Aloha

Upon downloading it, I get messages saying it is not compatible with my software. Also the icon it downloads in my finder window, of course, has a line drawn through the icon, like a no smoking sign. I'm slightly confused here. I'll be left unable to back my phone up unless . . . . ?

Can anyone give any insight and shed some light on this? Thanks alot
    03-23-13 07:32 PM
    10.5.8 is kinda old .... lots of changes in the internal workings of OSX since then...

on 10.8.x BBLink takes good backups and restores as it should (at least on my macbook)
    and it actually works much better there than on Windows 8

if your hardware permits - why not update to 10.8.3 and be happy?
    03-23-13 10:11 PM
    I WANT TO BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I pressed check for updates and it says all is up to date or am I more stupid than I imagined?
    03-23-13 10:14 PM
    you need to upgrade to 10.6 which is snow leopard. Apple has it online for 19.99 USD. once you upgrade to snow leopard you can use bb link. no way around this. hope this helped
    Last edited by EAFD; 03-24-13 at 12:17 PM.
    03-24-13 11:26 AM
    OH!!!! I I didn't realize it was because of THAT! Geez, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for making that more clear.

So for now, will I be able to ust at least transfer my Password Protect to my new Z10 with my current BlackBerry Desktop Spoftware? Probably not . . . .
    03-24-13 08:13 PM
    OH!!!! I I didn't realize it was because of THAT! Geez, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for making that more clear.

So for now, will I be able to ust at least transfer my Password Protect to my new Z10 with my current BlackBerry Desktop Spoftware? Probably not . . . .
    By "Password Protect" - do you mean Password Keeper data?
    and from Where are you transfering it? from another Z10 - or from a BBOS7 device?

If you need to transfer from an "old" Blackberry OS7 device, you can use the built-in "switch device" (find it under Setup) - and use your SD memory card...
    After data is backed up - set the SD card into your new Z10 - and in Setup you will find the wizard to Restore the data -.... and yes - it does include Password Keeper data, notes, contacts etc... Password keeper itself you download with BB World client

Another approach (while you wait to update your MAC) - perhaps you can install Windows on your MAC (Fusion, Parallels, Boot camp etc) - and run the BB link from there?

Or - find someone with a more updated OSX - install BB Link - do the job - and delete the app :-)

03-24-13 08:54 PM
    Nail on the head. I meant Password Keeper. I had PROTECT on the brain because I don't see it doing anything like my 9810 used to show it doing.Well, my Z10 will not accept the sim card from my 9810 becaue the z10 is a smaller size sim (the associate told me that Friday)I was hoping that I could just usb my Zed and see if it would work with just selecting the Password Keeper backup. I don't think it will- so I don't mind re-typing all of it. the keyboard on the Z10 is MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be transferring it from my BlackBerry Desktop Software on my imac. Not my 9810 to my Z10. I guess manually it will be . . . . for now until I update like someone so helpfully pointed out.
    03-24-13 10:02 PM
    you need to upgrade to 10.6 which is snow leopard. Apple has it online for 19.99 USD. once you upgrade to snow leopard you can use bb link. no way around this. hope this helped
    Thx...I was stumbling with an old mac too (sh*t I hate this thing!)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:51 AM
    I need to upgrade mine too

Posted via Z10
    04-09-13 02:56 AM
    I have not upgraded mine yet.....have not backed up my new phone at all since I bought it on ATT release date. Hope to borrow the cd from a friend.
    04-10-13 11:29 PM
    DONT install 10.6

And expect it to work.
    I'm currently running 10.6.8 -This is SNOW Leopard.

it will not install.

The current Version of Link v 1.1.1.39 will not install. again, the same *No Entry!* sign across the installer symbol.
    I have played with the package contents and still couldnt get it to install.

apparently, the last version to install correctly on our version of OS X, 10.6 was 1.1.1.35
    Its like trying to find chicken teeth to find this...
    however I HAVE found a link to
    v 1.1.1.33 which DOES install, that is here.

BlackBerry Link updated to v1.1.1.35(Mac OS) - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

check out the later posts by
    josuefunes

which point to
    BlackBerry Link.dmg (85,01 MB) - uploaded.net

I have downloaded this (which takes some time! 85MB) and can confirm, that for me,
    this DOES install, and my new z10 shows up in the network connections,
    I can browse it via finder and its IP address
    and
    Link works to transfer across pics and vids (phone to mac)
    but I have not yet it to work with syncing calenders, contacts etc.

I came here looking for some answers, but thought I would save you another dissapointment

if anyone has a link to Link v1.1.1.35 or the last SNOW LEOPARD compatible version of link, please let us know.

IM new to the whole Blackberry environment, but i have to say it seems a whole lot friendlier than the Apple development environment
    , as I'm looking to develop on my platform, current OS for this Blackberry OS and device, but
    find the small print ..which doesn't exist... quite dissapointing.

ie,

download the 830+MB z10 emulator package.. just to find out that I am supposed to have to have vmware fusion installed first (another $160)
    whereas the Windows emulator just ...runs in Momentics. Luckily I have the physical device to develop on.
    but then this whole Link fiasco.

...culminating in the end result, update, NOT supporting my current OS and NO information to let you know otherwise prior to install!
    and NO previous versions available for Devs.
    Thats a poor show.

or, as I am new here, maybe I have completely missed the page with the flashing NEON signs that tell me where this stuff is, but I have just spent quite a few days looking, so If so, please feel free to enlighten me and link me up with the correct knowledge

ok , thanks for your time
    bye
    Last edited by sevendev; 11-27-13 at 09:39 AM. Reason: missing title of post
    11-27-13 09:36 AM