i am on classic and off late my hub has got very slow and laggy ..... for e.g when i press reply it takes a long for the cursor to appear on the reply screen to type down my reply.is anybody else facing the issue ? plz help.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 09:23 AM
    Does this happen anywhere else (i.e., the browser)? Does this also occur after you restart your device?
    03-27-16 10:43 AM
    oh yes ..... my overall fone has become too laggy and also hangs a lot even when i have stored all the media files in media card and only some android apps and the bb apps are installed in the device memory.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 11:51 AM
    Sounds like it is time for an OS wipe and fresh install. Dare I say even BlackBerry 10 gets laggy after a while.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:03 PM
    Can you post your Device Monitor screens for CPU and Memory when this happens again?
    03-27-16 12:51 PM
    Could be one of your applications having a problem and using up your phones resources. I just had that problem with face10. Removed app and reinstalled. Everything running smoothly now.

Posted from Z30 via CB10
    03-27-16 03:10 PM
    I don't think you are supposed to keep every message you get in the hub. Maybe you need to clean it up.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:45 PM
    The hub does get full and deleting email and logs may remedy the situation. Mine even stops receiving messages once full.
    03-27-16 06:49 PM
    Can you post your Device Monitor screens for CPU and Memory when this happens again?

BB hub getting slow and laggy-img_20160328_122647.png i tried from settings but even that was taking too long so captured this screenshot from cleaner app.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 01:58 AM
    The hub does get full and deleting email and logs may remedy the situation. Mine even stops receiving messages once full.
    i keep deleting and emptying my hub

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 01:58 AM
    It is most likely an android app or any long string of text messages from the same person. If neither, I always wipe my bb every 6 months or so. I restore only contacts first. If it's buttery smooth like when it was brand new, I don't even bother restoring everything else. I just install new apps as needed. I have always followed these guidelines since I was a baby
    03-28-16 02:11 AM
    It is most likely an android app or any long string of text messages from the same person. If neither, I always wipe my bb every 6 months or so. I restore only contacts first. If it's buttery smooth like when it was brand new, I don't even bother restoring everything else. I just install new apps as needed. I have always followed these guidelines since I was a baby
    i tried to hard reset once few months back taking all the precautions like removing my sd card and all and my classic was stuck at 97% for 5 days ..... i would restart and then it wud again stuck at 97% ..... i had to take it bb customer care to resolve the issue so i dare not go for security wipe ever again

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 02:25 AM
    A wipe is very simple process unless there is something defective with the phone. I can understand if you are not comfortable performing this procedure but perhaps you should find a Fellow CB member who lives close by to help you. Where are you located?
    03-28-16 02:32 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160328_122647.png 
Views:	565 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	395466 i tried from settings but even that was taking too long so captured this screenshot from cleaner app.

Posted via CB10
    Did you take this screenshot after a recent restart? BB10 usually has around 1 GB of free ram after a restart IIRC.
    03-28-16 10:46 AM
    Did you take this screenshot after a recent restart? BB10 usually has around 1 GB of free ram after a restart IIRC.
    no ..... i didnt restart my device ..... i just took a screen shot and posted here.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:50 AM
    no ..... i didnt restart my device ..... i just took a screen shot and posted here.

Posted via CB10
    It's worth seeing how it changes on a restart but it sounds like the problem could be caused by an app (including the hub). If you don't want to do a device wipe (and this should really be a last resort) you can try changing the Sync Timeframe for hub email accounts, deleting apps that could be causing this issue (device monitor is the best place to check), and disabling run in background permissions for any native apps you may have.
    03-28-16 10:59 AM
    Bb10 is just slowing down. It's sad

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-28-16 11:01 AM
    It's worth seeing how it changes on a restart but it sounds like the problem could be caused by an app (including the hub). If you don't want to do a device wipe (and this should really be a last resort) you can try changing the Sync Timeframe for hub email accounts, deleting apps that could be causing this issue (device monitor is the best place to check), and disabling run in background permissions for any native apps you may have.
    u mean i should set manual sync ?
    i opened device monitor and most of the apps show idle in CPU details.
    how to disable background run of apps in classic ?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:21 PM
    If your wipe stuck at 97 this could indicate a hardware problem or gypsy curse. Have you tried re loading with an autoloader? Gypsy magic rarely survives an autoloader so I would personally try this. If it still doesn't work, maybe you have a dud phone. In that case, email John Chen and he will personally come to your house and give you a brand new one and clean your windows for a month.

Autoloaders:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/2466747

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:42 PM
    u mean i should set manual sync ?
    i opened device monitor and most of the apps show idle in CPU details.
    how to disable background run of apps in classic ?

Posted via CB10
    You can try changing the Interval but below that there should be a dropdown tab that says "Sync Timeframe", it's basically how far back the account should go to download email. I would still try closing apps even if they show idle.

To disable background apps go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions and in the dropdown select "Run in Background". From there select the apps (if any) that you want to disable the permission for and press the toggle.
    03-28-16 02:27 PM
    Try holding both volume buttons until it shuts down ,and it will restart, also some android apps cause problems like amazon app has a hard time updating for me, I have to keep closing it and trying again

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:25 PM