I have recently (about 3 months) switched to the Z10. I love the BB10 experience, it is great and I think a very powerful OS. I do have some frustrations though. I did come from an Iphone where everything seemed to "just work". Which is huge in today's market if you want to gain market share. I love the Remote File Access on BB10, just wish it would work consistently. That is where I'm finding BB falling behind. They just don't have that "just works" performance. The RFA worked before I upgraded to the latest BB link for Mac and now it doesn't work no matter what I try (and I have searched the forums and created my own thread for help). BB will continue to faultier if they can't get their act together and have their software work consistently especially after upgrades. It's really disappointing and no excuse for it.... Would love to see them succeed and excel because I think the potential of BB10 is huge!!
    Just my 2c's...
    08-22-13 11:36 AM
    I agree BB10 needs work, AND they are doing it. You can check out our Leak/Beta OS sub forum for a peak at what's ahead...

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Did you have an original iphone, that is an iphone prior to the 3G? It was FAR from the "just works" device that later iphone have become. Just saying.
    08-22-13 11:52 AM
    I agree BB10 needs work, AND they are doing it. You can check out our Leak/Beta OS sub forum for a peak at what's ahead...

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Did you have an original iphone, that is an iphone prior to the 3G? It was FAR from the "just works" device that later iphone have become. Just saying.
    I had a 3g iphone and a 4g... they both "just worked" but I do realize that any company has some issues... Apple is not perfect and do know people that have had nothing but issues... but there aren't that many...

will check the forums you linked... don't think I can load on any leaked versions though since I'm running a Mac.... from what I have read it can only be done via a PC....?
    08-22-13 11:59 AM
    The software definitely needs work, but if the leaks are any indication, 10.2 is a huge step in the right direction. I got a Q5 today, and the 10.1 (pre-MR) it ships with is almost painful to use after running 10.2 on my Z10 for the last few weeks.
    08-22-13 12:10 PM
    reallly...? Hope they come out with the 10.2 asap then...
    One thing that I don't like about the hub is that when you reply to a message from it and then go back to doing something in a specific app and then want to go back to the hub to reply to another incoming message it takes you to the last spot you left instead of going back to the main hub area... I think it would be better if when you swipe to go to the hub, it always takes you to the main hub and not the last thing that you did from it. Would make it a little faster to use, but who knows... I'm just one small fish and maybe it's not something most people find to be frustrating. Also would be nice if you could just reply to messages right from the lock screen. Maybe hold which ever icon ie BBM, email etc for a few seconds and then it takes you right to that message without having to unlock, swipe into the hub and then tap the specific message..
    08-22-13 12:22 PM
    For the millionth time, SO WHAT? BB10 isn't fighting for its life against iPhone 3G's in the real world today. It is completely irrelevant if iPhone 3G's has problems. They have been fixed, and these problems exist in the past. BB10 and all its problems are NOW.
    08-22-13 01:18 PM
    For the millionth time, SO WHAT? BB10 isn't fighting for its life against iPhone 3G's in the real world today. It is completely irrelevant if iPhone 3G's has problems. They have been fixed, and these problems exist in the past. BB10 and all its problems are NOW.
    My point was that the BB10 software is brand new first gen software, and that it WILL get better just like the iOS software did. That's all I'm saying.
    08-22-13 10:25 PM
    iPhones work. True because it has been worked on for a very long time. Much longer than BB10 (which is nothing like PBOS if you're going to go there) and it still has on the rare occasion some glitches. It happens with software. BB10 is a really good OS and getting streamlined very quickly. I'm not saying it's perfect but it is a great OS. It's unique and highly functional. There are many other factors that are problems for BlackBerry currently. Like trying to win over customers who need more apps and app developers who need more customers to make it viable in their eyes. Or the problems with Link (especially on Macs) like the OPs issue. I don't feel the OS is really an issue. I don't know what your MO is but man you got to calm down. I think we get your point already.

Edit: I almost forgot why I clicked this thread. There is no such thing as flawless software. Ok there is but it takes time to develop good software. Link is in dire need of some overtime and we all know that.
    08-23-13 12:16 AM
    Flawless? That would be nice. It certainly hasn't hurt the top 2 os's though. One you can't really lock and the other is far from "flawless"... I wouldn't be too concerned about a few hiccups along the way. As long as it works well, they have time to polish it up
    08-23-13 12:18 AM