03-13-15 05:27 AM
92 1234
tools
    Yea I just got it to work too using a different method on 2 phones.

In BBM app go to a contacts profile (any contact), select details and turn off instant previews. After that just turn it back on and seems to be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:46 PM
    I had the same problem before, but now it seems to be ok by itself. I didnt do anything but restarted the phone a few times. Weird.
    10-23-13 09:52 PM
    OK, just updated to 10.2.0.424 on Telus and I'm not getting toast notifications for BBM either. I tried both fixes. When I go into the notifications settings for BBM it tells me that my BBM isn't set up even though it is and I can both send and receive BBMs. When I go to my contacts BBM profile under details there is nothing about previews. Anybody have any ideas?
    BB OS10.2 BBM instant preview not working..-img_00003886.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:54 PM
    FIGURED IT OUT!! only works for certain bbm contacts!
    10-23-13 10:07 PM
    I've got Instant Previews on everywhere. I tried the method of turning all the BBM -related ones off and then back in again. No luck.

When I view a BBM contact's details, there is no mention of Instant Previews.
    BB OS10.2 BBM instant preview not working..-img_00000418.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 10:08 PM
    this did not work for me...
    That did it thanks works perfectly now spread the word

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    10-23-13 10:15 PM
    I got mine working. I had to open up the bbm app, and select the contacts to show in instant preview mode. Works fine now.

Posted via CB10
    Yes this worked for me as well. It looks to be on by default. I turned it off for a specific contact, closed bbm, reopened it, then switched it back on.
    10-23-13 11:53 PM
    Having the same problem with the official update on Telus

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:53 PM
    Solution! For those of you that can see the instant preview stuff in your bbm at least.
    1) go to contacts page in your bbm and click a certain persons name and press "hide chat preview"
    2) close bbm and reopen
    3) press "show chat preview" and then go to the persons bbm profile
    4) click details and change instant preview to off
    5) close bbm and then reopen and change instant preview back on!

Worked for me after I had tried every single thing I could think of, hope it works for you too!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:18 AM
    BB OS10.2 BBM instant preview not working..-img_00001031.png

Not working for me either I turned them all off in the display and actions part of settings and now when I go back in to turn them on this happens, I don't get anything

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001031.png 
Views:	392 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	213556

Not working for me either I turned them all off in the display and actions part of settings and now when I go back in to turn them on this happens, I don't get anything

Posted via CB10
    Here is how I fixed it. Go into BBM open a contact and touch the contact header and select the details tab. Turn instant preview off. Exit out of BBM and close it completely. Go back into BBM and repeat but this time in details turn it back on, exit and close BBM completely. Repeat for each contact..

Mike

Posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    10-24-13 12:53 AM
    FIGURED IT OUT!! only works for certain bbm contacts!
    What I found was that it worked for contacts I added after the update. Then I tried deleting and re-inviting an old contact and the previews started working for that contact too.

Kinda clumsy 'solution'

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:10 AM
    Tried all the solutions given, none work
    10-24-13 04:46 AM
    Not working here either. Tried deleting and readding contacts and other suggestions, none of which have worked for me. :/

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 05:53 AM
    Nm, just got it to work. It didn't want to activate while lock screen notifications were turned off. Turned them on and toast worked straight away.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 06:10 AM
    Lock screen notification? Where can I find the setting for that?
    A friends z10 has also problems with it. She doesn't get bbm instant previews nor Whatsapp.
    I have that just happen when bbming with her. I get all the other previews. That's awkward.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:10 AM
    Lock screen settings were in Display Settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:46 AM
    Solution! For those of you that can see the instant preview stuff in your bbm at least.
    1) go to contacts page in your bbm and click a certain persons name and press "hide chat preview"
    2) close bbm and reopen
    3) press "show chat preview" and then go to the persons bbm profile
    4) click details and change instant preview to off
    5) close bbm and then reopen and change instant preview back on!

