What do you think or hope will be announced for BlackBerry 10 at BlackBerry Live? BB10 for PlayBook? Bridge update? The R10 series? Headless Apps API?

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 02:31 PM
    All yes
    04-27-13 03:05 PM
    BB10 for playbook is a huge hope fore but not for the masses. We can expect loads of apps. Upcoming update beyond 10.1 with Android 4

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:12 PM
    For certain there will be more concrete plans laid out for bb's car computing strategy. I'm looking forward to that.

There will be I'm sure mention of 10.1 and the q10 for usa...

There will surely be app announcements such as Skype.

The R10 will probably be the big hardware reveal...arriving late summer for the masses.

I'm hoping for concrete Info on when to expect bb10 for playbook. I'm also hoping for a tease of the new superphone aristo, and hopefully some kind of tablet announcement. Timetable for jelly bean upgrade would be awesome as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:11 PM
    The R is in no way a big hardware reveal.
    Aristo all the way, baby!
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    The R is in no way a big hardware reveal.
    Aristo all the way, baby!
    The R10 should be called the F10 because it is f'ugly. And no removable battery?! Come on BlackBerry should strive to be different from the rest. Removable battery shouldn't be considered a high end feature...it isn't a feature at all...it is called sanity.

~STV
    05-05-13 11:30 PM
    This makes me sad, first time in a couple years I'm not going to BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:06 PM
    I hope we'll be seeing this vision of "mobile computing platform" coming to fruition. I suspect that the R10 will be only a small part of a much larger portfolio of announcements.

I also hope we get some insight into the next major update to BlackBerry 10, which I assume would be BlackBerry 11, along with a demonstration. As long as BB11 would be released to all devices running BB10 currently, I don't see any issues in announcing a new OS now.
    05-06-13 07:24 PM
    I also hope we get some insight into the next major update to BlackBerry 10, which I assume would be BlackBerry 11, along with a demonstration. As long as BB11 would be released to all devices running BB10 currently, I don't see any issues in announcing a new OS now.
    ^+1

BlackBerry can't afford to screw early adopters especially NOT now.

There is no room for "Just buy BB11 it will be what you wanted the Z10 to be."

They have to get Z10 to be a 10/10 before moving on.

Which to me means three things primarily...

1) Restore full functionality left out from OS 7.1 such as device analyzer, various options here and there, notifications

2) Universal landscape support including home screens (Probably should come around PlayBook 10 upgrade)

3) Interactive frames with pinning option

No one with a Z10 or Q10 should have to buy anything to get the above functionality. It should be on its way as an update.

~STV
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-06-13 07:45 PM
    ^+1

BlackBerry can't afford to screw early adopters especially NOT now.

There is no room for "Just buy BB11 it will be what you wanted the Z10 to be."

They have to get Z10 to be a 10/10 before moving on.

Which to me means three things primarily...

1) Restore full functionality left out from OS 7.1 such as device analyzer, various options here and there, notifications

2) Universal landscape support including home screens (Probably should come around PlayBook 10 upgrade)

3) Interactive frames with pinning option

No one with a Z10 or Q10 should have to buy anything to get the above functionality. It should be on its way as an update.

~STV
    Yep! We all love software updates, but we can't ignore the fact that early adopters have been burned before (like OS6 devices being unable to update to OS7). BlackBerry needs to show its customers that their faith in the platform and company wasn't misplaced or misguided and that BB10 will be an OS that will grow (quite substantially) in the coming updates.
    05-06-13 07:50 PM