HELP! Ok, all the essential details, here goes....
    CURRENT PROBLEM: BBQ10 (running with latest update whatever those numbers are 10.2.???) - currently my phone powers up, initiates my device password request, allows me to log in and then navigate through the main frames (the pages where the apps appear). However, my BB Hub is black and empty and will not populate. When I attempt to press on any app, including the links in the drop down/pull down menu (settings, wifi, Bluetooth etc.), the screen appears to be quickly swiping towards the right without me actually swiping in that direction. I press finger as normal, the screen quickly jumps to the right and returns to it's regular place. I can't open ANYTHING, can't receive calls, my messages are not incoming, no outgoing calls are possible etc.. It does allow me the option to long press the apps and gives me the delete link/garbage bin...though I have not attempted to delete anything yet.

This appears to have happened during a date change (auto update date is TURNED OFF at the time and obviously I can't get to it now). The phone thinks it's Feb 16 or something and the year was pushed far forward (not sure what year the phone actually thinks it is, but I know it was moved WAY ahead).

Assumption: ?The os isn't operable with this year?

What we have done: Battery pulls, backed up 3 times with Link (1 with backing up just apps and media, 2 with backing up just settings and 3 backing up all three options; apps, media ands settings. I have searched for hours for information from every angle I can think of.

I want to 'RELOAD device settings to factory' but I'm so afraid of the backed up data not being able to be reloaded to my phone without the issue being resolved. Does anyone know if factory settings include "AUTO DATE AND TIME UPDATE" as the setting to work with?

...also, I can access the folders, but the same thing happens upon pressing the icon/apps within those folders as well.

I have searched for keyboard shortcuts for the os10 but have had no such luck in finding any. Does anyone know of any shortcuts to get into the settings themselves? And does anyone know if the device settings can be modified through other software via my pc?

I have also posted here How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com with the same inquiry hoping to gt help as fast as possible.
    01-09-14 12:59 PM
    The apps not opening and the screen swiping to the active frame screen happens on my phone too, but a simple restart fixes the issue, unfortunately unless the hub is working, your phone is useless, I guess.

About the backup and restore, I would be afraid too, I backed up my device before and couldn't restore it back to the phone but that was using older versions of BlackBerry Link, so it's probably fixed by now ( not everyone had that issue ).

Hope any of the members here help you out.

Posted via CB10
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-09-14 01:03 PM
    Due to the Zombie Apocalypse in 2059, all bb10 phones will self destruct. (lol...sorry, too easy)

Seriously, if you backed up your data, you should be fine. Re-install the OS from scratch and do a restore. It looks like something for corrupted in the OS.

Hope that works for you.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-09-14 01:03 PM
    As we have a lot of BlackBerry devices laying around - one thing I mentioned... they connect to a time server have very great accuracy. Take two BlackBerry 10 smartphones and launch on both the clock application...

A lot of service certificates only work for a limited time - so I'm not wondering that problems exist... but it is definitely a bug that should be reported to BlackBerry. You should get an error message or something like that...

Posted via CB10
    Fahad Shafiq and Barbi.doll like this.
    01-09-14 01:20 PM
    Thank you to you both.

I agree costas1966, we were laughing at the fact that 'they' already know the fate of my device in the future!

So neither of you obviously know if there's a way to change the date via pc eh?
    01-09-14 01:23 PM
    As we have a lot of BlackBerry devices laying around - one thing I mentioned... they connect to a time server have very great accuracy. Take two BlackBerry 10 smartphones and launch on both the clock application...

A lot of service certificates only work for a limited time - so I'm not wondering that problems exist... but it is definitely a bug that should be reported to BlackBerry. You should get an error message or something like that...

Posted via CB10
    habicht, I first want to apologize and please do not be offended in my questioning of you post...the grammer in which you used (or possibly typos) leaves me to query your comment. Are you suggested I do something with 2 bb10's when you say 'Take two BlackBerry 10 smartphones and launch on both the clock application... ' and if so, how would I 'launch on both the clock application'? I am surely no guru of this sort of thing.

Also, by saying 'so I'm not wondering that problems exist' what exactly are you meaning as I'm interpreting 2 things here.

Again, no intention to offend you in asking for clarification, I'm really hoping that your actual messages proves useful in my little (and horrible) journey here.
    01-09-14 01:27 PM
    Thank you to you both.

I agree costas1966, we were laughing at the fact that 'they' already know the fate of my device in the future!

