I just had a bad battery drainage this afternoon. Guess what is the cause... Input Services! At about 50% then to 0% in a few hours. Input Services ate 36% battery in past 12 hours and 46% of CPU usage! No way!

Posted via CB10
    I think I found out the reason for my battery drainage. I sideloaded WeChat through Snap. It caused problems of "Input Services" which consumed extremely high battery and CPU usage. I stopped using that version and went back to Wechat in BlackBerry world. Input Services issues is gone. Cell phone is not warm any more. Battery drainage is gone.

I also posted this somewhere else. Hope it helps. Always check and check again the android app you sideloaded. Very trick, it could be disguised as "Input Services " or something else.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-02-15 09:04 PM
    I'll give this a shot. I always had previous phones set to save everything to the SD card because I physically destroy phones at a rate of about 1/yr, haha. I'm having major issues with those files now. No thumbnail views for the 3,000 photos on the card, not viewable in the "pictures" folder, only in File Manager, none of my music is discoverable ("Please install Blend to add music"...and Blend won't run on my PC! Damnit!!)

I'll see if the SD card solves any problems.
    03-04-15 10:52 AM
    I had the same problem. Standby would go as high as 50%. The phone was always warm. After some hard resets it went back to normal for some time. One night I had the battery at 100%, set my alarm, enabled night mode and in the morning the battery was at 17%.

I wiped my passport and only have bb10 apps installed. Now I have 2 days of battery.

I am pretty sure there was a problem with some android apps, as the android player had a lot of cpu usage. I am still in the process to find out which one it was. It sucks because I had no apps sideloaded. All "official".

Edit: I think it was Threema downloaded from Amazon Appstore.

Edit 2: Weird. After the wipe I just started the amazon appstore for the first time to download Threema. I deleted Threema but the battery drain seems to continue. I will wipe again and avoid amazon appstore until they bring an update for the passport.

Edit 3: no battery drain after the last wipe. I have not opened the amazon store yet. I think that was my problem before.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HacklBerry; 03-05-15 at 06:59 AM.
    03-04-15 11:48 AM
    I came off the charger at 8:15am and it's 4.5 hours later and I'm at 28%,...at the time this post was started. My screen brightness is at about 1/3 the scale.

Also, I haven't really used it much today,...as I've been quite busy on the J.O.B.

What gives?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:59 AM
    I set mine to bedside the other night with about 85% battery just after midnight and the damn thing died by around 4am according to Device Monitor and I was late for work, haha.

I pulled the media card....can you guess what time that was at??
    Battery dying faster since upgrading to 10.3.1 on Passport-img_20150304_192313.pngBattery dying faster since upgrading to 10.3.1 on Passport-img_20150304_192329.pngBattery dying faster since upgrading to 10.3.1 on Passport-img_20150304_192346.png

So apparently the phone doesn't like my SD card. Just inserted it again and System CPU usage spiked back up to 50-80% for the last hour.
    03-04-15 07:45 PM
    I wiped mine Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243 and now the device lasts at least a work day. Before it was less than 2-4 hrs. I'd be more happy, if it was couple of days...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:49 PM
    I had the same problem. Standby would go as high as 50%. The phone was always warm. After some hard resets it went back to normal for some time. One night I had the battery at 100%, set my alarm, enabled night mode and in the morning the battery was at 17%.

I wiped my passport and only have bb10 apps installed. Now I have 2 days of battery.

I am pretty sure there was a problem with some android apps, as the android player had a lot of cpu usage. I am still in the process to find out which one it was. It sucks because I had no apps sideloaded. All "official".

Edit: I think it was Threema downloaded from Amazon Appstore.

Edit 2: Weird. After the wipe I just started the amazon appstore for the first time to download Threema. I deleted Threema but the battery drain seems to continue. I will wipe again and avoid amazon appstore until they bring an update for the passport.

Edit 3: no battery drain after the last wipe. I have not opened the amazon store yet. I think that was my problem before.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any issues ever since? Did your phone get warmer again since your last post?
    03-26-15 08:00 AM
    I thought I fixed the problem. But it came back almost every couple of days. I have to turn off the phone, pull out sim card, let it sit for 5 min, insert sim card back, and turn the phone on. During this process, I will lose 30% battery life.

Really frustrated. For business user, Passport should not have this issue.
    03-26-15 08:03 AM
    I'm having phenomenal battery drain and huge lag on my Z10 since upgrading to 10.3.1 last week. I used to get a full work shift (about 6am-7pm) out of the battery with moderate use, only plugging in to charge when I was in the office for an hour mid-day and then again once leaving work. Upgraded last week and now the phone is pooched in under 2 hrs. I have to leave the phone plugged in to the 12v power in my work vehicle all day and all this does is slow the battery drain to about 6 hours. I'm painfully useless when it comes to this kind of tech, haha. Does anyone have any suggestions for a noob Neanderthal like me? I've done a few battery pulls and hard resets, stumbled through Device Monitor to close an apps running in the background....problem persists however. Anyone want to run me thru the first steps/questions I should try to cover off?
    Attachment 337931 Attachment 337932 This downward drain is happening with the phone plugged in to my 12V cigar lighter adapter, then plugged in to the USB charging port on my Toughbook. I've also tried charging off the Sync USB port in the vehicle with no improvement. These options all worked fine for charging previous to OS update. The phone is in standby all day save for a few texts and phone calls. The up-spikes in charging around 4pm and 6pm are when plugged in to 120V power Attachment 337933
    That's not normal... 90% on system usage. Usually I don't recommend wiping, if it can be resolved with other ways, because it's very troublesome, but in this case, it would be safe to say that you might need to wipe your phone. At least try a hard reset, and uninstall the Android Apps in your phone, pull the battery. If that doesn't work, then.. wipe it. With the condition, the phone is completely unusable anyway.
    03-26-15 08:18 AM
    Do you have any issues ever since? Did your phone get warmer again since your last post?
    No problems since than but keep in mind that I didn't start the amazon appstore since than. No android apps sideloaded. After my last post I had very good battery life. Meanwhile I updated to 1779 and the battery life is insane. I have ~2 days of battery with normal to heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:12 AM
    No problems since than but keep in mind that I didn't start the amazon appstore since than. No android apps sideloaded. After my last post I had very good battery life. Meanwhile I updated to 1779 and the battery life is insane. I have ~2 days of battery with normal to heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear. I just uninstalled Amazon appstore. But I still use many android apps. I will see.
    03-26-15 09:15 AM
    I deleted Amazon Appstore two days ago. My Passport's battery is GREAT. No random heating or high CPU usage yet.
    03-28-15 10:17 AM
    How is everyone deleting the amazon app store, won't let me

Posted by Jzamalot
    03-28-15 12:37 PM
    How is everyone deleting the amazon app store, won't let me

Posted by Jzamalot
    I hope someone can explain that to you. I used to install something on my laptop browser to allow me to sideload bar file, for Playbook, etc. When I connect the Passport to my laptop by USB cable, under developer mode, I can delete the app from laptop (not from the phone)
    03-28-15 03:39 PM
    Oh you mean thru the Google Chrome extension??? Even in there I haven't seen the option to delete

Posted by Jzamalot
    03-28-15 08:09 PM
    I think there are probably two files with "amazon" in the name file. One of them I deleted. It did not say "appstore". I just tried and the app store app was gone immediately. Again, I hope someone else might be able to help as well
    03-28-15 09:16 PM
66 123