Hi,
    Foremost, thank you to forumers' solutions and Crackberry for hosting this site.

I just lost a few contacts on Blackberry Z10.
    The contact name still exist but the number when missing.
    The address book is fine but a client and a friend are effected.

Yesterday I upgrade my Z10 from OS 10.3 to the 'Angela Merkel' 10.2
    (The 10.3 did not work for me. Bless you if you can use 10.3 )

I shop in BB World, noticed BB allow apps like Whatsapp to delete contacts.
    WTFish?!!! maybe that's what happen.

Why would RIM allow apps to delete to BB customers' private contacts ?
    Does it mean a BB customer can go to RIM HQ office and 'delete' sack staff?

So here is my question - Do BB customers' have rights?
    Can RIM fortify its OS from apps from deleting contacts / professional files?

Maybe its not RIM or Whatsapps fault but what if they were hack like iOS and access our private files.... then deleted them.

Can RIM fortify OS10 from apps / hacks?
    05-08-15 06:27 AM
    WhatsApp does not go into your contacts and delete them. The reason for the permission to delete contacts is if you want to delete a contact while in WhatsApp, you can do it without leaving the app.

In general, the permissions that you give to apps are for functions that you want the app to able to do. For example, if you want to be able to save pictures from an app, you need to give permission for "shared files" in order to save it to your files.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 08:20 AM
    What'sapp didn't delete your contacts. You lost them through the transfer because the backup you used wasn't good or the numbers were synced in a way they could not be backed up.

10.3 solves a lot of problems, why are you asking if BlackBerry can make BlackBerry 10 better if you refuse to update
    05-08-15 08:57 AM
    Thank you for explaining, zeetan.
    I'm glad to hear WhatsApp offer such convenience.

You are much smarter than me. Would you know how I can give WhatsApp permission to my contact but not the delete function?
    05-12-15 03:05 AM
    mad_mdx, yeah I agree with you blackberry 10.2 is crap, so I moved to 10.3 and accept all official release for more than a month, I suffer from RIM idiots.

10.2 is the lesser of crap than I can work with so I upgrade from 10.3 to 10.2.

Thank you for enlightening me, now I know blackberry link is as crappy, and I cannot backup stuff.
    05-12-15 03:22 AM
    If you are using linked contacts sometimes bits of a given contact can not be accessed. I used to see the same thing but put in some effort to clean up my contacts and it works better now.
    05-12-15 03:50 AM
    mad_mdx, yeah I agree with you blackberry 10.2 is crap, so I moved to 10.3 and accept all official release for more than a month, I suffer from RIM idiots.

10.2 is the lesser of crap than I can work with so I upgrade from 10.3 to 10.2.

Thank you for enlightening me, now I know blackberry link is as crappy, and I cannot backup stuff.
    Haha well what was the problem in 10.3? Almost all users have no problems so maybe it can be fixed
    05-14-15 08:02 AM

Yesterday I upgrade my Z10 from OS 10.3 to the 'Angela Merkel' 10.2
    (The 10.3 did not work for me. Bless you if you can use 10.3 )
    It's not upgrade, it's a downgrade!!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-14-15 08:54 AM