when will BB OS10 stop working on BB 10 devices?
    04-19-18 03:19 PM
    Supporting BB10 and BBOS Customers and Rewarding Your Loyalty | Inside BlackBerry

While we are pleased to announce continuing support for BB10 and BBOS users for at least another two years [December 2019], current device owners should be aware that we will be closing some ancillary services such as the BlackBerry World app store (12/31/2019), the BlackBerry Travel site (February 2018), and the Playbook video calling service (March 2018). Customers who upgrade to a new KeyOne or Motion won’t miss a beat as they’ll have immediate access to the rich universe of apps in the Google Play store without compromising on either security or their desire for a physical keyboard.
    Whether or not BB stops something fundamental to operation of BB10 devices come 2020, we don't know, but since the answer isn't a categorical "yes it will keep working", consider developing an exit strategy if you're still on it.
    04-19-18 03:24 PM
    but how can they deactivate the OS while they don't have physical access to our phones?
    04-19-18 03:43 PM
    what's playbook video calling anyway?
    04-19-18 03:44 PM
    but how can they deactivate the OS while they don't have physical access to our phones?
    Not saying that they will, but if they shut down the NOC - no more BBM.

If they shut down BBID - no more Protect, or the ability to do a security wipe or load an OS on your device.
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-19-18 04:20 PM
    I think it's more a matter that a service outside of BB's control could change and BB10 would not be able to adapt and you would lose functionality.

A good example is with the browser. The browser has not been updated to deal with developments in web site coding and tools and so there are some things that don't work anymore with the browser. Banking sites - some are using new security / validation functions that the old browser just can't handle.

Again - it is foolish to not plan to migrate to a different platform by early 2020. Otherwise you may wind up with a non-functioning phone and no way to recover.
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-19-18 04:55 PM
    I think it's more a matter that a service outside of BB's control could change and BB10 would not be able to adapt and you would lose functionality.

A good example is with the browser. The browser has not been updated to deal with developments in web site coding and tools and so there are some things that don't work anymore with the browser. Banking sites - some are using new security / validation functions that the old browser just can't handle.

Again - it is foolish to not plan to migrate to a different platform by early 2020. Otherwise you may wind up with a non-functioning phone and no way to recover.
    Other than that, Will i be able to use my bb on daily basis such as making calls, texting and sending emails ??
    04-19-18 05:54 PM
    Other than that, Will i be able to use my bb on daily basis such as making calls, texting and sending emails ??
    It would seem likely.
    04-19-18 06:05 PM
    Are we ever going to see a great OS like BB10? Android, ios are OK but not great.

Posted via CB10
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-19-18 06:23 PM
    Are we ever going to see a great OS like BB10? Android, ios are OK but not great.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure!
    04-19-18 06:55 PM
    Not saying that they will, but if they shut down the NOC - no more BBM.

If they shut down BBID - no more Protect, or the ability to do a security wipe or load an OS on your device.
    It's ok then, i already have an Android device and i ordered one BB Classic online yesterday. Im going to use it to access my bank acc on it with apk app. BB os 10 is motr secured than android. 😃 Will keep using this way untile 2020 then i will use it for daily basis and access 😃.
    04-19-18 06:59 PM
    does any body think/know whether BB sotres will provide repair software/ hardware and replacing batteries of BB 10 devices from today untile 2020??
    04-19-18 07:00 PM
    I would imagine so.
    does any body think/know whether BB sotres will provide repair software/ hardware and replacing batteries of BB 10 devices from today untile 2020??
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-19-18 08:36 PM
    really hope so.
    04-19-18 09:32 PM
    It's ok then, i already have an Android device and i ordered one BB Classic online yesterday. Im going to use it to access my bank acc on it with apk app. BB os 10 is motr secured than android. Will keep using this way untile 2020 then i will use it for daily basis and access .
    Not really sure about the more secure part. Many institutions have moved past ART 4.3 minimum standard for security reasons. I've seen this reported here with many of the North American institutions. Can't speak for the other five continents but I'm sure global agreements do require some minimum standards in regards to upgrading.
    04-20-18 11:49 AM
    Not really sure about the more secure part. Many institutions have moved past ART 4.3 minimum standard for security reasons. I've seen this reported here with many of the North American institutions. Can't speak for the other five continents but I'm sure global agreements do require some minimum standards in regards to upgrading.
    Yes, most institutions have upgraded their minimum requirement for apps to Android 4.4 KitKat. It has security features that prior versions don't have.
    Last edited by conite; 04-20-18 at 01:35 PM.
    04-20-18 12:45 PM
    Im going to use it to access my bank acc on it with apk app. BB os 10 is motr secured than android. ������
    Not necessarily. Unless you received the recent OS update OTA or used an autoloader, your device is still open to the KRACK vulnerability over WiFi.
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-20-18 01:32 PM
    what's playbook video calling anyway?
    The PlayBook tablet had the ability to make video calls or voice calls over the BBM infrastructure. Each PlayBook has a unique pin like BlackBerry handsets, but no native BBM as such.
    04-20-18 03:55 PM
    When Palm/HP stoped support, first email didn't work anymore and also webbrowsing ... then I switched to a Galaxy Note 3, hadn't know Blackberry yet, or not OS 10...
    if texting and calling and perhaps with one of the 3rd party browsers like browsy or evolution can be made working and secure Blackberry 10 could live on even further...
    04-20-18 04:05 PM
    When Palm/HP stoped support, first email didn't work anymore and also webbrowsing ... then I switched to a Galaxy Note 3, hadn't know Blackberry yet, or not OS 10...
    if texting and calling and perhaps with one of the 3rd party browsers like browsy or evolution can be made working and secure Blackberry 10 could live on even further...
    I've used my Pre 3 and Touchpad for more than 2 years after HP stopped support and email and web browsing always worked. Also, I've booted up my HP Pre 3 and Touchpad a few times in the last few months and email and web browsing still worked.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    04-20-18 04:43 PM
    yes it will keep working just for call and text only ..maybe and i hope that bbm gonna work too
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-20-18 06:01 PM
    Not necessarily. Unless you received the recent OS update OTA or used an autoloader, your device is still open to the KRACK vulnerability over WiFi.
    What's the last software version for BB Classic that fixes Krack issue?
    04-20-18 07:03 PM
    Over wifi only? Or it can be hacked/hijacked over network connection as well??
    04-20-18 07:04 PM
    Over wifi only? Or it can be hacked/hijacked over network connection as well??
    It was a wi-fi network vulnerability. If you're asking about cellular data network, no - that wasn't affected.
    lilevo93 likes this.
    04-20-18 07:23 PM
    if the latest update doesn't show up via OTA, can i download via BB link? or should i use a different program?
    04-20-18 07:29 PM
47 12