Skstrials, google "sarcasm"

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:43 AM
    First of all, it is the airline's responsibility to inform all of the passengers about any delays, cancellations or time changes as in your case because 3 hours is quite a lot of time. Secondly, BlackBerry Travel to my observations is based on the information that the airport sends not even airline I flew with the same airline across Europe and it differs from airport to airport. E.g. If you fly with British Airways for sure in the UK you will get the BlackBerry Travel updates but if you travel with British Airways in Spain the update may not occur.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:11 AM
    This is downright bizarre. It's unlikely in the extreme an airline would do a late schedule change and not bother to tell anyone, in Europe anyway.

So it depends when this was booked. If it's long in advance, and the schedule was changed long in advance (I'm talking months here), then that is possible, as schedules do change for the season.

If this is meant to have happened shortly before the flight, that really is highly, extremely unusual, and not bothering to tell the passengers quite ridiculous.

Something else has gone on here. It's not the full story.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:14 AM
    The main thing in this thread is BlackBerry travel, is it working as it should all the time? NO.

I don't care if the OP is asking for money or whatever from BlackBerry but it's true that sometimes you get "monitored" status forever! Even months after the flight it still says the same.

And btw flights timings DO get changed and yes sometimes it gets changed to an EARLIER date and it has happened to me twice in the last 3 years!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:28 AM
    Iberia should have contacted you you with the schedule change, I've heard from them even when it's just been a five minute change. It's always been an email asking me to confirm I accept the changes, I like to think if you don't respond to this they would contact you further but this is Iberia... Prove they didn't and make a claim against them. I've noticed BlackBerry Travel doesn't pick up on changes from a published schedule, if I get them I usually manually change the time. It sees when flights are logged as delayed or cancelled by the airline.

Spike

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:43 AM
    I guess the author of this thread wants to get his ?360 back because he missed the flight and somebody has to be blamed. I can't believe and I won't that the airline hadn't informed about the change.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:09 AM
    Dominikd
    Thank life for letting you believe whatever makes you happy, if it exists...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:54 AM
    It happened before that my BlackBerry ? changed status before it showed up on the airport screens.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:20 AM
    This happened to me earlier this year for the first time. My flight was rescheduled 3 hours earlier by Air Asia & they sent SMS, emails & called 2 times to remind me of the rescheduled flight.

My BlackBerry Travel was not able to make the changes as it is a different flight number all together. So it appeared that I had 2 flights back to Kuala Lumpur on the same day 3 hours ahead. I can accept this coz I don't expect an app to be able to be so smart as to read the minds of humans to delete the first scheduled flight.

If Iberia didn't call or email or messaged you on the earlier schedule I'm sure it is their fault. I always believed that flights should always be rescheduled later not earlier as it will be bound to cause unnecessary problems for the airlines & it's passengers.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-30-14 05:32 AM
    Dominikd
    Thank life for letting you believe whatever makes you happy, if it exists...

Posted via CB10
    I know it's not the focus of this thread, but you are saying that the airline pushed a flight forward 3 hours and did not tell you? Did they tell anyone? What did they say when you spoke to them about it? That's a pretty serious screw up for an airline. It would be interesting to hear the rest of the story, as I have never heard of such a thing. I know you came on CrackBerry to talk about BlackBerry Travel, but you must have been furious with the airline!
    09-30-14 05:38 AM
    I know it's not the focus of this thread, but you are saying that the airline pushed a flight forward 3 hours and did not tell you? Did they tell anyone? What did they say when you spoke to them about it? That's a pretty serious screw up for an airline. It would be interesting to hear the rest of the story, as I have never heard of such a thing. I know you came on CrackBerry to talk about BlackBerry Travel, but you must have been furious with the airline!
    If the aircraft went empty and 150 people turned up 'late' because they didn't tell anyone, the subsequent furious riot would have hit the news. So I do not for a second believe that happened.

I'm more inclined to think this is user error.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:47 AM
    Probably he ignored the emails from Iberia.

However if you are actually entitled to to get your money back you shouldnt contact BlackBerry but read the Europe Passenger Bill of Rights:
    Enac - Passenger's Bill of Rights
    09-30-14 06:01 AM
    Of course he did. They are obligated to inform us about any changes. BlackBerry is for sure not to blame, it won't issue any refund. The fault is between the passenger and the airline.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:07 AM
    Folks
    The object of this post was only asking about the meaning of the "monitored" flag in a flight entry in BlackBerry travel.
    Thank you all for your advices I don't need and never asked for.
    The flight was Iberia 5767 ATHBCN originally scheduled for 29SEP14 01:35AM and rescheduled for 28SEP14 10:25PM.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Travel gets updates from third party provider Flight Stats. When a flight is monitored it means BlackBerry Travel has found the flight on Flight Stats and is listening for updates. If Flight Stats does not send an update BlackBerry Travel can't tell you.

