You would think by now, the version of BB OS 10.2 that a webdav client would be part of the BB 10 file manager. I do not want to install an app for this. WEBDAV client should be part of the BB OS 10 file manager.

WEBDAV client built into linux file manager? YES

WEBDAV client built into Mac OS file manager? YES

WEBDAV client built into Windos OS file manager? YES

The beauty of having webdav built into the native OS file manager is that your files on the cloud seem like a local drive to your device. Right?!? It is right there, no fumbling around looking for an another file manager to find cloud files, it is right there, built into the native OS.

So along comes BB with OS 10 talking about a real mobile computing device, talking about the cloud, yet the integration from the most basic is featureless without adding apps. Hey, if my laptop and desktop is going to be replaced by a BB 10 mobile computing device, why the world is WEBDAV client not part of the native BB 10 file manager?

Huge flaw in BB 10 OS. It is in the desktop native file managers, so any flaming, excuses, or other rhetoric about "why not" is just that, an excuse. BB 10 OS is still very infantile and has a long way to go to where the company says it is going with mobile computing.

If I am missing something regarding the BB 10 OS and its native support for a WEBDAV client built into the BB 10 OS native file manager, please share.

Cheers
    10-24-13 10:06 AM
    There is an app for that, but I hear you.

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-24-13 10:08 AM
    Per my original post, I covered the less productive app route. WEBDAV integrated into BB 10 OS file manager please.
    10-24-13 12:15 PM