With BB Link running and using wifi, I can consistently and easily connect through Z10 FileManager to my laptop running Windows 7 Pro - but only if I'm in the same LAN.

I cannot connect any other way. Not by wifi if on another LAN (i.e. over the internet) and not at all by cellular. I have read all the forums and searched the internet. I have turned off Windows Firewall and disable antivirus. Nothing works. I can only connect when on the same LAN and only using wifi.

Can anyone help?
    shivaji likes this.
    09-22-13 10:23 PM
    First if all, BlackBerry Link MUST be open for this to work. Second you have to go into the setting on your phone and find BlackBerry Link and enable allow Link and allow mobile access.
    BB Link Remote Access Not Working-img_00000462.png
    BB Link Remote Access Not Working-img_00000461.png

I would turn in your firewall and a again

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:48 PM
    Thank you for replying but I have done all of this.
    09-22-13 11:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to have BlackBerry Link actually open for it to work, just configured properly ahead of time. OP, the real question is what device and carrier are you using? If it's a Verizon Z10STL100-4 then you may not ever achieve this feat (it's hit and miss for me) as the CDMA technology limits the functionality of RFA over the mobile radio. It should, theoretically still work over wifi-only though.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    shimh likes this.
    09-22-13 11:08 PM
    Thanks for responding. I'm in Dubai, United Arab Emirates - telco is etisalat.
    09-22-13 11:14 PM
    First if all, BlackBerry Link MUST be open for this to work.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, 1000% incorrect. RFA is governed by the BlackBerry tunnel service. Makes no difference if link is open or not.

What is described in the op is typical behavior. I have been working with BlackBerry for weeks in beta zone with countless logs sent to them.

What os and link version are we talking about here? Directed to the original poster.

BTW, you are not alone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually it doesn?t.

With the present state at BlackBerry, this may not get resolved soon. Shame, as this feature is awesome, and a true differentiator.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-22-13 11:20 PM
    I'm running the very latest of all software - in fact, waiting for official 10.2 hoping this might improve things.

I guess I will just have to let this one go. :-(
    09-22-13 11:26 PM
    OP, can you sign into your BBID on Link?

I had it working in the first release of Link, but after updating the software, I had the issue that I couldn't log in with my BBID on Link and couldn't use remote file access
    The latest update however corrected this issue and I can now sign into my BBID and use remotw file access. Don?t know if it's a coincidence or not

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:27 PM
    Yes, and I've tried signing in and out and back in and out and in again... endlessly.
    09-22-13 11:32 PM
    I'm running the very latest of all software - in fact, waiting for official 10.2 hoping this might improve things.

I guess I will just have to let this one go. :-(
    Same here, only running a later 10.2 leak as well.

10.2 hasn't helped. My gut says this issue is not the device, or link, but what is in between.

Hence the good performance on ones Wifi network.

They may get to the bottom of it, let's hope so. It is a crying shame.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:39 PM
    I had this problem only worse. It wouldn't work at all!
    What I did was upgrade to the latest Link 1.2
    Then I turned on development mode on my Z10 and connected.
    It's worked ever since.
    I'm on 10.2.0.1743
    09-22-13 11:50 PM
    My experience has been that disabling and re enabling Link on the phone makes it work again.

I spend time in some low signal areas, I suspect that is part of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:42 AM
    I'll add that I'm on Verizon and this does not work at all anymore. Used to work if I turned off the radios, but since the Link update, I get nothing, radio or no radio.
    09-23-13 04:44 PM
    I'll add that I'm on Verizon and this does not work at all anymore. Used to work if I turned off the radios, but since the Link update, I get nothing, radio or no radio.
    I'm on TMo and I see the same thing. I am not COMPLETELY prepared to blame this on the new link (yet). The last thing I want to try is to revert back to 10.2.0.1443 and see if that makes a difference.

It seems that it worked the MOST under 1443, understanding that the bar is set kind of, well, "low".

I find 1725 good, but there seems to be a little more wierdness in 1725 for me than there was on 1443. Plus, I am not a huge "black theme" fan what-so-ever, as I find that harder to read (with my old engineer-eyes). So, reverting back doesn't seem like a huge sacrifice for me.

If I revert, and it still is deader than it was under 1725, than I may conclude that the new link has something to do with it. still doesn't explain why it's bullet proof inside my Wifi network, and dies on the cell network. Like I said, I think this is an issue somewhere BETWEEN the device and the computer.

Link just sets it all up via the tunnel manager service, as it works without link being "open" on WiFi. I know my firewall is open relative to the tunnel service. All just a big question mark to me.
    09-23-13 04:57 PM
    Working sporadically for me on the new Link update and 10.2.0.1725. A bit better than with the previous Link, actually, but still not 100%. On Verizon as well.

09-23-13 07:47 PM
    @canuckvoip, @00stryder, @battleaxe78, @umbrau44

I may have discovered something.....

May I ask what, if any, firewall software any of you are using.

Any one of you using Bitdefender, by chance?
    09-23-13 09:06 PM

I am not, primarily using Windows' firewall with the free version of AVG anti virus software. Using a router from AT&T that combines digital "cable" with Internet, and I don't think it has an integrated firewall in it.

09-23-13 09:22 PM
    I am not, primarily using Windows' firewall with the free version of AVG anti virus software. Using a router from AT&T that combines digital "cable" with Internet, and I don't think it has an integrated firewall in it.

What brand router?

Also, is windows firewall anything but completely off?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:25 PM
    This has nothing to do with new Link. I didn't update and it stopped working for me in the last few days.

WTF, BlackBerry???

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:35 PM
    And I have no firewalls and am on the same wifi network I was last weekend. This is a major downer for me, as I enjoy(ed) this feature, and it was one of the only differentiators BlackBerry had left.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:37 PM
    What brand router?

Also, is windows firewall anything but completely off?

Posted via CB10
    That is a good question... I thought it was an "AT&T" brand, but that doesn't make sense lol... it's made by "Pace Americas?" Never heard of them though. And my Windows Firewall is fully activated, nothing disabled as far as I know.

09-24-13 12:16 AM
    Tried with the Windows firewall off and still nothing. There is obviously communication going on because since the update, RFA can now show a status of "offline" showing on the phone when my laptop/desktop is turned off. This is even with the radio on. So it can see that much, but cannot read any files in the shared folder anymore.

Just another good idea, poor execution by BBRY.
    09-24-13 01:40 AM

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2013 at home and Kaspersky 10 at work.

I have a 2-wire router at home and I don't know what we're using at work.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:38 AM
    That is a good question... I thought it was an "AT&T" brand, but that doesn't make sense lol... it's made by "Pace Americas?" Never heard of them though. And my Windows Firewall is fully activated, nothing disabled as far as I know.

Pace used to be 2-wire, if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:39 AM
    Still not working. No firewalls, no new Link, same wifi network I've been using for months. When I startup computer, I get this, but can never access my PC from phone:

BB Link Remote Access Not Working-img_00001100.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:26 AM
39 12