Everyone seems to 'not recommended' a battery pull assuming they are experts but after my battery heat up and was draining really fast, I asked Michael clewely. He himself guided to do a battery pull. It solved my issue.
    Battery pull. Solving issues-img_20140204_144139.png

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:45 AM
    Ask him what Z30 and Q5 owners should do.
    02-04-14 06:23 AM
    So blackberry's still need battery pulls? Most newer and even older OSes do not like a power loss. Causes corruption and even sometimes a complete OS failure. I understood in the old Java OS it was needed because of the way the OS works. I would also like to know what those who can't pull the battery are supposed to do.
    02-04-14 06:38 AM
    Now I am not an expert. I myself avoid battery pulls. This might be the second since I bought z10. I am guessing a shutdown might solve the issues. Battery pull after shutdown maybe.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 06:44 AM
    On the BB10 OS it is generally recommended by many experienced users not to pull the battery while the phone is on. Use the top button to do a restart. To change battery when using a battery bundle, turn the phone off first then change the battery and let it boot up.
    02-04-14 06:48 AM
    You can turn off your phone using the power button then after that, pull out the battery and put it back again. Do not pull the battery out while the device is still ON. It's like unplugging your PC without shutting it down correctly. The power button ALWAYS resets the device whatever the problem is. Just press it and hold until it resets the device, sometimes it takes a maximum of 30 seconds in extreme cases.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-04-14 06:50 AM
    I've always done battery pulls. Have gotten better response from my device, after an update, in comparison to a hard reboot.
    02-04-14 07:41 AM
    So riddle me this Batman, how exactly do I do a battery pull on this here Z30 I have in my hand????????

I'm not sure how it's a solution when 2 of the phones BlackBerry makes have permanent batteries.

I've never had an issue I can't solve with the volume press reboot.

Don't forget you can yak your phone if you do a pull while the phone is seemingly quiet, but is actually doing work in the background. Not an ideal solution for the impatient amongst us

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925(10.2.1.537)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 08:39 AM

I've never had an issue I can't solve with the volume press reboot.
    I agree with this. In BlackBerry 10, there's actually no need to do a battery pull. Pressing the power button/volume buttons simulates this already. The only problem with devices like Z30 is you cannot remove the battery and prevent it from short-circuiting your device if ever it comes into contact with water. Nonetheless, on common day-to-day usage, a battery pull to reset isn't necessary on BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-04-14 08:51 AM
    So blackberry's still need battery pulls? Most newer and even older OSes do not like a power loss. Causes corruption and even sometimes a complete OS failure. I understood in the old Java OS it was needed because of the way the OS works. I would also like to know what those who can't pull the battery are supposed to do.
    The battery pull is rarely needed. I have had my Z10 and in a full year of using it, I've only had to resort to a battery pull due to a frozen screen once. Any other little glitches can be fixed by doing the simple restart (press the power button and then tap restart) or the "full" restart (press and hold the power button for 20 seconds).

For Z10 & Q10 owners, having a swappable battery can be a saviour if your battery runs down and you don't have time to wait for a recharge. Just pop in a fully charged spare battery. And you're right, it's not a good idea to do so if the phone is on... that's why I always turn the phone off before swapping the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:04 AM
    I solved my battery drain pressing the two volume buttons at the same time on my Z30. Look at the consumption
    Battery pull. Solving issues-img_20140204_173149.png

Posted with my Z30
    02-04-14 12:01 PM
    Pressing volume button together is same az battery pull. Both do a soft/hard reset. If you are on twitter please ask @MichaelClewley

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:34 AM
    Pressing volume button together is same az battery pull. Both do a soft/hard reset. If you are on twitter please ask @MichaelClewley

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately that belief ignores the physics involved. When you shut down or restart a system using a system interface you given the system time to do a clean shut down. Even if this is not how it is implemented, the removal of power will be clean.

When you pull the battery, the connection will break and make hundreds if not thousands of times in a few milliseconds. This can havoc to electronics.

This is why almost all modern electronics, and any computers built in the last decade have soft power switches. The power switch doesn't control the power, it sends commands to a device that does.

Do whatever you want to your phone, but I wouldn't pull the battery from a running BB10 unless none of the buttons worked.

If pulling the battery is of any use at all, why were the latest two phones built with fixed batteries?

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-06-14 07:39 AM