I came to the z10 world from a bold 9900 and the one thing i miss the most is bb traffic! Don't tell me that the maps is a good replacement... it is a nice replacement for the gps mapping and routing, with a traffic view that is only useful zoomed way out. then the screen shuts off. I really miss that simple bar outlining the traffic build up with an estimation of arrival time .

Anyone know if this is coming to bb10?

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-19-13 06:31 AM
    I don't know if its on the way...but I sure wish it was!!! I love BB Traffic and used it so often on my 9930.
    Let's hope someone has some news for us.
    eninrebmun and calicocat2010 like this.
    04-19-13 08:20 AM
    BB Traffic was an absolutely great travel aid for areas that you're reasonably familiar with and don't need the map view, but the live traffic and suggested routes were perfect.. Reduces the amount of data usage to a minimum, but still provides very useful travel and navigational data. In my experience though, it's not a replacement for a real GPS mapping app if you're traveling in areas that you are *un*familiar with.. I could see "Traffic" being bundled in as a separate mode in the "Maps" application because when I was using Traffic (again, in areas that I was familiar with and didn't need to have the map on all the time), there were always times when I *did* wish I could quickly pull up a map view without going to a different app..

The BB Maps app is pretty darned good, but not having preloaded maps and routing data means that it's just impractical to use as I don't have an unlimited data plan.. Same goes for all the other "online" navigation programs.. Magellan Compass used to be my go-to app on the PlayBook as I could connect to WiFi and cache the maps of an area before travel, but it was not a very user friendly app, and it had some quirks and still used data to do its routing; Mireo Don't Panic which features downloadable maps and routing data (the app is entirely data-free, even routing and POI search is done entirely with the on-device maps) is now my BB navigation app of choice- it still has some bugs (screen rotation in download view, occasions where it loses the GPS and you have to long-press the "X" to quit and restart the app, not turning off the GPS when you quit the app (you have to long-press X to quit otherwise the app exits, but a lot of the time, it leaves the GPS turned on (location icon stays lit at the top of the screen) and it drains your battery quick.. Maps are about $15/area with free updates (which may sound expensive compared to the various $1.99-$4.99 apps, but much cheaper than the Garmin and TomTom map packs that sell for $79-$149 per update..
    shivaji likes this.
    04-19-13 09:45 AM
    I came to the z10 world from a bold 9900 and the one thing i miss the most is bb traffic! Don't tell me that the maps is a good replacement... it is a nice replacement for the gps mapping and routing, with a traffic view that is only useful zoomed way out. then the screen shuts off. I really miss that simple bar outlining the traffic build up with an estimation of arrival time .

Anyone know if this is coming to bb10?

Posted via CB10
    Amen! BlackBerry Traffic was brilliant and I hope and pray it will be available on Q10
    04-19-13 11:13 AM
    I used BlackBerry traffic when I rocked the 9900 but unlike you guys I don't miss it. For me BlackBerry maps in the z10 is the same I'd not better because it tells me what side of the street my destination is on.

I just wish the audio was louder.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:20 PM
    if they bring a couple of options from bb traffic to z10 maps then to me it would be perfect and complete. Like the txt mssg on your ETA, or the different times that I can leave and arrive according to traffic, or having how much voice assistance I required...
    04-20-13 11:45 AM
    I used BlackBerry traffic when I rocked the 9900 but unlike you guys I don't miss it. For me BlackBerry maps in the z10 is the same I'd not better because it tells me what side of the street my destination is on.

I just wish the audio was louder.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know you could get BlackBerry Maps to talk too - I'll have to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:34 PM
    Traffic congestion is now rolled into blackberry maps itself, its just a button you turn on and off while looking at map view...

and the turn by turn voice directions and screen directions are present in the current blackberry maps for OS10

BB Traffic for BB10?-img_00000337.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:29 PM
    Traffic congestion is now rolled into blackberry maps itself, its just a button you turn on and off while looking at map view...
    The "show traffic" function in BB Maps really doesn't replace BB Traffic, which analyzed alternative routes and gave you a usually accurate time for each route. Looking at a rush hour map with a traffic layer showing congestion everywhere doesn't necessarily enable you to chart the best possible route with precision.
    Jim Bean1 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:47 PM

and the turn by turn voice directions and screen directions are present in the current blackberry maps for OS10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000337.png 
Views:	1347 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	154011

Posted via CB10
    Yes, i know that that is there. But it doesn't give you a total trip view of the traffic load from your house to work or back. And if surely doesn't update as often. If you want that sort of view you have to zoom out, and then the screen shuts off. Also it doesn't give different times it will take to destination based on different traffic flow.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:17 AM
    they are slowly starting to add those features. some of them made it to the map app in the leaked 10.1 u can now see a list of streets with some traffic info beside them.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:19 AM
    Man I miss Traffic. Maps "show traffic" isn't a replacement. It was simple and efficient... and apparently missed my a *lot* of people.
    04-24-13 04:57 PM
    I agree it is not bb traffic... but some of the features are currently available in blackberry maps for bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:59 PM
    From my understanding, they are slowly integrating it into BlackBerry Maps.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:50 PM
    Well I gave BlackBerry Maps a shot on Monday, driving around Surrey BC to get my daughter's grad dress. No complaints other than my Z10 sure seemed to heat up while I had the map plus voice on. I still want BlackBerry Traffic.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:23 PM
    Let's email them! [email protected]

