Hi all, I don't know if anybody had done this. I have a Classic. I use Outlook 2016. Right now, I am sync with my Outlook with BB Desktop. To say it is inconvenient is mildly stated. I've numerous laptop/desktop all running Outlook 2016 and not being in sync right now. I want to get a hosted exchange server so all my computers (windows/mac/ipad) can be in sync. I no longer want to see my classic sync with only one computer. Have anybody try or doing it? I just want to see that is doable and somebody had done it before. I'm a single person and don't need email sync. Just my calendar and contacts with my Windows/Mac/ipad/BB 10 in sync. BTW, I need a real keyboard, I've carpal tunnel so ONLY a real keyboard will do, none of this touchscreen stuff. My Classic is dying and it is time for a new phone with a "real" keyboard.
    Last edited by slam5; 03-06-17 at 11:45 AM. Reason: more details
    03-06-17 11:31 AM
    BTW, my classic is still working 100%, just the battery is dying. I just need a new battery. Do you think BB 10 will be supported in the future? I'm very happy with BB10 OS right now..
    03-06-17 12:07 PM
    There are a number of "free" email systems out there..... "outlook.com" is one that offers free and does have activesync so it will sync between a number of devices - phone, tablet, PC. If you need a business solution they (and may others) have hosted plans, which are very reasonable (compared to an Exchange Server and Licensing)... and you can use your own domain name.

Not sure what you are asking about BB10 supported in the future.... BlackBerry is pretty much done with it, as is most developers. But basic things like email, should work until someone comes up with some new security protocol - probably not something to worry about.
    03-06-17 01:03 PM
    This is how I've always used BB10. Desktop syncing just doesn't work anymore for people who use multiple computers and/or browser email.

Outlook.com works well (You can use it with an existing email account. ). And son do most services.

I also pay Microsoft a few dollars a month for a separate hosted exchange account on my own domain as well as Office 365 and 1TB of storage on OneDrive. I use that email account in browsers and desktop Outlook on two computers as well as my BlackBerry. It stays synced very well.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-06-17 01:35 PM
    I can help

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    03-06-17 07:53 PM