My battery has been draining fast lately. The last month or so.... 2 weeks even... I have to charge halfway through the day for very light to moderate use.

I ran the Virtual Expert and it says 100% charged (true) and by health it has a yellow circle.

What does that mean exactly? What is the exact meaning of yellow....

I have a Passport with the latest OS.

Help....

Is it possible to replace the battery?
    05-10-17 12:10 AM
    The battery sound pretty used up, download BatteryPal from BBW and share the charging cycles here.

It is possible to replace it if you know how to follow guides and use a screwdriver, I believe the original passport even has some teardown videos on youtube.
    05-10-17 01:31 AM
    Battery Health = Yellow.... what's that mean?-img_20170510_124633.jpg

This is what it shows.

What does it all mean?

I am a heavy BLEND user.... does that wear it down over time? My passport is only 1 year old.
    05-10-17 05:22 PM
    do you leave your browser open? I've found some websites cause the browser to drain the battery.
    have you looked at the device manager to show what apps are using the most battery?
    05-10-17 11:02 PM
    everything listed in device monitor for battery reads >0.01%

I don't leave the browser open... I don't really run apps either. I don't use my phone for crap like that. I use it for email, text and bbm mostly. Of course I'll throw on the browser for a quick search or whatever. Quickly read through my twitter feed at some point in the day, and for an hour at the gym run the fitness app. But that basically sums up my phone usage in a day.

I'd like to know what YELLOW means in terms of health.... it must refer to some sort of metric.... but what is that metric, and what is the exact definition of yellow?
    05-11-17 12:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170510_124633.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	272.9 KB 
ID:	422930

This is what it shows.

What does it all mean?

I am a heavy BLEND user.... does that wear it down over time? My passport is only 1 year old.
    That battery should still be usable by my experiences, when you move on to your next phone I suggest you search for one with a removable battery if you plan to use it for more than 1-2 years.

As for your question of what "yellow" means in this case I can only guess.
    Maybe it counts the charging cycles?
    Or it calculates how big of an charge the battery can still hold compared to what it's designed to?
    Probably one of these two.

If you are unhappy with the battery performance i suggest you try and find an original replacement battery and do a swap, third-party ones usually have a lower capacity than advertised.
    05-11-17 12:29 AM
    Battery Charger (free) or Battery Guru apps can measure battery health in %.
    If it's above 80% I'd advise not to worry. If it's below 60% I'd consider the battery replacement.
    05-11-17 03:15 PM
    My battery has been draining fast lately. The last month or so.... 2 weeks even... I have to charge halfway through the day for very light to moderate use.

I ran the Virtual Expert and it says 100% charged (true) and by health it has a yellow circle.

What does that mean exactly? What is the exact meaning of yellow....

I have a Passport with the latest OS.

Help....

Is it possible to replace the battery?
    Your battery wear level probably at 60% or less, so it has lost about 40% of its original capacity.

My battery wear level is at 85% and BBVE still shows green health.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 05:19 PM
    that's so strange that a phone that is usedless than average and is a year old, charged only once a day, not over charged etc.... would loose life that quickly
    05-12-17 12:06 AM
    that's so strange that a phone that is usedless than average and is a year old, charged only once a day, not over charged etc.... would loose life that quickly
    You must be a heavy user because your Passport is one year old and its battery has 480 cycles already. One cycle is counted when the battery has been charged to its full capacity.

My Z30 is 2.5 year old and it has only 334 battery cycles .

But you're correct it's strange to have it wear out that quick.

It is also possible that the OS has wrongly detect battery capacity. I had seen this in my Galaxy Note, I had to recalibrate /reset the battery statistic to correct it, but I don't think you can do it in BB10 except by doing autoload.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 10:53 AM
    But you're correct it's strange to have it wear out that quick.
    Not really--a general number of 500 cycles for Lithium ion is reasonable. This number of cycles depends heavily on how a person uses their phone. If you are going to run your battery down to 5-10% all the time (or very often), keep your device in a hot place (climate) and other factors that deteriorate the capacity, then you will have poor battery life. To answer one of the OP's questions, Blend does not significantly draw on the battery and should not be the problem. I suspect that the OP has consistently run that battery down. Maybe the OP will confirm? I have had my Passport for more than 2 and 1/2 years, 558 cycles and I'm still green. Ideally you would also like to keep your battery between 25% and 85% but of course that is very hard to do.
    05-12-17 11:33 AM
    OP may have purchased Passport only a year ago, but weren't PP's last manufactured in Nov 2014?

It's possible the battery was defective, but took a few months before displaying the symptoms.

Hmmmm, BBVE say says my battery health is yellow, too.

Edit:

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    Attachment 423161
    Last edited by ppeters914; 05-14-17 at 12:41 AM.
    05-12-17 03:59 PM
    Mine is at 82% health but I ordered a new battery from a Canadian supplier. Should be in on Monday.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    05-13-17 08:37 AM
    How is my battery level? Is my battery still good?
    Battery Health = Yellow.... what's that mean?-img_20170513_212058.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 10:51 AM
    Is my battery still good?
    Yes, it's still good.
    05-13-17 03:34 PM
    Hi

Same happened to my classic. Service center told me the battery and power filter is damaged and replaced them. But yhe yellow indicator is still the same. Not turning green. I called the service center again and they are asking me to bring it back for checks
    07-17-18 10:52 AM