Worked for me after I had tried every single thing I could think of, hope it works for you too!

Posted via CB10
    Where do you find "show chat preview"? I can't find that anywhere in BBM. I'm really eager to get BBM Toasts working since the only people who used to sms me now are on BBM!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:53 AM
    Guys I experienced this, but have patience they're still rolling it out..i got dark theme now on text messages, share is really awesome.maybe later I can see the toast notification..relax!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:20 AM
    LOL none of these solutions have worked for me, and neither does my BBM gives me the option for a dark theme.
    Dont know why my BBM wont change from light to dark, otherwise all my other apps that can use the dark theme work perfectly fine.
    d2bros likes this.
    10-24-13 09:06 AM
    LOL none of these solutions have worked for me, and neither does my BBM gives me the option for a dark theme.
    Dont know why my BBM wont change from light to dark, otherwise all my other apps that can use the dark theme work perfectly fine.
    Is everyone making sure once they turn the setting off in BBM they exit then go back in and turn it on, exit and go back in? Also make sure it's turned off in notifications, exit then go back in and turn on, exit to make sure it took.

Do the same for light / dark themes, turn to light, exit, go back in, turn to dark, exit then back in.

Mike

10-24-13 09:16 AM
    Is everyone making sure once they turn the setting off in BBM they exit then go back in and turn it on, exit and go back in? Also make sure it's turned off in notifications, exit then go back in and turn on, exit to make sure it took.

Do the same for light / dark themes, turn to light, exit, go back in, turn to dark, exit then back in.

Mike

Right in my BBM i DO NOT have the option to change from dark to light, there is no option. Ive gone through all my settings and made sure everything that is meant to be turned on is turned on.

I get instant previews for everything else except for BBM. I had this same damn issue when i loaded a 10.2 leak i ended up going back to 10.1, everything worked other than BBM which couldnt be changed from light to dark. Maybe its the beta channels causing the issue with the theme change and previews.
    10-24-13 09:26 AM
    Same here. No BBM toast and no BBM dark themes. Running OS 10.2.0.424 and BBM Channel 10.2.20.37.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:32 AM
    Right in my BBM i DO NOT have the option to change from dark to light, there is no option. Ive gone through all my settings and made sure everything that is meant to be turned on is turned on.

I get instant previews for everything else except for BBM. I had this same damn issue when i loaded a 10.2 leak i ended up going back to 10.1, everything worked other than BBM which couldnt be changed from light to dark. Maybe its the beta channels causing the issue with the theme change and previews.
    Aaaaah yes, there is your answer for the dark theme in BBM. Having channels beta does not give option for dark theme in BBM

The only thing I can suggest is wrong for the Instant Previews in BBM is that you have to make sure it's turned on in notifications for BBM as well as turn it off for each contact in BBM, exit BBM and then go back in and turn it on for each contact and exit BBM. Should work after that.

10-24-13 09:34 AM
    Aaaaah yes, there is your answer for the dark theme in BBM. Having channels beta does not give option for dark theme in BBM

The only thing I can suggest is wrong for the Instant Previews in BBM is that you have to make sure it's turned on in notifications for BBM as well as turn it off for each contact in BBM, exit BBM and then go back in and turn it on for each contact and exit BBM. Should work after that.

Well as much as i hate to say this, Blackberry are a bunch of freaking *******..why give the option for dark theme if it wont work for BBM channels beta??. Surely they cant be that stupid, actually they are by the looks of it seeing as they have ran this company into the ground.

Anyhow the only way to get the dark theme to work is to delete it i guess...utter stupidity on Blackberry's part.

As for the BBM instant previews??, they are enabled in notifications but when going through my contacts on bbm i dont get any options to turn instant previews on or off.

EDIT: Ok instant previews are now working lol, must have been a restart that fixed the issue.

Now to figure out a way of getting BBM to go dark with the channels. Is there an official version of BBM channels??
    10-24-13 09:42 AM
92 1234