Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my BB10 Classic working with my shiny new Android Wear watch. I have got through most of the Android stuff, installed the Google Play Store app and Google Play Services. I am able to run Google Maps and get "Hello Google" to work so am confident I've satisfied the pre-requisites needed for this to happen with my Blackberry.

The problem I have is that when I launch Android Wear I don't get an option to pair my watch. I can see the watch via the Bluetooth menu and can pair it there, but it then doesn't connect. I feel like there's something missing such that if I could get the app to go through the pairing steps then I could get one step closer.

The screen I see when I launch the Android Wear app is below....

BB 10 and Android Wear, how can I get them paired?-img_20151209_164715.png

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Cheers,

Chris
    12-09-15 03:51 PM
    No, and you likely never will. The Android Runtime on BB10 doesn't play nice with Android Wear at all. Pebble? Well, that's a different story.
    12-09-15 05:15 PM
    Android Wear requires actual Google Play Services. It doesn't just check for their presence - which can be patched around - it actually utilizes those services, and since those services aren't available on BB10, it isn't going to work.
    12-10-15 09:58 AM
    Android Wear requires actual Google Play Services. It doesn't just check for their presence - which can be patched around - it actually utilizes those services, and since those services aren't available on BB10, it isn't going to work.
    May I correct that statement? Back in the early days (in 2014!) the patching of an app just removed the dependency for Google Play Services. But since 2015 we have (almost) full support of Google Play Services. I'm not talking about just having a mock installation. The apps that are patched can really access and use the features of the patched Google Play Services.

Some example features that work:
    * Full Location support including WiFi and mobile network positioning
    * Full Google+ login
    * Full Game sync (i.e. Clash of Clans, Boom Beach etc)
    * Full Google Drive sync support
    * Full Google Photos sync support
    * Full management of security options (account settings, location history settings, etc)
    ... and so on

The only known issue is that Google Wear doesnt work.

Just to be said.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    12-10-15 11:31 AM
    After all the work put in no luck..ugg!!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 03:22 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my BB10 Classic working with my shiny new Android Wear watch. I have got through most of the Android stuff, installed the Google Play Store app and Google Play Services. I am able to run Google Maps and get "Hello Google" to work so am confident I've satisfied the pre-requisites needed for this to happen with my Blackberry.

The problem I have is that when I launch Android Wear I don't get an option to pair my watch. I can see the watch via the Bluetooth menu and can pair it there, but it then doesn't connect. I feel like there's something missing such that if I could get the app to go through the pairing steps then I could get one step closer.

The screen I see when I launch the Android Wear app is below....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151209_164715.png 
Views:	497 
Size:	263.2 KB 
ID:	383747

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Cheers,

Chris
    My question how did you patch android wear?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 03:23 PM
    It won't work even if you use the patched Android Wear app.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-02-16 11:32 AM
    I've been the same state with my BB Classic. Aren't there finally successed connecting BB and Smart Watch?
    03-05-16 09:47 PM