I just sent the following email to the BB Traffic support team. Maybe BB will take notice and do something about this:

Dear BlackBerry,

I recently upgraded my BB 9930 with the Z10 and was more than disappointed to find the app I live by isn’t compatible with the Z10: BlackBerry Traffic. I am impressed with the overall functionality and usability of the Z10 but the lack of BB Traffic is a real deal breaker. I know that you’ll find many BB users share this major concern. In fact, a simple Google search will reveal the most frequently inquired phrase ‘BlackBerry Traffic for Z10’…

[included a screenshot of google search]

Time and time again, I have personally ‘converted’ Android and iOS users by giving them a simple demo of BB Traffic. BB Traffic became part of my day, every single day. It was a pure and solid display of what BB can do and how they separate themselves from the others.

I can go on and on about how the current Z10 apps (BB Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc) don’t even come close to the beautiful and simplistic nature of BB Traffic but again, a simple Google search will reveal all the obvious reasons.

The Z10 is crisp, neat, sharp, has a great camera, has a logical menu structure and amazingly useful hand gesture commands… all of this nice, but it doesn’t shave off 20-40 minutes off my daily commute to and from work which saves me gas, time, and makes my wife very happy. Please bring back this magical application for the Z10.
    05-05-13 03:20 PM
    Amazing post... hopefully they "Get the Message" soon enough. I sent a tweet to Alec Saunders and he said to use Waze... thanks... but no.
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 05-07-13 at 11:31 PM.
    05-05-13 04:13 PM
    Hahaha .... Waze.... hahahaha... he seriously said that??? Ah man, thanks... I'm still laughing. That's too funny. Waze! hahahaha
    05-08-13 08:04 PM
    From my understanding, they are slowly integrating it into BlackBerry Maps.

Posted via CB10
    Slowly being the key points here. I am surprised that this has not been a bigger deal now that the q10 is out.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:43 AM
    I was completely devastated when I learned that my new Q10 did not have the BB Traffic app that my previous phone (Torch) had.

I found this forum thread a while ago. I've had time for this to all sink in. I still feel like there is a huge panic attack waiting to surface any time I venture home after work.

And I'm sorry but that BB Maps app pretty much sucks. You pull up a route and you lose traffic data. You zoom in or out and you lose traffic data. Not to mention that you no longer get to compare routes or see that really nifty color band, or view traffic by time, or all the other countless features in the app. BB Maps could go away and I'd accomplish as much as I did before.

I had no idea that switching to Q10 would be such a pain in the ****. If my phone had not been traded in at the time of purchase, I would have tossed out my Q10 a LONG time ago. It's a great phone but it's not worth it. And what's more, my Torch didn't have any major problems. I dropped it constantly and it kept on going. I regret making the switch.
    07-31-13 05:44 PM
    just ordered Q10 from wirefly, and may now return it. Used Traffic twice already today, once to avoid backup on the 55 in Orange County. It's a great app, and a shame it's not available on OS 10. Traffic was my most used app on 9900. Of course I'm older and use smart phone primarily for business, so why would they bother to keep me happy???? Sheesh.
    08-11-13 06:17 PM
    There were 4 native BlackBerry apps I used on my Torch : BlackBerry Conference, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Messenger and BlackBerry Traffic. Three of them made it to my Q10 but no sign of Traffic. In my opinion the BlackBerry Maps is good as a GPS program, but I've done my commute 1000's of times and do not need directions, but the traffic is wretched and knowing aheaded of time which route to take is crucial.

I had high hopes but with recent news I am not so sure anymore...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:53 PM
    I think traffic is built into bbmaps. But I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:29 PM
    If in BlackBerry maps you have avoid traffic selected it will give you fastest route based on traffic. It's fairly accurate but I still miss my BlackBerry Traffic app.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:11 PM
    Like most of you I really miss BB Traffic. I just got my Q10 and BB Maps just isn't doing it for me (I may not be using it correctly yet). So I came up with a workaround this morning - out of desperation. I still have my old 9900 enabled only for Wi-Fi .. so I turned on Mobile Hot Spot on my Q10 .. fired up my 9900 and connected it thru the Q10 .. and lo and behold BB Traffic worked fine! Even the GPS on the 9900 worked!

So, rather then send my 9900 to the junk drawer or cascade it down to my kids, it's going to live a second life as a 'BB Traffic Appliance' in my car!
    09-16-13 07:47 AM