I'm still loving blackberry passport
    I have 2 passport SE and RED

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition
    07-07-18 08:16 AM
    But concerning to other updates, security patches, etc....do you have any official source?

Posted via CB10
    No, but based on what has been officially stated, which has been nothing since the EOL statement, any future updates seem highly unlikely.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-07-18 10:33 AM
    I've said it many times on here as well and that's we have no idea what's going to happen after 12/31/2019 at least regarding BBOS and BB10 functionality.

I was just responding to your earlier comments regarding official statements regarding BB10. Their official statement was exactly stated when they announced EOL of both OS but includes their actions subsequently to prove their intentions.

I use the KEYone but I do also use iPhone 5 temporarily as my second line. As my older son and younger daughters hand-down their older device to younger sibling, the oldest iPhone became orphaned. Their iPhones 6, 7, and 8 have impressed me. The biggest problems are that 5 and the SE are too small AND there is no CB app.

Seriously, BBAndoid is what should have been developed after BBOS. You'd probably be on Passport 8 or Passport X by now running an even more polished version of BBAndroid.
    There is the app for CB forum on IOS.... but to me it does not work well as on BB.

We will see what it will be happening on 2020....meanwhile... I open a beer for you! Cheers mate!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-18 03:41 PM
    Nope. You could track it down as easily as I could. Regarding your comment about "an Android Runtime upgrade is not expected" (on your reply to another post), please stop and think about this logically:

The ART in BB10 is v4.3 of Android.
    We are now upgrading /shipping new phones to Android EIGHT.

If BB was going to upgrade the ART in BB10 wouldn't they have done it LONG AGO?

An upgrade to newer Android is NOT going to happen.
    Stop making sense.
    07-07-18 03:43 PM
    For a BlackBerry 10 fan and for a guy who always uses different devices for different situations, I hope the basic functionality can continue into 2020.

I have a Passport SE as my daily driver and although the browser is becoming useless slowly, the 12 or so apps I used are all almost dead and I seem to have issues with MMS messages on my carrier (Freedom). I still love it and will use it for calls, texts, emails and light surfing.

I have a Classic that I have as a backup and emergency device or when I travel abroad every year to go to Greece and have fun. I'll pop in a new sim card and keep my Canadian number on my Classic for any emergency calls or anything back home.

I have been looking more and more at my Q10, a device which was a little beast. So we'll built, so solid and such a great size for messaging and holding in the hand. I only wished they launched it with the silver metal ring around the device, like the 9900 and Classic. I might just use this device going forward as a wifi device to stream music while I am at the gym due to its light size.

As long as the core functionality of calls, texts and emails continue, I am a happy camper. I know that the email format will not last forever and that the browser and sms text messaging will change over the years.

At first I thought I would buy a Key 2 but the more and more I think about it, perhaps I can make it till Key 3 if possible.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-07-18 04:16 PM
    There is the app for CB forum on IOS.... but to me it does not work well as on BB.

We will see what it will be happening on 2020....meanwhile... I open a beer for you! Cheers mate!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks elfabio
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-07-18 07:24 PM
    For a BlackBerry 10 fan and for a guy who always uses different devices for different situations, I hope the basic functionality can continue into 2020.

I have a Passport SE as my daily driver and although the browser is becoming useless slowly, the 12 or so apps I used are all almost dead and I seem to have issues with MMS messages on my carrier (Freedom). I still love it and will use it for calls, texts, emails and light surfing.

I have a Classic that I have as a backup and emergency device or when I travel abroad every year to go to Greece and have fun. I'll pop in a new sim card and keep my Canadian number on my Classic for any emergency calls or anything back home.

I have been looking more and more at my Q10, a device which was a little beast. So we'll built, so solid and such a great size for messaging and holding in the hand. I only wished they launched it with the silver metal ring around the device, like the 9900 and Classic. I might just use this device going forward as a wifi device to stream music while I am at the gym due to its light size.

As long as the core functionality of calls, texts and emails continue, I am a happy camper. I know that the email format will not last forever and that the browser and sms text messaging will change over the years.

At first I thought I would buy a Key 2 but the more and more I think about it, perhaps I can make it till Key 3 if possible.

Posted via CB10
    If you can swing it, you might as well plan on Key2 by end of year.... just a gut feeling......
    07-07-18 07:28 PM
    If you can swing it, you might as well plan on Key2 by end of year.... just a gut feeling......

I have a feeling you may be right. On the main device the end will probably come quicker than I want but we will hold off as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-18 08:48 PM
    No, but based on what has been officially stated, which has been nothing since the EOL statement, any future updates seem highly unlikely.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    We've had an update since that statement, the last couple of updates have come after numerous high profile members in these forums (not looking at you) have said we won't get anything else yet they still regurgitate the same uninformed opinion as if it's fact (I guess at some point they will actually be correct).

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-08-18 06:08 AM
    We've had an update since that statement, the last couple of updates have come after numerous high profile members in these forums (not looking at you) have said we won't get anything else yet they still regurgitate the same uninformed opinion as if it's fact (I guess at some point they will actually be correct).

Posted via CB10
    I believe they were discussing about MAJOR updates. BB10 will get nothing more than maintenance/security updates until end of 2019. EOL/EOS after that.

BlackBerry announces at least another two years of support for BB10 and BBOS users https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...and-bbos-users
    07-08-18 06:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Those "updates" did not change functionality or improve anything. There is a big difference when you consider what the substance of the updates were.
    07-08-18 11:18 AM
    BlackBerry won't be doing anything BlackBerry 10 related unless it's a major client that wants it done for security and maintenance.

If it's a very minor issue of something that's affecting something small on BlackBerry 10 OS, they probably won't give it any attention cause they already have mountains of issues with BlackBerry 10 OS and limited resources to deal with them.

If a new security issue comes into play and a major government client or for example some of their banking and legal clients require it, it will get passed on and dealt with. They won't stiff a BlackBerry Enterprise software client who they are trying to grow their relationships by not doing anything. It might not be profitable to deal with BlackBerry 10 anymore but they will do it to keep existing BlackBerry clients happy for the time being.

This is somewhat a moot point in some ways, a lot of the BlackBerry 10 devices that went to corporate and government accounts were sold in 2013, 2014 and a decent bump in 2015 with the BlackBerry Classic. These devices are now 3,4 and 5 years old and are rapidly depleting and due for replacement. This isn't the BlackBerry devices of old where companies had thousands and thousands of devices, people in house for keyboard replacements, battery changes and other support etc.

Posted via CB10
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    07-08-18 02:41 PM
    I'm sure they are waiting until 12/31/2019 and they release a version of the QNX hypervisor that will allow users to run BBOS7.2, BB10.4 or Android Q all at the same time. On any device, old BOLDs and Curves, the PlayBooK, and BB10 device or even the new Android devices....

Or... In the real world, you hope that they send out a small patch to remove any dependency on BlackBerry Servers.
    DrBoomBotz and ppeters914 like this.
    07-09-18 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I remember someone about 1.5-2 years ago swearing that the browser would never be updated again. Too expensive and no money there.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-18 08:54 PM
39 12