01-16-13 12:47 AM
    removed by user
    Last edited by kifac; 01-16-13 at 03:15 PM.
    01-16-13 12:47 AM
    ppt only goes to p.37 (which shows as only 82% progress)
    Are you holding something back from us?
    01-16-13 01:24 AM
    You do know that rim is cdn rite?
    Yes.

I now realize it was poorly worded on my part.

Meant, US customers wouldn't be happy if it wasn't released in the US. Which is their beloved country.
    01-16-13 01:35 AM
    ppt only goes to p.37 (which shows as only 82% progress)
    Are you holding something back from us?
    Where are the other 18%!

*imagine Christan Bale yelling that as Batman*

**EDIT: also, slide 7, the woman looks like she's using a slider-style phone**
    01-16-13 01:36 AM
    +1, would like to see the rest of the pages
    01-16-13 04:04 AM
    The success of BB10 is perhaps 50 percent contingent on the success of this type of training (across all retailers, not just Rogers), ESPECIALLY with the new gesture interface!

I remember going into Best Buy near the Eaton center in Toronto and asking the sales guy if they had any PlayBooks on sale (this was right around when the first price drops started) and he literally said:

"Trust me. Don't get the PlayBook, it's total sh1t".

I wasn't asking for his opinion on it, or asking him to help me compare different tablets. I was clear that I had already made up my mind to purchase a PlayBook.

With guys like that, RIM wouldn't be able to sell money at half price, let alone BB10. :/
    01-16-13 04:13 AM
    Fantastic powerpoint. Thank you for that.
    01-16-13 06:41 AM
    Where are the other 18%!

*imagine Christan Bale yelling that as Batman*

**EDIT: also, slide 7, the woman looks like she's using a slider-style phone**
    It's a torch. Don't get your hopes up on being a BB10 phone.
    01-16-13 07:17 AM
    Wow!!, nice slides!! thanks for sharing!! Everything is getting together.... and the good think, at least for me, when BB10 arrives at M�xico, i will be ready for upgrade at my carrier

Can't wait!!
    01-16-13 07:54 AM
    As a marketing professional, I respect that this time the marketing messaging is very very clear to whom the sales person should be targetting... that said, if you ask most people "are you a go getter who wants a full life and successful career and relationships?" they'd say "uhhhh..... um...... yeah?" so, qualifying this type of person is going to be... challenging... but I appreciate that they're not calling BB10 "all things to everyone"... if they had narrowed the target audience for the PlayBook to those go-getter types (i.e. "not a toy for wasting time") AND targetted BB handheld owners, criticism would have been reduced and its impression would be much better. After all, the PlayBook IS a great device for BB users.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-16-13 at 08:36 AM.
    01-16-13 08:08 AM
    just because the guys over at rogers happened to get their pre-order website uploaded and live before the other carriers doesn't necessarily dictate RIM's release schedule for their devices. Rogers, Bell, and Telus aren't all talking to eachother behind the scenes saying... "ok rogers u guys release your pre-order website first, then telus, u guys do it second.... and we'll mess with people"... heck it could be something as simple as the guy who was supposed to do the pre-order website for bell got sick and missed a few days of work... i seriously dont see how launching pre-order websites within days of eachother is going to be any sort of realistic force to tell RIM on when they should be releasing their devices with which carrier.

this also applies to the training ... just because rogers people are getting trained and it was leaked, doesnt mean the bell guys or the telus guys arent, or one carrier will get the device sooner or later than another. It would only make business sense for rim to release their devices on all carriers either on the same day or within days of eachother. It really does come down to supply chains at that time and how organised the carriers are.
    01-16-13 09:01 AM
    Sounds good. Better than the employees naysaying blackberry. They better not talk it down!
    01-16-13 09:07 AM
    I'm now ready to sell BB10 on the side. *sweet smile*

Slides 26,27,28 - BBM video also allows you to connect your camera and show what's around you. They mention the word 'online' - what do they mean by being online?
    01-16-13 09:22 AM
    there are abut 2-3 slides missing but all it is are blue background slides that say blackberry 10 :P oh and at the very end its just a training simulation
    01-16-13 09:34 AM
    Plus Rogers is the first carrier in the world that is going to have it.
    Do you work for Rogers?
    01-16-13 10:49 AM
    I'm now ready to sell BB10 on the side. *sweet smile*

Slides 26,27,28 - BBM video also allows you to connect your camera and show what's around you. They mention the word 'online' - what do they mean by being online?
    Hmm maybe BBM video is Wifi only?
    01-16-13 11:15 AM
    the training should also include salesman must not bash the product they don't like or they make less commission from.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 11:15 AM
    70 000 Apps at launch !!!
    20 M songs !!!
    01-16-13 11:20 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    RIM may surprise with over 120,000 apps at BB10 Launch!....
    01-16-13 11:28 AM
    the training should also include salesman must not bash the product they don't like or they make less commission from.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Yes, but salespeople will worry, first and foremost, what they will get from individual sales. If the carrier offers spiffs on the new BB10 phones, they will concentrate on them as opposed to others.
    01-16-13 11:31 AM
    lets not forget that instagram is on there
    01-16-13 12:20 PM
    rogers likes to say they did everything in canada first, thinking back to a line of commercials they ran a year or so ago. i think they will be first with BB10, however only by a very slim margin.
    01-16-13 12:51 PM
    Agreed.
    BB10 should be clearly indicating their target is A-Type personalities. The B-type should stick with Androids,... the C-types with Apple.

As a marketing professional, I respect that this time the marketing messaging is very very clear to whom the sales person should be targetting... that said, if you ask most people "are you a go getter who wants a full life and successful career and relationships?" they'd say "uhhhh..... um...... yeah?" so, qualifying this type of person is going to be... challenging... but I appreciate that they're not calling BB10 "all things to everyone"... if they had narrowed the target audience for the PlayBook to those go-getter types (i.e. "not a toy for wasting time") AND targetted BB handheld owners, criticism would have been reduced and its impression would be much better. After all, the PlayBook IS a great device for BB users.
    01-16-13 01:28 PM
    Looks like this has just been zapped from MediaFire while I was reading it! Only made it to slide 11 before it got nuked.
    01-16-13 03:21 PM
60 123