Hi Everyone,

I recently had an employee leave and return his phone. It sat in storage for a while, and we now have need to re-distribute the phone to a new employee.

After charging the phone i noticed that it had not been wiped from the previous user, so i attempted to wipe the phone. Unfortunatly BB Anti-Theft is there saying i need to enter the BB ID & PW associated with the phone. Obviously I do not have this information as the user was is an ex-employee. (I have emailed them hoping to get a response but havent heard anything as of yet).

Since our BB's are on a Bes10, I logged in and remotely wiped the device, thinking the anti-theft thing was solved. Turns out after the phone was wiped, I can not even get into the set up without entering the user info/PW.

If the ex employee does not get back to me, what can I do? Is this something the phone carrier can manage (Rogers). The phone is associated with our corporate account so there will be no problem proving we own it.

I get the purpose of this feature, but shouldnt the BES wipe have taken priority and removed it from the device? Seems crazy that an employee can lock us out of the device so easily.
    06-16-16 01:08 PM
    All I have ever seen is that companies with BES should disable the Anti-Theft (BlackBerry Protect) features via the admin console.

But that doesn't help with an existing device that is locked out.

Might be able to contact BlackBerry support, especially is you are a support subscriber....
    06-16-16 01:27 PM
    Unfortunately we are not a support subscriber. We are phasing out our Bes.

Spoke to Rogers, and there only solution was to send me a replacement device lol. I told them to hold off for a few days to see if i can get in contact with the old user.

Lesson learned I guess, just kind of crazy that a user has the ability to lock a company out of its own phones lol.
    06-16-16 01:30 PM
    The user can also go to protect.blackberry.com, log in with their BBID and remove the device from the service their without having to give away their details.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 01:42 PM
    Thanks Detrital, that is what I suggest they do in my email to them, I just wasnt sure it would work or not.
    Once they do that would I jsut reboot the phone?
    06-16-16 02:35 PM
    Just an update,
    The old user logged into protect.blackberry.com and removed the device from his account.

Unfortunately this did not remove the anti-theft feature on the phone, and it still requires me to put his BBID/PW in.

The device has been rebooted multiple times.

Seems like a great feature for personal use but ridiculous for a device located on a bes server.
    06-17-16 08:33 AM
    As a follow-up..

If they have truly removed the device from the protect service, the device should be free of the limitation.

When I did mine, I waited 5 minutes and tried the setup again and once connected to cell network or WiFi it removed the BBID login requirements..

This was setting up from another wipe I did manually with Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 08:05 PM
    Hello,

I am having a kind of similar problem.
    I sold my old Blackberry Classic, I had done a factory reset before selling it but when the new owner came home, he couldn't login due to Blackberry Protect. Now he is asking for my password...
    I went on the forum and found that I should delete the device from my Blackberry protect account. I did this, but he still cannot login after doing a hard reset (vol up+down). Why is this? What can I do?
    Is there an option without using Link? I am not sure the new seller is familiar with it�

Would it work if I would change my password, and gave that to him? So that he can login? But the device is allready deleted from my account...
    Also, say he would be able to login using my new password, what would the phone do? Will there still be data from me on it? will it restore some kind of backup?
    Would he have to do another wipe?

Please help! Thanks!!
    08-11-16 01:35 AM