Hey guys, so I'm loving my new Q10, absolutely awesome device, fits everything I need and do perfectly. Couple minor annoyances that pester me occasionally though, and this one is really bugging me today as handling alot of phone calls in my truck and alot of emails at the same time.

I am 10.1.0.238 with Bell on the Q10, and running a 2010 Ford F150 with Sync. Whenever I end a phone call, whether it was a dial out or a received call, the truck automatically switches back from phone mode to the last used music setting, radio, satellite radio, or bluetooth audio. But the phone automatically opens up the music app, and attempts to start playing music through bluetooth audio, regardless of the fact that I haven't been using it (actually I don't have any music on the phone, so it constantly pops up an error that it cant find any music to play). Is it possible to disable this feature somewhere?
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-17-13 11:10 AM
    Does it show up as a device in your bluetooth connections on the Q10? If so, have you simply tried to disconnect the device? I would look there first.
    06-17-13 11:20 AM
    My car does this as well. I think it's a Sync thing, as it did it on my Galaxy Nexus. Try looking through the Sync settings to disable auto play.

I haven't looked through mine yet because it hasn't caused me too much grief.
    06-17-13 11:50 AM
    Does it show up as a device in your bluetooth connections on the Q10? If so, have you simply tried to disconnect the device? I would look there first.
    It does show up as a device, but its supposed to. I want the phone connected by bluetooth for phone calls, its just whenever I end the phone call it wants to use the bluetooth audio for music playback, regardless of the fact that I haven't been using the bluetooth audio. Thanks for the suggestion zehkaiser, I'll look into the settings. Its not a big deal generally, its just when I'm caught between constant phone calls and writing emails the phone always opens up the damn music app after each call.
    06-17-13 12:04 PM
    Many threads on this as my civic does the very same thing. Your best thing is go to your mobile carrier and ask to speak to Rim about it. The more that complain the better chance they will fix that. I called rim and gave them my 2 cents worth!
    06-17-13 12:34 PM
    Settings > Network Connections > Bluetooth > Ford Sync > Media -Audio Steaming

Switch to off.

Easy peasy. Just was buried in there

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 06:24 AM
    I have an 08 Sable. Mine was doing this also, looked thru the setting and I don't have any auto connect options in the sync menu. I noticed it would go to aux when my phone connected. I pressed the radio button and it no longer opens the music app anymore when I connect.
    04-18-15 08:22 AM