Apps that i'd previously purchased and who show up in my available apps list in bbworld are now asking for payments to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    Try refreshing BBW and also your My World Available list.
    04-10-18 10:39 AM
    Try refreshing BBW and also your My World Available list.
    How do you refresh it?

Alt r s t used to do it for older bbos devices, but i'm on a passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 10:52 AM
    Found the refresh option under settings.

Did nothing.

So much for previously purchased apps.

Thanks BB.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 11:11 AM

Did nothing.

Thanks BB.

Posted via CB10
    All mine are still available.

May be a regional issue that will work itself through.
    04-10-18 11:31 AM

Did nothing.

Thanks BB.

Posted via CB10
    You can also try refreshing your Available list when inside it by tapping the 3 dots on lower right then selecting Refresh.
    04-10-18 11:33 AM
    Same boat here, neither of the refresh locations did anything for the apps. I just did a secure wipe and was re-installing the apps when I cam across this little problem.
    04-10-18 05:55 PM
    Same boat here, neither of the refresh locations did anything for the apps. I just did a secure wipe and was re-installing the apps when I cam across this little problem.
    I realized my error. If you click to look within the app's information you get a price instead of a download option.

Just click on the arrow next to the app name in the original available app list. You can't redownload from within the app's page itself.

Posted via CB10
    xubabi likes this.
    04-10-18 06:35 PM
    Also just to be clear,

April 1st, paid apps become unavailable only to new users according to BlackBerry. You'll still be able to download and reinstall them if you purchased them until they completely take down AppWorld .
    Any app you previously purchased continue to be available to re-download. No issues there.
    Well that's not really the case for me from BB World on PC or the app page on the phone. But, this following method works!

I realized my error. If you click to look within the app's information you get a price instead of a download option.

Just click on the arrow next to the app name in the original available app list. You can't redownload from within the app's page itself.
    Worked for me.
    04-20-18 01:53 AM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Yes. I'm still waiting die

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 07:48 AM
88 ... 234