Was hoping for a return to dark bbm myself too. I honestly didn't even entertain the idea that I wouldn't be able to uninstall a piece of beta software if it didn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:46 AM
    Was hoping for a return to dark bbm myself too. I honestly didn't even entertain the idea that I wouldn't be able to uninstall a piece of beta software if it didn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    Must be a way of deleting the BBM channels though. Its unbelievable that since BBM channels launched they havent made it official. Not only that what is more ridiculous is that they obviously didnt test BBM channels with the dark theme because they surely would have seen that it doesnt play ball.
    10-24-13 08:48 AM
    WOW! Channels is beta! That means there are bugs and features that won't be available until the full release. Not to mention that channels advertised that it removes the ability for dark themes in BBM in any of the posts I've seen. Just because YOU don't bother to read carefully doesn't make BlackBerry STUPID! Why be in beta testing If you're going to complain about bugs?

Posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    just_luc likes this.
    10-24-13 09:04 AM
    Isn't complaining about bugs the whole point of beta testing?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:16 AM
    WOW! Channels is beta! That means there are bugs and features that won't be available until the full release. Not to mention that channels advertised that it removes the ability for dark themes in BBM in any of the posts I've seen. Just because YOU don't bother to read carefully doesn't make BlackBerry STUPID! Why be in beta testing If you're going to complain about bugs?

It IS stupid of them, they havent updated channels since Sept 16th 2013, if there are bugs then surely they would put a newer beta version. I havent had any bugs since running channels when it first went into beta, makes me think why are they taking so long to make it an official release. As for knowing about channels not working with the dark theme, sorry i dont have alot of time to come in here and read every single thread...i do have a very busy/hectic life outside of crackberry.

As it is, this is a huge bug with channels, ive sent them some feedback telling them so and hopefully they will get their fingers out of their asses and do something about it.

As i said its this stupidity from Blackberry that have got them in the position they are now in, no market share, being bought out etc etc.
    10-24-13 09:21 AM
    Isn't complaining about bugs the whole point of beta testing?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely not! The point of beta testing is to REPORT bug, not complain in ban open forum! Why not message BlackBerry and COMPLAIN. About how stupid they are, see how long you blast in the beta program.

10-24-13 09:22 AM
    Instand previews not working is solved for me and my friends thanks to the other thread. Yes baby
    And Whatsapp too with ne new update.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:24 AM
    Identifying bugs is the point. Calling blackberry a bunch of ****** is useless whining. The sense of entitlement on this site is sometimes unbelievable.

And yes, you can delete BBM channels. Just find a bar for an older / different version and install it.

Sent from Z10; Channel Pin C0001A853
    10-24-13 09:27 AM
    Um, I didn't call anyone stupid. Calm down.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the help, but is there an official source I could get that Bar file from, or would I have to trust a third-party?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:35 AM
    Absolutely not! The point of beta testing is to REPORT bug, not complain in ban open forum! Why not message BlackBerry and COMPLAIN. About how stupid they are, see how long you blast in the beta program.

Dont worry i have done so and along with Michael Clewley, told them its stupid and ********. Highly doubt ill be thrown off the beta program LMAO

Identifying bugs is the point. Calling blackberry a bunch of ****** is useless whining. The sense of entitlement on this site is sometimes unbelievable.

And yes, you can delete BBM channels. Just find a bar for an older / different version and install it.

Sent from Z10; Channel Pin C0001A853
    No sense of entitlement, so get off your high horse. If we dont complain then how in gods name is Blackberry ever going to improve??. Seriously some of you fanboi's make me laugh, 10.2 is an excellent update i like it although i had a few issues which have been resolved but regardless there are issues and they need to be fixed. Hopefully Blackberry will fix these issues asap.

Fact is channels has been in beta for quiet some time, since sept 2013 there hasnt been an update so leads me to believe that there are no bugs and they should release it officially. Hopefully they soon will because now that BBM has gone cross platform, they need to up their game and put these new features in.
    10-24-13 09:36 AM
    In the hub choose settings, then displays and actions.

