I am excited as everyone here but love to hear from the leaked 10.3 users what are the key changes or new features 10.3.1 has?
    02-06-15 06:44 AM
    Much better android runtime and nicer ui

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:47 AM
    Thanks.malso I know Blend is coming with it. But there must be some gadgets added?
    02-06-15 07:16 AM
    If you check the leaked os section you will find many threads devoted to this subject already.
    Here is one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=994788

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:20 AM
    Battery improvement
    Visual changes
    Performance improvements
    Better android emulation
    Matty and mithrazor like this.
    02-06-15 07:26 AM
    Battery improvement
    Visual changes
    Performance improvements
    Better android emulation
    Pretty much sums it up.

Visual changes:

- App Icons Flatter + Smaller
    - Boxes removed from Apps
    - "Home Page" with no apps
    - unlimited Apps in a folder
    - Primary + 2 secondary action buttons
    - Quick settings refined (thinner bars)
    - boot screen UI tweaked (thinner lines) some devices display what they are Eg. "Classic"
    - File manager UI updated and refined.

Much much more. And this is just the visual changes.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    02-06-15 08:02 AM
    Big changes in the notification system too. Including the ability to set different colors for the LED (without the need for an app), and set custom volume levels for sounds per notification type, account or even contact.

Now I can keep my email sounds pretty low, but have the phone and SMS much louder.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:31 AM
    how about vibration level, can we change it on 10.3?

Posted via Q10
    02-06-15 08:36 AM
    how about vibration level, can we change it on 10.3?

Posted via Q10
    No.

Can that be done on any other phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:14 AM
    A big thank you team!
    02-06-15 09:20 AM
    I guess I chose wrong words to describe myself. On 10.2 the vibration is just so much that I keep it closed. Under sound(settings>notifications) there is a slider to volume up/down. Just like that, I think there should be one for the vibration as well.
    02-06-15 09:28 AM
    Also
    - no adobe AIR
    - no flash

the good are also
    - improved camera
    - BlackBerry Assistant
    - Improved browser

There are thousands of small changes, not gonna even start on them
    02-06-15 09:29 AM
    10.3 sucks. You shouldn't upgrade from 10.2 ever!!!
    - Said no one

Posted via CB10
    retomex likes this.
    02-06-15 09:32 AM
    There is an entire thread crying about the cosmetic changes to the calendar. I do understand though. After all, I never updated my 4S past 6.1.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:35 AM
    The calendar high level view is much worse in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 10:45 AM
    Ten steps backwards with the calendar; anyone who thinks the changes are merely cosmetic is not a power user.

The rest is all positive, and a lot of very hidden but great features have been added, like remote search on IMAP accounts.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    muindor likes this.
    02-06-15 11:28 AM
    Ten steps backwards with the calendar; anyone who thinks the changes are merely cosmetic is not a power user.
    THIS!!! A good calendar is essential for efficient work.

02-06-15 05:05 PM

The rest is all positive, and a lot of very hidden but great features have been added, like remote search on IMAP accounts.

I agree on the calendar point but if I'm not mistaken you could always do remote search on 10.2 on IMAP accounts.

via ZED10
    02-06-15 06:05 PM
    No.

Can that be done on any other phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can do that with Android in the Sound settings.
    02-06-15 06:27 PM
    I agree on the calendar point but if I'm not mistaken you could always do remote search on 10.2 on IMAP accounts.

via ZED10
    It wasn't available for my Yahoo and Gmail accounts on my Z10 running 10.2.1, but worked great for an EAS account and Hotmail (which used EAS). I didn't really miss it because I store my IMAP messages for 90 days.

