The 1st of April soon approaches and as a first time BB10 owner (Classic) I am waiting to see what happens with the pricing / availability of some of the paid apps in BB World.

I have tried to purchase several apps but due to the ongoing issue of BB World not accepting payment methods, I am unable to buy the apps I would like before the 1st when they may disappear.

Does anybody have their crystal ball tuned in to see what way developers will decide; free or remove? It's a waiting game and when the payment option is continually rejected, I have no alternative but to wait.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 06:42 PM
    Gonna vary by developer naturally. I'm guessing most will go free since they likely don't care about whatever app it is anyway. Most of them haven't been updated in ages.
    03-13-18 07:28 PM
    Yes, I hope they do go free but can understand if devs decide to withdraw their offerings altogether. I was more than happy to purchase some apps to ensure I have access to them but unfortunately that was not an option.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 08:51 PM
    Hello Gene,

I'm no expert on BB World, but if I were you I would try to download and install the payment upgrade that BlackBerry released ages ago for BB World. Here it is: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59992049

And also, try adding a PayPal account rather than using a debit/credit card.

You may have tried all of these, just thought I'd mention them.

Time's running out!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 04:28 AM
    Hi James,

Tried the update and have attempted to enter PayPal and card details multiple times with no success. I have even emailed one developer with an offer to pay directly.

I will have to wait and see what changes after the 1st. Hopefully all will be good.

Cheers

Gene

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 05:07 AM
    I have tried to purchase several apps but due to the ongoing issue of BB World not accepting payment methods, I am unable to buy the apps I would like before the 1st when they may disappear.
    Posted via CB10
    I have a q10 and was having the same problems paying.
    I tried to install this but couldn't at first:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...92049/?lang=en

Then I upgraded the q10 to the latest update and I was able to install the above.
    At first it didn't work even after installing the update - but then I rebooted the phone and was able to finally add paypal info.
    And now i've been able to buy apps.

Just thought I would share in case it helps you.
    03-14-18 06:25 AM
    Hello Gene,

I'm no expert on BB World, but if I were you I would try to download and install the payment upgrade that BlackBerry released ages ago for BB World. Here it is: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59992049

And also, try adding a PayPal account rather than using a debit/credit card.

You may have tried all of these, just thought I'd mention them.

Time's running out!

Posted via CB10
    James,

I thought I would try entering my details and it worked. Thanks for prompt to try one more time. Now I will purchase the few apps that I believe I need.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 07:07 AM
    Good man. There's a few threads about apps people recommend buying before time's up, hope you've seen them.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 07:38 AM
    Not yet but thanks for the heads upm

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 05:12 PM
    Yes, I hope they do go free but can understand if devs decide to withdraw their offerings altogether. I was more than happy to purchase some apps to ensure I have access to them but unfortunately that was not an option.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I too would have liked to purchase some. Not so much from need, but from interest, or for general information. For example astronomy, night sky, etc. However, like you, have been unable to purchase due to the ongoing payment issues with BBW.

I have a couple of colleagues who fully believe the payment issues are driven by Mr. Chen wanting to drive users away and kill the ecosystem . Do not subscribe to the theory, but I have to wonder why it has been dealt with. Same card, same PayPal, etc can be used anywhere else on the web . . .
    03-15-18 02:13 AM
    Playfoot, for some reason my PayPal details were finally accepted after trying 4 days after I first updated the payment app.

Maybe worth another try. One never knows.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-18 04:33 AM
    Playfoot, for some reason my PayPal details were finally accepted after trying 4 days after I first updated the payment app.

Maybe worth another try. One never knows.

Posted via CB10
    Many have reported it's just a matter of trying a number of times over a period of time.... but then other haven't gotten it to work at all.
    03-15-18 03:43 PM
    Many have reported it's just a matter of trying a number of times over a period of time.... but then other haven't gotten it to work at all.
    Interesting.. it certainly did take a lot of effort for me to get it working and I wonder if it was just the amount of attempts.

But what I did was upgrade the blackberry to latest OS(it was 10.2 originally and wouldn't install the purchase update file because of that),then I installed that purchase update above, and then I had to restart the phone before it started working.
    If anyone wants to try those steps and see if it works for them.
    03-15-18 03:57 PM
    RIght now... mmmm
    Attached Thumbnails BB World and 1st April-img_20180315_221823.jpg  
    03-15-18 04:22 PM
    Interesting.. it certainly did take a lot of effort for me to get it working and I wonder if it was just the amount of attempts.

But what I did was upgrade the blackberry to latest OS(it was 10.2 originally and wouldn't install the purchase update file because of that),then I installed that purchase update above, and then I had to restart the phone before it started working.
    If anyone wants to try those steps and see if it works for them.
    Yeah being on the latest updated files might have helped... I just assume most everyone is on 10.3 at this point.
    03-16-18 07:52 AM
    Yeah being on the latest updated files might have helped... I just assume most everyone is on 10.3 at this point.
    Yeah, I held back just because I didn't like the small icons they rolled out with 10.3. But, having a last chance to ever buy certain commercial apps seems a little more important so I decided to let that go lol.
    03-16-18 11:36 AM
    I can only speak for myself and the FileArchiveHaven library.

Any apps I have that require a server, I'll be removing.

Any apps I have that do not require a server, I'll be putting up for free.

That said I know quite a few other developers that are angry about it and not willing to go free... So it really is going to vary a lot.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-17-18 10:59 PM
    dears, is there any chance to download locally (i.e. on a PC) the bar files of the BB10 apps?

in that way, we could always install and exchange apps even after the switching off of BB World

thank you in advance for your replies,

Nelik
    03-19-18 10:16 AM
    dears, is there any chance to download locally (i.e. on a PC) the bar files of the BB10 apps?
    No, there is not.
    03-19-18 11:05 AM
    No, there is not.
    Hi Brookie,

thanks ... anyway, I just learned about DBBT , Darcy app ... cannot do the job ?
    03-19-18 11:13 AM
    Hi Brookie,

thanks ... anyway, I just learned about DBBT , Darcy app ... cannot do the job ?
    Nope.
    03-19-18 11:16 AM
    Nope.
    ok thanks ...

so the only way to "save" the paid apps (I mean, the ones that are not free and that, if not converted to free, will be removed from BB World), is to do install them now and do a full backup, right?

Otherwise I don't see any other method apart that, since it's not possible to store locally the BAR files ... without mentioning to quit BB10 of course
    03-19-18 11:24 AM
    ok thanks ...

so the only way to "save" the paid apps (I mean, the ones that are not free and that, if not converted to free, will be removed from BB World), is to do install them now and do a full backup, right?

Otherwise I don't see any other method apart that, since it's not possible to store locally the BAR files ... without mentioning to quit BB10 of course
    Backups are encrypted, and when the BBID servers go kaput then loading them might be tricky (assuming Link doesn't bite the dust first). But yes, that's the only way to keep those apps around without developer intervention.
    03-19-18 11:26 AM
    install them now and do a full backup, right?
    That is correct. There may be a time when some devs will post those .bars on a website somewhere or just let them go for free but that is all speculation. We will just have to wait and see--there is nothing you can do but make a backup on Link (if it's still working for you!).
    03-19-18 11:28 AM
    thank you both, Thurask and Brookie, it's clear now ... sad, but clear

regarding Link, at the moment I still have a Window 7 laptop where it works perfectly, I can keep it for this purpose since I've heard about this frequent incompatibilities between Win10 and Link

anyway, let's see what will happen, even if the end is approaching faster and faster

KR,

Nelik
    03-19-18 11:33 AM
88 123 ...