Choose instant preview settings.

Go to bbm, bbm group and bbm video and shut off. Then, exit out.

Repeat the same thing but turn it back on.

My toasts instantly began to pop up.
    You sir are a god amongst men ; it worked!
    10-24-13 09:43 AM
    I tried everything mentioned and a few more of my own last night, nothing worked. She's at work today and just messaged me telling me it randomly started working.. *shurg*

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:12 PM
    Mine does not work for BBM. Maybe it has to do with beta zone BBM and BBM channels?
    10-24-13 02:26 PM
    Mine does not work for BBM. Maybe it has to do with beta zone BBM and BBM channels?
    Got mine working by setting to off "suppress instant preview" in display settings
    10-24-13 02:30 PM
    Got mine working by setting to off "suppress instant preview" in display settings
    I tried that too, although that setting is for preventing the previews from appearing when connected to and mirroring through HDMI/miracast.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 04:33 PM
    It works for some bbm contacts and not others...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 06:55 PM
    My girlfriend is in the same boat, no instant previews for BBM. Works for Text and Facebook but not BBM. Tried all the fixes and no joy. Rogers. Never had a Leaked version. Does have BBM channels installed. No show instant preview options in BBM for any contacts
    10-24-13 08:00 PM
    Alright... I think I found a solution for us that had Channels during the update, and are experiencing the 'only some' contacts work symptoms.

Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/solution-bbm-toast-issue-864677/index2.html#post9405386

In particular:

Alright! I tried it and it does indeed work!

So, if you had Channels BBM installed during the upgrade to 10.2 and the actionable notifications are not working despite every possible setting, then just do the following:

Step 1) Download normal BBM sys.bbm-10.2.0.53.bar
    Step 2) Sideload it onto your BB10 device (I just drag and dropped it in using Sachesi)
    Step 3) Open BBM on device, let it set up (Note that you will lose your conversations!)
    Step 4) Follow the OP's "Step 3" to toggle each BBM contact's preview setting 'off' and then back 'on'
    Step 5) Re-install Channels from Beta Zone if you want it back. All the preview settings for existing contacts will stay as you left them ('on'), and any new contacts will default to 'on'.

Good luck!
    ital1 likes this.
    10-24-13 08:05 PM
    Hi there I'm having the same problem, bbm won't work with instant preview. I have also checked all settings
    10-27-13 09:27 AM
    This is what I get when I try to set up BBM toast notifications under BBM in the notifications tab. I'm guessing as a lot of people on here are that it is because I'm using channels. Any word on whether BlackBerry is working on a solution?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:27 AM
    Hello, i receive instant previews, but i cant REPLAY straight in preview. any ideas?
    official update 10.2.0.424
    10-28-13 10:09 AM
    Hello, i receive instant previews, but i cant REPLAY straight in preview. any ideas?
    official update 10.2.0.424
    Yep I was able to reply a few days ago. But now I can't seem to reply whether it's a bbm, text or WhatsApp message.

Have tried restarting but to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:50 PM
    You have to tap right on the arrow in the preview to open up the input box underneath the preview.

Posted via my Z10
    10-28-13 03:01 PM
    hey everyone,
    On my wife's Z10, i updated it to OS10.2 Telus release and for some reason BBM instant previews not working. I checked all the settings under the Notification profile and Instant preview is turned ON every where.

I tried to reboot the phone twice.

anything you guys suggest?

Thanks
    OK, so i was having the exact same problem, I was running the official BlackBerry 10.2 with BBM channels and i thought that the BBM beta was causing the problem. The way I fixed it was that I pulled the battery out, as well as the sim card and SD card, and left it for about 20 to 30 minutes. Once I put everything back in it started to work again. Did that a week ago and no problems from now on. Hope this helps!!!
    10-28-13 03:21 PM
92 1234