Anyone else having issues with horrible battery life after updating to 10.2.1? I'm on a Q10 with AT&T. Not sure if that matters. Any tips on how to make the phone more efficient? Not always a heavy user, but before the update, I could last 1.5 days even under heavy use. Very little to more or less none, I could have lasted 2 full and another partial.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 03:22 PM
    First off, you need to reboot your device about three times. Then let it settle for about a half a day.
    What about wifi? You do have a strong signal?
    04-19-14 03:30 PM
    I'll do the reboot thing. Wifi is fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 05:04 PM
    Well there are lots of things you can do to improve battery life but it all depends how far you want to take it. Personally I do a fair amount to conserve my battery, lowest back light, any radios im not using turned off and using a black background. More than likely though your issue is just the re indexing of all you contacts and data on the phone. Generally you'll be back to the usual battery life after a couple days. Some times there are bugs that cause certain apps or services to draw a large amount of power. You can see if any issue from stuck apps or services are your issue by checking the device manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:21 PM
    In my experience, Jaydee's comments are spot-on! After I did the 10.2.1 update on my AT&T Z10, the battery life was terrible. Almost all of the usage was "system" per device monitor. After several reboots and about a day, the battery life is now as good if not better than before the update.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:23 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It's been about 3 days since the update, and I've never seen my battery die so quickly! 5 minutes off the charger, it's already at 90%, and hour later, it's at 60%. And most the memory, cpu, and battery is being used by "system". It is so annoying. I restarted it 5 five or more in the last three days and let it settle all day. No thing's changed. It dies like never before! :-( so annoying...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 02:16 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It's been about 3 days since the update, and I've never seen my battery die so quickly! 5 minutes off the charger, it's already at 90%, and hour later, it's at 60%. And most the memory, cpu, and battery is being used by "system". It is so annoying. I restarted it 5 five or more in the last three days and let it settle all day. No thing's changed. It dies like never before! :-( so annoying...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! It is quite annoying. And not like I've changed any of my accounts or major settings. But may try a few things and see what I can come up with.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:13 AM
    It will get back to normal after a couple of days. System will take a lot of CPU while it indexes your phone. When it is done it will go back to normal. Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 10:34 AM
    I'm having the same issues with battery draining quickly. Before I could go easily day and a half without charge with heavy usage.

Now I have to charge twice a day doing the same thing and I don't really want to wipe my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 04:10 PM
    if I remember correctly, android apps are also tied into the "system" percentage. maybe uninstall and reinstall those apps?
    04-21-14 05:01 PM