Hallo,
    Just got my new BB Q5 after 5 years with BB 8900 ,and in found that is awsome device,but:
    1)how can i check lifetimer (bought a second hand Q5 and i want to know how much voice usage it has before)
    2)i don't have a charger for him, so, can i use my older 8900 charger??
    3) i ahve found in "file manager-->misc----> a folder called "android",what is that?
    ...more to come
    Thank you!

Sorry for my english,not my native lang
    11-09-13 12:12 PM
    The first question i dont now what you are talking about.
    The question of the charger i am not sure but i use my 9360 charger to charge my z10.
    And the third question of the folder i think that is the folder where the sideloaded apps data goes.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:20 PM
    about my first question,i want to know how to check how much my BB Q5 was used before me,in other words :total voice usage lifetime,with my BB 8900 i can do this just going to settings and tipping BUYR..
    i hope you can understand me this time
    11-09-13 12:27 PM
    about my first question,i want to know how to check how much my BB Q5 was used before me,in other words :total voice usage lifetime,with my BB 8900 i can do this just going to settings and tipping BUYR..
    i hope you can understand me this time
    mmmm i really dont know about that but you can always search in the forums or add me as a friend and i can help you with all the questions you could have
    11-09-13 12:46 PM
    For your first question.
    Go to dialer >settings>call summery

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    11-09-13 12:49 PM
    you can reset that very simple with "reset" button,not to mention about wipe option ........i need a way to find all time data usage like old BB devices with that BUYR thing wich cannot be reset
    11-09-13 01:36 PM
    no one knoes...anyway,i have another one question:
    i have transfered all datata from BB 8900 to BB Q5 using BB Link,all good,except messages and call log history and this is frustrating cause i need all my old messages back....how can i solve this problem??

thank you!
    11-10-13 04:57 AM
    anyone can help me .......???
    BB Link dont transfer my old messages (SMS) and call log history,I tried twice
    BB Protect does not work for me because i don't have a BB data plan on my old phone,altough i think this is ridicoulos to ask for BIS BES just to transfer contacts and eveything from old to new phone......

any other tips???
    11-23-13 03:08 AM
    Hallo,
    Just got my new BB Q5 after 5 years with BB 8900 ,and in found that is awsome device,but:
    1)how can i check lifetimer (bought a second hand Q5 and i want to know how much voice usage it has before)
    2)i don't have a charger for him, so, can i use my older 8900 charger??
    3) i ahve found in "file manager-->misc----> a folder called "android",what is that?
    ...more to come
    Thank you!

Sorry for my english,not my native lang
    It's not advised to use chargers from legacy devices.
    You might want to look into getting a new charger

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-23-13 03:40 AM
    lol ,that was my first question and solved allready ),BB Curve 8900 charger works like a charm for Q5,anyway.....
    take a look at my last ones
    11-23-13 03:49 AM
    lol ,that was my first question and solved allready ),BB Curve 8900 charger works like a charm for Q5,anyway.....
    If you did a one time device switch, everything would have come over to new device. Any official BlackBerry charger will work. Stay away from Asian knock off's.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-23-13 05:04 AM
    If you did a one time device switch, everything would have come over to new device. Any official BlackBerry charger will work. Stay away from Asian knock off's.
    thank you,
    anyway device switch transferred contacts, calendar,notes and everything EXCEPT sms and call logs
    11-23-13 05:29 AM
    Yes it should work,but its not advisable. There are a bunch of threads on this topic

11-23-13 07:36 AM
    Why?because of marketing?

via CB10 on Q5
    11-23-13 07:42 AM
    Why?because of marketing?

via CB10 on Q5
    Nothing to do with marketing, as you would see from the forums . Just making a suggestion, it's your choice.

Also since I didn't see any answer for this, the Android folder has to do with the Android run time and apps.
    BB10 had the ability to run ported Android apps, downloaded from BBWORLD and to sideload android apps directly on to the device - there are a lot of threads and how tos if you decide you want to try sideloading.
    11-23-13 08:44 AM
    thank you for your answear,but my biggest question is about transfer SMS and call log history from old BB 8900 to Q5,IT DOESEN"T WORK
    11-23-13 10:33 AM
    thank you for your answear,but my biggest question is about transfer SMS and call log history from old BB 8900 to Q5,IT DOESEN"T WORK
    Hmm that still hasn't worked?
    Have you tried to back up the old BB with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then restoring that back up to Q5 via link?

Oh also make sure your software is up to date

11-23-13 11:18 AM
    good ideea,
    I just tried,i have selected a backup file and opened with link and then selected only SMS tot transfer,and finished succesfully but they still doesent show on my Q5 (((
    11-23-13 11:50 AM
    Check app work for a program to back up your sms

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:11 PM