I fly frequently and I found the BBT notifications to be very reliable.

Rare that a flight time changes by more than a few hours but that usually only happens when you buy a ticket months in advance and the schedules change. In any case, I've seen that happen a few times on flight purchased months ahead and I've been notified by the airlines about the schedule change days if not weeks in advance. My BlackBerry Travel has also received the updates.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:48 AM
    If the aircraft went empty and 150 people turned up 'late' because they didn't tell anyone, the subsequent furious riot would have hit the news. So I do not for a second believe that happened.

I'm more inclined to think this is user error.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I was hoping to get the details from the OP.
    09-30-14 09:16 AM
    Never heard of plane leaving earlier?? They are always late if not on time... So I guess BB travel though there is no way in hell this is right... lol
    09-30-14 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry Travel gets updates from third party provider Flight Stats. When a flight is monitored it means BlackBerry Travel has found the flight on Flight Stats and is listening for updates. If Flight Stats does not send an update BlackBerry Travel can't tell you.
    Great information. Thanks!
    I have actually had BB Travel Update a gate for me before it even showed on the screens at the airport.
    anon7902371 likes this.
    09-30-14 09:21 AM
    Never heard of plane leaving earlier?? They are always late if not on time... So I guess BB travel though there is no way in hell this is right... lol
    Well, a late schedule change, pushing 3 hours earlier, has to be EXTREMELY rare, as it seems like a disaster in the making. Any and all connecting flights will be screwed, as well as people making arrangement through family, friends, mass transit, whatever - in order to get to the airport based on original planned flight departure. I can't imagine the mess this might create for some people.
    The only two reasons I have seen in this thread that make any sense are 1) to beat harsh weather that would otherwise cause a flight cancellation, and 2) A flight booked FAR in advance with a schedule change well before day of departure.
    This is a change I can't imagine an airline carrier would want to have to make.
    09-30-14 09:34 AM
    I have actually had BB Travel Update a gate for me before it even showed on the screens at the airport.
    It happened to me a few times as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:21 AM
    Well, a late schedule change, pushing 3 hours earlier, has to be EXTREMELY rare, as it seems like a disaster in the making. Any and all connecting flights will be screwed, as well as people making arrangement through family, friends, mass transit, whatever - in order to get to the airport based on original planned flight departure. I can't imagine the mess this might create for some people.
    The only two reasons I have seen in this thread that make any sense are 1) to beat harsh weather that would otherwise cause a flight cancellation, and 2) A flight booked FAR in advance with a schedule change well before day of departure.
    It happens and yes it happened to me a week before the flight and they moved it a whole day earlier but after missing the flight they gave me another ticket for free

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:23 AM
    None of the airlines I've worked for and with throughout my career have ever done something like that. Not late on. A flight might get cancelled and passengers re-protected onto an earlier one, but never ever have I seen one re-schedule a flight by such a margin just before departure. There'd be no reason to do it for one thing, and for another aircraft aren't lying around waiting for a departure, they're busy through the day. Moving one three hours earlier would require that aircraft to be available three hours earlier. And they aren't.

The only reason I can possibly think of would be some sort of airport requirement, like closing the airfield at a certain time and then telling the airlines at late notice. It's possible, for such things as runway maintenance, but it would be highly unusual and you'd never forget to tell the passengers about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:34 AM
    Good points, Banco. Well, the OP doesn't say WHEN the flight was rescheduled. Could have been days before. He doesn't say why he was not notified - did they have faulty or incomplete contact information for him? Or the whole story could be made up. I don't know. Still hoping the OP might come back and explain.
    09-30-14 10:57 AM
    Yes, I have that too...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:48 AM
    There are definitely holes in the OP's story. While airlines do make schedule changes on a regular basis, they do a fairly good job informing passengers of schedule changes, even minor ones. If the airline changed the scheduled departure time to a much earlier time, it was not a last minute schedule change, as they tend to lock in the flight schedules several weeks out at the minimum.

Side note, Iberia does have an app for BB10, but based on the reviews, it must be pretty bad.....

I have found that BB Travel at times has been less than perfect in regards to monitoring a flight. I've got a trip coming up in about two weeks and the app was still showing the original departure and arrival times for my flights from when I booked the trip a little more than four months ago. So in order to have the most up to date info on flight times, I had to delete them from BB Travel and then forward an email from the airline with the up to date info. But between using Fly Delta (Android version because the BB10 version is essentially the mobile version of Delta.com) and BB Travel, things work out fine for me.
    10-01-14 04:30 PM
49 12