It was 'dead on arrival' with the Z10 - took two years to get it into a state where it was better than OS7.1. Right now at 10.3.2 it's perfect and I will be using it for several years into the future. I have all the apps I need through the Amazon Appstore plus one or two good 'natives' (like Keepas)
    Perfect for you, but without Contact Group syncing and not storing Calendar data beyond 29 days, it's anything but perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 07:05 PM
    Perfect for you, but without Contact Group syncing and not storing Calendar data beyond 29 days, it's anything but perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Calendar stores beyond 30 days.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2789‎
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-21-15 07:10 PM
    The advent of the Priv does not mean BB10 will get Google Play Services. Neither does it necessarily mean BB10 will loose the Android runtime, but that is far more likely

How these things play out will be the results of business negotiations and who is willing to give what to get what from the other. From the outside it very much looks like Google has the high ground and BlackBerry will have to do whatever the OHA demands to sell the Priv. Maybe they have something Google wants badly enough to let BB10 keep the runtime. You won't find many people here who believe that though.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    As others have speculated, I also think the deal with Google is no further development of the runtime, meaning it will be stuck as 4.3. I also think that no new BB10 models will be produced as long as the Priv is still manufactured.
    10-22-15 05:30 AM
    This is a far shot but has anyone considered that the bb10 OS was simply too secure for the average Joe and the boys in the government didn't like that?

No.
    O4ORVILLE likes this.
    10-22-15 05:39 AM
    What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Calendar stores beyond 30 days.

I'm not writing about Gmail or Outlook Calendars.
    Unless they fixed it in the latest update, then you are incorrect.
    The native BlackBerry Calendar app does not store dates beyond 29 days, even from a sync and hasn't (at least) since OS10.1.
    BlackBerry is well aware of this and will tell you that they "do not have a resolution".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-22-15 at 11:01 AM.
    10-22-15 10:43 AM
    Remember when Chen arrived and stated that the biggest complaint he heard was the absence of the tool belt?
    And the new Priv doesn't have one.
    He's really fishing for an answer.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-22-15 11:20 AM
    After buying a Z10 Z30 and Classic, buying a host of BB10 apps, BBM protected subscription, oh yeah, and a Playbook. I now feel like a sucker. BB10 will most certainly die. No more for me. I'll run my Classic until it is dead and then I'll get an Android.

 Classic
    10-22-15 05:04 PM
    Yup, this is the end.

Cue Jim Morrison.....

10-22-15 07:11 PM
    The sky is falling, the sky is following, Blackberry is dead. The end is near. Have heard the same you years.
    10-22-15 09:12 PM
    The sky is falling, the sky is following, Blackberry is dead. The end is near. Have heard the same you years.
    Blackberry will not die of natural causes. Blackberry has committed suicide by signing a deal with the devil (Google). $900 for a Priv, you gotta be kidding me.

 Classic
    Last edited by jimk345; 10-22-15 at 09:53 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    10-22-15 09:40 PM
    What is likely is that BlackBerry is contractually obligated not to update the runtime and will let existing runtimes sit for a while before 10.3.3 disables them for "security" reasons.
    10-23-15 05:45 AM
    Yup, this is the end.

Cue Jim Morrison.....

Or Michael Jackson

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-23-15 05:49 AM
    The only app I am missing, or atleast haven't found is google photos. I back up all my photos on my computer and two cloud services. Maybe with the release of Priv, we will get google play store. Then my Q10 will be perfect with the one app (google photos) I want.
    You can install Google play on BB10 but you can not install Google services. I don't know if the app you need uses Google services or not. If it uses Google services, try to find the apk download without installing Google play. For example on my Z10 the Google maps app worked but after I installed Google play it didn't work any more. It requested for Google services after that.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:08 AM
    Or Michael Jackson

October 23, 2015. Priv goes on sale officially.
    It's also the day they start nailing the coffin on BB10.
    10-23-15 12:05 PM
    11-02-15 12:10 PM
    That's one of the best behind the scenes articles I've read.

Velocitymj likes this.
    11-02-15 12:21 PM
    So it's Ron Louks fault for killing BB10.

If BlackBerry had a billion dollar write off on unsold Z10's couldn't have they used that as their marketing expense or some sort of sales incentive?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:52 PM
    While the amount of the Z10 write down is well known, according to that article, BlackBerry's been hemorrhaging almost six times more than that over the last few years, which I hadn't read before.

From all of the posts on the move to an Android OS that I've read, everyone, myself included, thought or thinks that the switch to Android is recent maneuver, because BB10 was flawed and not selling, when it was in the planning stages before the release of the Passport.
    On the bright side, if you don't own one, be glad that you didn't drop the dime on a Porsche Design BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-02-15 at 11:18 PM.
    11-02-15 06:01 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
    BlackBerry is not dead... yet, but OS10 is.
    11-03-15 06:11 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
    BlackBerry is not dead... yet, but OS10 is.
    Not to me, maybe your a quitter, but I'm not.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-03-15 11:21 PM
    Quitting has nothing to do with it. Doesn't even factor into what I wrote.
    11-04-15 09:45 AM
    Sorry REALLY long. But this is what goes through my head with the PRIV.
    I just saw this and it's really good, but I'll add a bit, because I do believe that the BlackBerry hardware / PKB / form factor is significant. For many, it's about the PKB, and the "privacy" is a bonus. They're coming back for the PKB / Slider form factor, not specifically for the security.

It may be that those buying the Priv don't care at all for the security (as sales of insecure Android devices proves) but they DO want the PKB: BlackBerry may find if the sales of the Priv ARE successful, they may try to do a full-slab "secure BlackDroid"... if that DOESN'T meet sales expectations (that people want security and that the PKB isn't a key differentiator) then they may realize "perhaps the slider form factor / our hardware patents is what the market responds to" and while I doubt it so completely that it's hardly worth mentioning, but:

Assuming that BB10 IS considered the only option for some customers in finance, government, military, etc., the world over...

...perhaps a key customer will want the Slider form factor and tells BlackBerry "you port BB10 to the slider, we'll buy 30,000 units: don't port BB10, we buy zero units."

30,000 unit sales at a profit of 100 dollars per device is only $3 million. If BlackBerry gets a request or two like this THEN goes to their other strategic BB10 customers with a proposal, perhaps then BB10 will be ported to the Slider, but will it get further development? Only as far as to meet the demands of this strategic market.
    11-04-15 09:57 AM
    Thanks I needed that.

11-04-15 11:29 AM
    Quitting has nothing to do with it. Doesn't even factor into what I wrote.
    No different then the others that left to use Android, putting a Blackberry label on an Android is still an Android.
    the1 and Vistaus like this.
    11-04-15 08:00 PM
    No different then the others that left to use Android, putting a Blackberry label on an Android is still an Android.
    Who are you writing to?
    OS10 has been pulled to the side of the road and it's parked. There are problems with the OS that are problematic for my business operations , but I'm using my Q10 until it dies.
    Wherever I need to pick up the slack, I use iOS.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:13 PM
50 12