Now with the distance of time and reflection I can say that I personally prefer the BB10 Virtual keyboard over the physical one - It's just a more consistent experience.

So Iv'e owned twp BB10 devices, a Z3 (which was surprisingly good) and still own a Passport and now feel I liked the Z3 better. Yeah, it feels nice to actually push on a physical keyboard but the jumping back and forth between the physical & virtual (for numbers, on screen correction ect is just too disjointed. More than that, the best part of the BB10 keyboard is predictive words & "the flick". But its not a flick with the physical keyboard. It's a slide up on the right or left of the keyboard.

On the Z3 its a fluid motion between typing and flicking....just better in my opinion.

What's yours?
    07-04-17 09:39 AM
    pkb all day everyday
    07-04-17 09:41 AM
    Preferred the pkb of my Passport to the vkb on my Z30, but felt both keyboards were excellent.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-04-17 09:57 AM
    Virtual keyboard but both are very good.
    07-04-17 11:07 AM
    I prefer the physical keyboard over the virtual one but the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard is so good that I prefer it over the physical one. But the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on the blackdroid devices is not that good, BlackBerry couldn't bring the same experience to the droid system.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 11:28 AM
    Physical.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    07-04-17 05:17 PM
    Apples and oranges. The PKB on my Passport is amazing. However, I was very proficient on the VKB of my Z10. The Z10 was three years and change. Started to show signs of lag. The battery life was killing me. I could have possibly remedied the lag with a wipe and fresh install. Had I not given to my son I would still use it around the house. My BlackBerry Z10 had the best virtual keyboard I'd tried. That and the flow of navigating the OS seemed to be so natural. I'm sorry  BlackBerry couldn't make it stick.

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    07-04-17 05:47 PM
    ...either or...I run a Z30 VKB all day at work, and a PKB on my Passport when I'm on my time...best keyboards of their type available...I do miss the VKB on my old Z10...it fit my hand perfectly for one handed/thumb use...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    07-04-17 05:51 PM
    I prefer the physical keyboard over the virtual one but the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard is so good that I prefer it over the physical one. But the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on the blackdroid devices is not that good, BlackBerry couldn't bring the same experience to the droid system.

Posted via CB10
    True. I have the blackberry keyboard installed on android and it's nowhere near the one of the Z30. Not only when it comes to type, the prediction is a lot better and also the fact that I don't have to switch between the three languages I need. Why on earth the can't get it to work in the same way.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:09 AM
    I loved my Z10's vkb. Its excellent auto-correct, flick typing for longer words and intuitive word prediction made typing incredibly fast.

Then I switched to the Q10 and my typing ground to a halt. But it didn't take long to get up to speed and really appreciate the pkb's accuracy and the added ability for no look typing.

I did however noticed that auto-correction on the pkb is tuned down compared to the vkb. Misspelled words and miss-clicked letters that would get auto-corrected on the vkb were left uncorrected.

My short lived time with the Passport was bliss, even though it still suffered from the tuned down auto-correction. I loved the wider keys and the return of flick typing. I missed the alt key but soon got used to the companion virtual row above the keyboard.

Recently I picked up a Z10 and what immediately struck me was touch typing is impossible as your eyes have to remain fixed on the keyboard in order to type. That alone cemented my preference for the pkb.

I'm looking forward to the KEYone as it marries the Q10 sized pkb (although slightly squatter) with Passport's capacitive keys.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    07-07-17 01:20 AM
    Been with BlackBerry since the 7290, pkb all day errryday
    07-07-17 01:25 AM
    Have to agree the Android vkb is no way near the level of BB10's.
    Perhaps it's because they let go of the quality BB10 development team and replaced with droiders

It's hard to compare the physical keyboard let alone the Passport. There's something nice about sure typing knowing what you've typed is correct.
    07-07-17 06:05 AM
    phkb of course, that is the only reason because I have a BB.
    Otherwise I would have an Android, iphone or jolla.

If Blackberry would sell an generic device with the classic keyboard where cyanogen, unsecure android, or sailfish can installed, I will buy it tomorrow.

Regarding the Bbdroid keyone, I am still thinking, but price is high and I will be glued to the BlackBerry support...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dpgo; 07-11-17 at 07:50 AM.
    07-11-17 07:40 AM

If Blackberry would sell an generic device with the classic keyboard where cyanogen, unsecure android, or sailfish can installed, I will buy it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    That is a genius idea!
    Unfortunately it probability wouldn't be Blackberry that puts it out. Blackberry is branding Security and I don't think that would float.
    07-11-17 11:10 AM