The BlackBerry management keeps a piece of cheese in front of us 10.3.4. --- this is necessary to ensure that the latest loyal users do not run up to other brands. Those who stayed until now on BB 10 are the" Golden" fund of the BlackBerry .... and so I'm already using "Signal" and it's just as safe and reliable ... so everyone can find an alternative ...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 06:58 AM
    It's taken you awhile...
    04-26-17 07:08 AM
    Actually they're not even dangling cheese. Blackberry itself hasn't mentioned 10.3.4 in months. I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes and they just say nothing about it.

Believe me, Blackberry is no more trying to keep people on BB10 than Microsoft is trying to keep people on windows 7. Such self-proclaimed "loyalists" are actually boat anchors that keep companies from investing more into the future because they have to support the past.
    04-26-17 07:45 AM
    Actually they're not even dangling cheese. Blackberry itself hasn't mentioned 10.3.4 in months. I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes and they just say nothing about it.

Believe me, Blackberry is no more trying to keep people on BB10 than Microsoft is trying to keep people on windows 7. Such self-proclaimed "loyalists" are actually boat anchors that keep companies from investing more into the future because they have to support the past.
    Actually I am pretty sure it has been over a year since some at BlackBerry mentioned 10.3.4 publicly.
    04-26-17 01:31 PM
    I'd expect if 10.3.4 comes the official EOL of BB10 will come with it.
    04-26-17 01:59 PM
    I get the opposite feeling. As opposed to trying to keep what? A very small number of users loyal to bb10... I think if blackberry could 86 the whole thing tomorrow and wash its hands of support of it they would. At least for all other than enterprise accounts.

It's a cost to them now. No benefit at all. Or extremely little.
    BigBadWulf and app_Developer like this.
    04-26-17 02:08 PM
    The only people talking 10.3.4 are the vocal minority here at CrackBerry.

Although since they are now the official support channel of BlackBerry, I can understand how some might be confused.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 02:11 PM
    The notion that "loyalists" are boat anchors is ridiculous. I owe BlackBerry nothing.

BlackBerry and any company has a responsibility to support the products it sells. There is a limit on that responsibility, but the market defines it, and the market rewards and punishes.

BlackBerry ruined it's device brand. It has been a slow death at least since the PlayBook debacle.

I doubt BlackBerry Android will really go anywhere.

I will get what I can out of our Passports and then I will find another solution.
    04-29-17 08:13 AM

Or because they are happy with what they are using. Or do you change your car every year for example?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 08:38 AM
    Or because they are happy with what they are using. Or do you change your car every year for example?

Posted via CB10
    Of course they are happy with what they are using. But that doesn't mean companies are obligated to support a product indefinitely just because somebody still uses it.

My car is 10 years old. I'll change it when I want something else. But I sure don't expect anything free from Nissan.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-29-17 09:58 AM
    Those who stayed until now on BB 10 are the "Golden" fund of the BlackBerry ....
    Really?

Somehow I don't think BlackBerry is making a red cent off of me just because I'm still using a Z10. They got their money out of me almost 4 years ago, and that's it. They stopped getting continuous money out of me when I switch from my BIS connected 9800 at that time.

Your logic makes no sense at all.

I mean, if they were making money off all us BB10 users, then they would have kept BB10 going. It's precisely because they were losing money that they had to abandon it or actually go bankrupt.
    04-29-17 09:59 AM
    Those who stayed until now on BB 10 are the" Golden" fund of the BlackBerry ....

Posted via CB10
    BB10 cost them so much money and was costing them so much that BlackBerry as a company would have been better off if it never existed. They never turned a profit on any of their PlayBook/BB10 venture and that's why they moved on.

I would imagine most of us on BB10 aren't buying new apps in any quantity, if at all so how exactly are we the golden fund?

10.3.4's release date will probably line up with BB10 on PlayBook - never. Even if it does come, it'll be nothing new for users, it might even break existing working things.

If not for Blend I would be typing this out on a discount Priv.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 05:03 PM
    BB10 cost them so much money and was costing them so much that BlackBerry as a company would have been better off if it never existed. They never turned a profit on any of their PlayBook/BB10 venture and that's why they moved on.

I would imagine most of us on BB10 aren't buying new apps in any quantity, if at all so how exactly are we the golden fund?

10.3.4's release date will probably line up with BB10 on PlayBook - never. Even if it does come, it'll be nothing new for users, it might even break existing working things.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry executed BB10 wrong. They got the hardware right but lacked in services, which is why BB7 was still out selling BB10 for a few years. BB7 also saved users money on data. Along with no advertising and marketing. Android is not going to work for them regardless of how good the KEYone is. No one knows about it. Where are the ads?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-01-17 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blend is awesome. A missed opportunity. Still use it almost every day.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    05-01-17 09:22 AM
    Just close the BB10 forum so there can be no more false hope. Let's face it, we create the hope....

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 09:39 AM
    Just close the BB10 forum so there can be no more false hope. Let's face it, we create the hope....

Posted via CB10
    Who do the hell are you to propose to close the BlackBerry 10 forum?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elfabio80; 05-01-17 at 03:34 PM.
    05-01-17 01:19 PM
    Who do the hell are you to propose the BlackBerry 10 forum?
    Care to rephrase this in a way that makes some kind of sense?
    05-01-17 01:52 PM
    Blend is awesome. A missed opportunity. Still use it almost every day.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Yes, Blend is awesome. As often happens, because it was created during the prior CEO's tenure Chen did not give it any attention or marketing support.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 12:20 AM
    Why don't we all just calm down here....EOL " free support" for bb10 is fine, but paid extension of $10,$20 bucks for security/some functionality improvements per device (through BlackBerryWorld) would be entirely reasonable (and maybe wise) from an end user's perspective (per year or major (ie -.-.4 -.-.5 etc upgrades) outside of 2-3 year free support. Not sure if BlackBerry would feel the same way.

Grow the base of BlackBerry users, by users giving glowing reviews of its extended support.
    Those who need to move on to Android knock yourselves out as well, or who don't want to pay for extended (software upgrade/maintenance release) support - fine as well.
    Everyone (non-blackberry users) are still freshly intrigued by the Passport - they've never seen it in the wild before (just yesterday an iphone7+ user asked about it - it was also fun to compare the screen space when the vitual keyboard is up and running on Samsung 8 (i think) , the passport had more viewable area).
    Just sayin, yes I know it seems to be unlikely, but currently there is silence on the matter.
    Many users will go and get a new phone every year or two or three, but there are also many who want to stretch it out further (Automobile ownership analogy is appropriate, some exchange every 2-3-4 years, others start trading in at 7-8-9 years, different imperatives for different customers - the point is don't force them.
    05-02-17 12:24 AM
    ...and just like automobiles, older owners know that there are maintenance costs associated with older automobiles... so the argument could be made for older smartphones.. although some real end-of-life would be hit at one point (probably when the carriers change the technologies though)
    05-02-17 12:28 AM
    BlackBerry recently made efforts to clear out BB10 phones. They can't just take our money and then not support us.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 06:55 AM
    BlackBerry recently made efforts to clear out BB10 phones. They can't just take our money and then not support us.

Posted via CB10
    They will honor your warranty.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    05-02-17 08:42 AM
    Omg

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 09:22 AM
    Omg
    Vague. Would you care to elaborate?
    05-02-17 09:24 AM
    Omg
    Vague. Would you care to elaborate?