Dear Crackberry team and Forum users,

I am super confused about the whole new BB10 experience and the subscriptions I can pre-order here in the Netherlands cause non of them mention that it is a specific BB (BIS) dataplan.
    It also was not mentioned during the launch and I cant find it on the BB website, if it is there, they manage to hide it pretty well.

1: Does BB10 + Z10 require a BIS subscription to use bb-world, bbm and more?
    2: If it does not require a BIS subscription anymore, does it still exist for BB10 + Z10 phone? And if so.. what is the advantage of using it in comparison to a regular data plan.

Please only give answers regarding points 1 and 2 and do not go off-topic.
    There are a lot more people out there that are confused and want to know the correct answer!
    Thank you all in advance!
    01-31-13 07:07 AM
    I'd really like to know that too.
    I was searching for that information too.

What I figured out while reading the BlackBerry Device Service Administrator PDF: BB10 still uses the BlackBerry Infrastructure for BlackBerry Device Service (if you choose to do so). But it does not mention the necessity for WebBrowsing or BIS DataPla etc.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...verview_en.pdf

Without the possibility to send Data over my BB Data plan BB10 is pointless for me.
    01-31-13 07:36 AM
    From what it looks like, BIS and the NOC are still in the background, but mainly for Push and BBM. The BIS service fee has disappeared as a separate entity, so it isn't something you add on to your service (it's linked to a regular data fee). Of course, carriers might still charge depending on the country, and BES will still be there. It just looks like BIS is becoming an invisible entity, at least from the consumer's perspective.
    01-31-13 07:42 AM
    01-31-13 08:31 PM