So neither of you obviously know if there's a way to change the date via pc eh?
    To my knowledge, the phone does not sync to the pc time, nor can it be set through the pc.... it is either a manual operation, or automatic through the network.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-09-14 01:41 PM
    Sorry for my bad English - my German would be better!

BlackBerry 10 devices have access to a time server and are very precise. If you open the clock app on two devices you will see what I mean!
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-10-14 10:35 AM
    Well, I've done the back ups, in fact I did 6 different variations of back ups so that if I experience any similar issues upon restoring from them, I can't try yet another.

I've also done the factory reset via BlackBerry Link.

I'm at the "Reload" software stage and no luck in getting my phone back up and running.

Link says that I need to disconnect my device from the computer and complete the setup through the phone, the phone has power, but the screen in black and the only option I have is to hold the power key which generates the option of "TURN OFF" the device or "CANCEL" the power down.

We have been working on this for 2 days. I refuse to believe we can't fix it with the wealth of information out there, and the fact that so many people report having done factory resets successfully. But, my bf seems to think I'm gonna need to return to TBooth where I bought the phone (6 weeks ago *sigh*) and have them either replace it or ship it out.

Anyone have any input, suggestions or a straightjacket to prevent me from pulling out all my hair?
    01-10-14 03:20 PM
    In my opinion, your best bet is to download the latest leaked OS autoloader, and install that on your phone. I think that will fix your problem.

It's worth a try, in my opinion.
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-10-14 05:03 PM
    Well, I've done the back ups, in fact I did 6 different variations of back ups so that if I experience any similar issues upon restoring from them, I can't try yet another.

I've also done the factory reset via BlackBerry Link.

I'm at the "Reload" software stage and no luck in getting my phone back up and running.

Link says that I need to disconnect my device from the computer and complete the setup through the phone, the phone has power, but the screen in black and the only option I have is to hold the power key which generates the option of "TURN OFF" the device or "CANCEL" the power down.

We have been working on this for 2 days. I refuse to believe we can't fix it with the wealth of information out there, and the fact that so many people report having done factory resets successfully. But, my bf seems to think I'm gonna need to return to TBooth where I bought the phone (6 weeks ago *sigh*) and have them either replace it or ship it out.

Anyone have any input, suggestions or a straightjacket to prevent me from pulling out all my hair?
    One day, I was attempting to load a new leak and accidently downloaded the leak file for a Q10 and loaded it onto my Z10. I thought the phone was screwed up for good since all it showed was, "wrong radio file". It would do nothing else. But, I did not panic and found the correct Z10 file, downloaded it and reinstalled the correct O.S. The phone then booted properly and all was fine. In other words, try a new O.S. leak file and see how the phone reacts to it. If you want to use the same O.S., re-download the file before you try and use it. The previous download may have been corrupted. I hope this helps.
    Barbi.doll likes this.
    01-10-14 05:16 PM
    So costas and Mozdony, you're suggesting I find a leaked os for the newest update? Is that already out there? I'm not a dumb dumb where technology is concerned, but I'm surely not fluent with things like leaked os files and autoloaders (the more fluent bf attempted the autoloader today).
    01-10-14 06:09 PM
    So costas and Mozdony, you're suggesting I find a leaked os for the newest update? Is that already out there? I'm not a dumb dumb where technology is concerned, but I'm surely not fluent with things like leaked os files and autoloaders (the more fluent bf attempted the autoloader today).
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/
    http://crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader
    Barbi.doll and Mozdony like this.
    01-10-14 06:17 PM
    Well guys, I have to say thank you for everything here. The leaked OS was the super duper long way around a super duper big issue. It didn't work but it did.

So here's what we did....we loaded the leaked OS from the link above for the Q5/Q10 (this filename Autoloader.Q10.SQN100-X.Q5.SQR100-X.OS.10.2.1.1925.SW.537.exe) and it appears that this leak may be missing a few things for it to be used with a physical keyboard as we couldn't get my keyboard to type anything...on the flipside, I ended up with a wonky touch keypad but ONLY for symbols/characters. The tutorial within this leak does show a cartoon image of the Q10 but there was no luck in gaining access to our WiFi as I couldn't enter a single letter.

Now...what this did do to solve my issues, was allowed us to do the reload through Link.

Confusion along the way remains that I'm still uncertain about the 'radio' version stuff and which is appropriate for my SQN100-1...for now I shall leave my curiosity roaming...I have a lot of damn work to do to get my phone back to where I want it.

Again thanks a tonne!
    CMcRob likes this.
    01-10-14 11:25 PM