The Hub is great, but when it comes to calling, the "Calls" portion of the Hub could be improved so that you can access your contacts, etc directly from the Hub. In my opinion, having to exit the Hub and click the phone icon is a bit of a time-waster. The "Calls" area in the Hub is mostly useless unless you're calling a frequent contact that would show up in your recent history. Why not add a "Contact" icon to the "Calls" screen of the Hub and add all the Phone functionality directly to the Hub? The Hub is the Communications Centre of BB10, but it doesn't exactly handle phone calls very well... seems like it could/should be improved!

Thoughts?
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-19-13 08:16 AM
    you don't need to exit the hub to get access to more information associated with a caller log...just long press on the number and context sensitive menu will appear and one of them is the link to the contact app

ask and you shall be shown the way
    08-19-13 09:26 AM
    I have to agree, especially when checking the hub doesn't actually clear the notification
    08-19-13 09:27 AM
    you don't need to exit the hub to get access to more information associated with a caller log...just long press on the number and context sensitive menu will appear and one of them is the link to the contact app

ask and you shall be shown the way
    What if I want to call a contact that isn't in my call history? Then I have to exit the Hub, click the phone icon, click contacts (or just go to contacts app). To me it just seems like the "Calls" portion of the Hub could be better integrated with the actual Phone functions of the device. To make a phone call to a non-contact, I have to exit the Hub - - which is supposed to be my main "Hub" for communications. Why not have items at the bottom of the "Calls" Hub screen for "Dial Pad", "Contacts"? Would make things a bit more unified and it would all flow a lot better, in my opinion.
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-19-13 10:44 AM
    Great idea!
    08-19-13 04:14 PM
    +1

And checking a missed call in the hub should definitely clear the notification. Shouldn't have to go into the phone app each time.

Posted from my incredible Z10
    08-20-13 09:27 AM