Any BB 10 clients on CB who have their carrier as Freedom/Shaw?

I have been having an issue with SMS text messages not going through as quickly as before. Sometimes they need to be resent in order to get delivered.

I'm am trying to understand if it's the carrier who has let their network go down the drain in some ways, due to the pending Rogers /Shaw merger or if this is a 3G situation and BB 10 devices or what?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-21 09:37 PM
    Freedom is just pretty trash in general.
    11-03-21 11:24 PM
    My experience generally speaking is I get about 85% of the network quality, but for 50% of the cost if not more.

My plan, with US roaming included, has saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

I will admit, compared to the network quality of other friends with more modern devices, my BB 10 phones seem to perform really well on the network.

Perhaps the fact that a lot of the network is 3G, older bands etc that ties in better with BB 10 devices. Some of these phones with band 66 and newer bands, they have more issues I take it.

One of the reasons why I am wondering about the SMS text message issue that has popped up in the last few weeks.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-04-21 01:28 AM
    I have had no issues. Recipients are generally on Telus. Only odd things I noticed are sometimes I get SMS but it already flags as being read so I don't get notification of the message arrival.

Generally coverage and quality has been great. Other half runs iPhone on Telus and 99% of the time I get way better signal, even out in the boonies. I remember one specific time, I was on the chairlift going skiing, high up the mountain and I had to answer call from my boss (Curve 9360). My companions were a bit surprised as they had zero reception on their devices/network.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-04-21 12:27 PM
    I have had no issues. Recipients are generally on Telus. Only odd things I noticed are sometimes I get SMS but it already flags as being read so I don't get notification of the message arrival.

Generally coverage and quality has been great. Other half runs iPhone on Telus and 99% of the time I get way better signal, even out in the boonies. I remember one specific time, I was on the chairlift going skiing, high up the mountain and I had to answer call from my boss (Curve 9360). My companions were a bit surprised as they had zero reception on their devices/network.
    No chance it was "pocket read"? That happens to me, sometimes - to a lot, depending how the phone jiggles in the pocket, especially if im doing chores, cutting down trees, digging, sawing etc.. Don't get me wrong, that's pretty rare, I'm not Buckin Billy Ray Smith or nothin..
    ..oh wait it was a curve? that's unlikely then i guess.
    11-04-21 09:53 PM
    Naw happens once in a while with all my BlackBerry phones, if I recall. Sometimes the phone is just sitting on the desk so definitely not pocket read.
    I dug into it before and came to the conclusion it had something to do with the intermediary service that deals with calls/messages between different carriers.
    11-04-21 11:31 PM