During today's Outlook outage I, along with others found that the calendar was empty. In my case I wasn't able to add new entries until I deleted my Hotmail account. Others have seen problems with their Remember app.

This got me to thinking that this integration is a good thing when it works, but it shouldn't basically render useless core apps like the calendar with one email provider going down. If Hotmail is down I should still be able to see my calendar entries synced on my other accounts for example.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:12 PM
    During today's Outlook outage I, along with others found that the calendar was empty. In my case I wasn't able to add new entries until I deleted my Hotmail account. Others have seen problems with their Remember app.

This got me to thinking that this integration is a good thing when it works, but it shouldn't basically render useless core apps like the calendar with one email provider going down. If Hotmail is down I should still be able to see my calendar entries synced on my other accounts for example.

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget it effects your linked contact information which renders custom notifications useless.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:38 PM