Pace used to be 2-wire, if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, still well clear over my head, lol. Shamefully, most of my router knowledge doesn't extend very far from linksys/cisco, D-Link, or Netgear.

Still not working. No firewalls, no new Link, same wifi network I've been using for months. When I startup computer, I get this, but can never access my PC from phone:

Attachment 204985

Posted via CB10
    That's telling you that it's connecting to your phone's directories (SD card and device memory) so that you have access on your PC. If your phone isn't connected via USB, it's likely because you have wifi sharing on.

Did/do you happen to have the older BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer? Earlier threads about RFA centered around connection issues people were having because of interference from the older software. Some recommended not only uninstalling it but also deleting the registry entries, performing a full system reboot, and then reinstalling BlackBerry Link again. I'm not sure if that might help you in this case...

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-24-13 10:26 AM
    The newest update to Link broke this BADLY.

Update: Just got it working. I had to sign out EXPLICITLY on both computers, then sign back in, along with rebooting the phone. It appears there was some sort of cruft going on here but it is now working both on cell and WiFi.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 09-24-13 at 11:23 AM.
    09-24-13 11:10 AM
    The newest update to Link broke this BADLY.

Update: Just got it working. I had to sign out EXPLICITLY on both computers, then sign back in, along with rebooting the phone. It appears there was some sort of cruft going on here but it is now working both on cell and WiFi.
    Oddly enough the new Link update improved RFA functionality for me. Where as before it was basically a crapshoot as to whether it'd connect or not, now I'm getting full functionality between 75-80% of the time. Not perfect but definitely improved.

Now I need BlackBerry to improve their codec support... (SN: has anybody used Kalemsoft's media player with RFA before?)

LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-24-13 11:36 AM
    If you have 10.2 on your phone then make sure you have the beta version on link 1.2 or something

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:37 AM
    If you have 10.2 on your phone then make sure you have the beta version on link 1.2 or something

Posted via CB10
    Beta version?

09-24-13 11:52 AM
    Sorry, 1000% incorrect. RFA is governed by the BlackBerry tunnel service. Makes no difference if link is open or not.

What is described in the op is typical behavior. I have been working with BlackBerry for weeks in beta zone with countless logs sent to them.

What os and link version are we talking about here? Directed to the original poster.

BTW, you are not alone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually it doesn?t.

With the present state at BlackBerry, this may not get resolved soon. Shame, as this feature is awesome, and a true differentiator.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Link does not have to be open, but the services need to be running in the background, i.e., peer manager etc... I have rfa to three servers and none has Link open, but they are obviously signed in the blackberry id.

Edit: I am on the latest BB Link and it has greatly improved reliability for me.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-24-13 12:00 PM
    I don't have new Link. And I don't have BlackBerry Desktop installed. And I don't have 10.2 on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:03 PM
    So how do I "log out" on the phone to retry it? I've turned Link off and on on the phone to no avail. Link is syncing my pictures and can connect, but no file sharing.

Seriously WTF is going on???

BB Link Remote Access Not Working-capture.jpg
    09-24-13 12:46 PM
    Disassociated it in Link and then reassociated it Link. Fixed the problem.
    09-24-13 12:50 PM
    My experience has been that disabling and re enabling Link on the phone makes it work again.

I spend time in some low signal areas, I suspect that is part of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant, that worked for me
    09-24-13 01:25 PM
    After messing around with it, I'm back where I started with the updated link. Works on wi-fi. Doesn't work with Verizon cellular netowrk on.

Sigh...
    09-24-13 07:31 PM
    Beta version?

sorry official release only for windows BlackBerry Link v1.2.0.28 (Windows OS)
    09-24-13 11:36 PM
    Today, I had that problem with the 1721 leak. I was away from home on my carrier network. I accessed the File Manager and saw my main home PC listed. It was listed as not "(OFFLINE)" so I tried accessing it to see my shares... the wait cursor spins for a bit then nothing is listed.

I reboot my device and try again and it works.

Now I can download my new Cher album to my Z10 from my iTunes library on my NAS. Shame that I had to reboot to do it though... please, BB10 development team: get these silly stability issues worked out.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-28-13 at 10:21 AM.
    09-28-13 10:02 AM
    Why anyone would install a Link leak is beyond me. The official software is bad enough!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:26 AM
39 12