02-06-15 07:01 PM
    Really? Come on, everything Just work as it should be from the first version. JUST works. Anyway i love my Z10 even more now, this build is more stable than the oficial.
    My build is
    From autoloader

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:04 AM
    I bought my first BB phone because my Android would only send max of 10 in a group text... So I bought one for cash, a Passport, with 10.2... the latest I heard from BB, could send unlimited number of texts in a group I was told... Bye Bye Note 2 Samsung... So... the transition was sad, I enjoyed the user friendly speedy Android features, and I miss the hell out of Swype... can it be installed on a Passport? BUT, my MAJOR beef is that since the upgrade from 10.2 which came with the phone to the offered 10.3 just a couple weeks ago, my Pissport now takes about 4 bloody minutes to send out a group text to just under a hundred people. I help people sell work as transit operators, and my time at stops is limited, so if three people are selling work, that is 12 minutes waiting... up to 4 minutes for each fwd text? OMG.... it seemed much faster with the older version... or virgin..... I am so sad. Can anyone help me speed this up? I might try an I phone next... This sucks and was an expensive clumsy toy... and I hate the square screen, love my Note 2 could see videos and photos much larger and better than this... yikes... what did I do? I am suffering... I bought an expensive huge micro sd card, is there any way to store messages on there instead of the phones memory because I cant find it... I dont use BBM... just the standard come with BB Hub and text messages... Help! And I do not enable group messaging, that is, each person on the list able to text each other...
    02-07-15 11:24 AM
    Camera has terrible focusing on every 10.3.0 + OS, it's a known issue. But it's nice to have panorama and take pics during videos. HUGE Bug when in landscape mode it doesn't rotate landscape pictures/videos into portrait mode.

Browser is slower and bad caching. I have no idea why but 10.2.1 browser was much faster than it is now. Also a wide known issue.

Android runtime is better (you can also load play store using cobalts way)

UI is better except for the calendar
    BB OS 10.2 VS 10.3- Major differences?-ateqnf1fs72lik08dk80_calendar-1-.png
    Left to right calendars (iOS8, Android 5.0, 10.2.1, 10.3.1)

BlackBerry Assistant is better but not very useful much like Siri. I have Cortana on my Win10 computer and it's actually an assistant. It's always listening so if i'm in the middle of a paper i can say "Cortana remind me in 2 days to have my paper finished" without taking my hands off the keyboard. It has OS X spotlight type features like dictionary and calculator so i don't need to leave the page anymore.

Bottom action bar within apps got a nice UI update

Blend is nice, I bounce back and forth between that and Airdroid 3.0. Only reason for that is because Airdroid doesn't have BBM and I use BBM constantly. If you don't use BBM, Airdroid is better since it's been out for a few years longer so more polish.

No apps have been updated which is disappointing. It's more of a cosmetic update than anything sadly. Not sure why it took over a year to bring it out but that is beyond me.

copy and paste tool bar is all over the screen. Not consistent at all.

Keyboard speed seems faster on 10.2.1, I actually never noticed until i used my friends phone on 10.2.1 then didn't believe it so i tried it on my brothers. I've been on 10.3.0 + since june so I guess i just was use to it.

BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Official Feature List Leaks Ahead of Release - Softpedia
    http://crackberry.com/quick-look-som...lackberry-1031
    Last edited by khehl; 02-07-15 at 03:48 PM.
    02-07-15 02:52 PM
    Khehl I'm not sure what the point of comparing calendars was, but even 10.3 calendar is still better than Android or iOS. When you click on a day it shows you what's on that day, which is a must have!

Also you could add which os you are running, because some leaks have been quite horribly slow at times. I always compare my two devices (running 10.2.1 and 10.3.1) and latest leaks finally became faster than 10.2.1 in some areas.
    02-07-15 04:29 PM
    Khehl I'm not sure what the point of comparing calendars was, but even 10.3 calendar is still better than Android or iOS. When you click on a day it shows you what's on that day, which is a must have!

Also you could add which os you are running, because some leaks have been quite horribly slow at times. I always compare my two devices (running 10.2.1 and 10.3.1) and latest leaks finally became faster than 10.2.1 in some areas.
    I just said keyboard was slower but I didn't notice until I used my friends. I also update my OS the day of or before the leaks so I've always been on the latest since 10.0 leaks.

I showed the calendars to show how cluttered the UI was on the month view that is very hated. Overall, the OS UI was a good change, the calendar month view was a terrible change. I said nothing about calendar functionality.

Mixing my words I see that's ok, it happens.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:47 PM
34 12