Anyone knows the meaning of the "monitored" joke in a flight entry?
    My flight was rescheduled for 3 hours earlier, the flight took off and BB Travel was still showing the "monitored" original time.
    Is there any link to send BlackBerry the invoice for the 360 euros I had to pay for another flight?
    Claudio H

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:47 PM
    Wouldn't it be the airliners responsibility to inform you?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Thor1972 and spikesolie like this.
    09-28-14 01:48 PM
    It's an unfortunate bug, but the airlines should have notified you of the change, well in advance.

By the way, I've noticed that if a flight's status doesn't change from 'monitored' to 'on time' a day or two before the flight, then BlackBerry Travel doesn't have access to the detailed infos for that flight and won't be able to notify of any changes. I don't know why for some flights it works, and others it doesn't...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:04 PM
    Happened here too but luckily I knew about the flight change.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:51 PM
    I'm about to put this into its paces when travelling NZ, Au, Indonesia end of year, hope it works!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-28-14 02:53 PM
    This is totally the airline fault
    They can't reschedule in advance without warning passengers

Posted via Z10
    09-28-14 03:16 PM
    Come on now you cant rely on BB Travel for those things, the airline should have contact you sending you an email warning with updated itinerary, and you should have monitored such email account.

I for one forgot to check-in online into a ryanair flight (you have to do it within 4 hours of the departure time) and had therefore check-in at the airport which cost me 70€. Totally my fault for having forgot but what made me upset with BB Travel in way is that I got a reminder of my flight that said: your flight is due in 3hours and 59 minutes - D'HO!!!!! Jeez remind me 4 hours and 5 minutes before so I can still check-in online, what's the point to send a reminder at 3 hours and 59 minutes. But still I totally get it's my own fault.
    bungaboy and Davidro1 like this.
    09-28-14 03:26 PM
    I fly quite a bit and have found all the different apps have their good days ago their bad.

On a recent trip to/frrom Europe I found BlackBerry Travel far outshone the official Air Canada app.

By far the best I've seen us when airlines like United or Lufthansa text you directly without an app although two weeks ago I was getting notifications through BlackBerry a good 15 minutes before Lufthansa texted me.

Z10
    09-28-14 03:26 PM
    I don't wanna sound rude but you sound kinda lame.

How on freaking planet Earth can someone think "oh ok, I don't need to bother about checking stuff about the flight I paid because the app will do everything for me and nothing can go wrong"

We should rely less on our phones I guess. Sorry to hear about what happened though, I can only imagine how pis*ed off you were.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:32 PM
    I travel more than most and have been for decades..... and never has a flight been rescheduled to be 3 hours earlier.

Sorry OP, I call epic BS

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:36 PM
    I travel more than most and have been for decades..... and never has a flight been rescheduled to be 3 hours earlier.

Sorry OP, I call epic BS
    It's odd but it happened once to me as well and I thought it was very strange then, but there is probably some courses of force majeure that made an airline having to do so. For one thing I'm pretty sure they must have contact the passengers otherwise assuming the OP is European there are good safe net in place for European passengers and he should be able to claim that fee back.
    ladyjelena likes this.
    09-28-14 03:49 PM
    It's odd but it happened once to me as well and I thought it was very strange then, but there is probably some courses of force majeure that made an airline having to do so. For one thing I'm pretty sure they must have contact the passengers otherwise assuming the OP is European there are good safe net in place for European passengers and he should be able to claim that fee back.
    Airlines will consolidate flights in advance but typically days in advance. It's the airlines responsibility to inform you. BlackBerry Travel can only monitor within the flight cycle of the flight number. Most flight numbers are associated with routes. I would question why you didn't get correspondence in advance of the travel day from the airline itself.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and djdragon like this.
    09-28-14 04:36 PM
    I just used it September 14 & 23 to go from LA to North Carolina and then onto London, then on the way back from London to Dallas, TX, then back to LAX.

It worked flawlessly every time, told me about a 20 minute delay and multiple gate changes both ways.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but mine was just the opposite.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 04:42 PM
    Bookmark Www.flightaware.com to your homepage. It's dependable for flight status information.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    09-28-14 04:56 PM
    What was the date, airline, flight# and departure airport?

I'm curious to look into this because in 30 years of frequent flying I've never seen a flight leave more than 30 minutes early and then only very rarely to beat a big storm.

Z10
    bungaboy and djdragon like this.
    09-28-14 05:12 PM
    yeap, i add a comment to the "should the airline inform you" line... i travel quite often as well and i would say the app is reliable... now, i think if the airline didn't inform you, maybe the app didn't get any updated information neither... i have never seen a 3h flight change, but i guess it could happen... i would complaint to the airline (they must inform you somehow), and i fail to see how the app is the one at fault...
    09-28-14 05:13 PM
    Never, never, never rely on third party websites in order to inform yourself about a scheduled departure or arrival. They can be awfully wrong. And folks, flights can always be changed - for a few minutes, hours or even a day. Airlines should or must inform you.. but it's an awful truth that sometimes they don't.
    Do not rely on apps.. even if it's from BB. ;-)

[sent from my samsung galaxy tab 4]
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    09-28-14 05:19 PM
    I'm sorry but you are the only one to blame here. I would be very interested in the details of your flight if you could post it.
    If an airline changed schedule without informing you then you should complain to them and send them your invoice.
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    09-28-14 09:38 PM
    I use BB travel strictly for my schedule layout. In regards to actual gate and time monitoring, I use the airline's app which also is not always 100%

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    09-28-14 10:23 PM
    Why don't you ask your airline to reimburse you??? It is their responsibility to inform you right? And the logical thing to do! Did you think of doing that?

Maybe you should sit back and just relax a bit. Think for a moment what you are saying OP!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:31 PM
    I noticed that BlackBerry travel on bb10 is not as good as is was on BlackBerry os 7. I used it all the time on my 9900 and found it to be very good. It's not as good on my z10 or now z30. I use flight aware app

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:01 PM
    Folks
    The object of this post was only asking about the meaning of the "monitored" flag in a flight entry in BlackBerry travel.
    Thank you all for your advices I don't need and never asked for.
    The flight was Iberia 5767 ATHBCN originally scheduled for 29SEP14 01:35AM and rescheduled for 28SEP14 10:25PM.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    09-29-14 01:18 AM
    Hey look on the bright side!

At least BlackBerry Travel did not try to kill you.

http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-20663447

Unlike Apple maps few years ago.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-29-14 01:51 AM
    Folks
    The object of this post was only asking about the meaning of the "monitored" flag in a flight entry in BlackBerry travel.
    Thank you all for your advices I don't need and never asked for.
    The flight was Iberia 5767 ATHBCN originally scheduled for 29SEP14 01:35AM and rescheduled for 28SEP14 10:25PM.

Posted via CB10
    Is there any link to send BlackBerry the invoice for the 360 euros I had to pay for another flight?
    Claudio H

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should read your first post again.

The object of this thread was you trying to absurdly ask for money from BlackBerry when a phone app should never be fully depended upon to begin with, like my Apple maps example shown above.

A phone app is a mere convenience feature and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-29-14 02:02 AM
    You don't blame the airline for not informing you?
    09-29-14 02:06 AM
49 12