Battery Consumption - what is Android player please?-img_20180102_063006.jpg

In 12 hours the battery level fell from 100% to 70% night time, didn't use the phone.

The top consumer on the Passport is Skype?! (but I use viber and telegram much much more and skype only from time to time), followed by Android player?! - I only use stock BB OS music player.

What is android player and why skype is so power hungry on my passport?

Update:
    Thank you for clarification of the Android runtime.
    Any ideas why skype is eating so much battery please?
    Last edited by a.petrov; 01-02-18 at 08:57 AM.
    01-02-18 07:40 AM
    It's the Android Runtime... going to be running with most any Android app that you have running. Remember many BBW Apps are Android ports.
    01-02-18 08:08 AM
    Thank you for clarification of the Android runtime.
    01-02-18 08:58 AM
    Because Skype is an android app HUNGRY for resources. It has never been a good app in BB10. You can try disabling "run when minimized" in the App Manager but probably will not be enough. I find that if I disable that function for ALL apps, my battery usage is extended. Go to Settings/App Manager/go to application permissions screen/click on an app/look for the Run when minimized tab/turn it off. Do this for all apps then restart your device. Realize that ALL apps, especially social media apps/communication, are very power hungry. Not much more you can do if you have to have them all on your device.
    01-02-18 09:08 AM
    Because Skype is an android app HUNGRY for resources. It has never been a good app in BB10. You can try disabling "run when minimized" in the App Manager but probably will not be enough. I find that if I disable that function for ALL apps, my battery usage is extended. Go to Settings/App Manager/go to application permissions screen/click on an app/look for the Run when minimized tab/turn it off. Do this for all apps then restart your device. Realize that ALL apps, especially social media apps/communication, are very power hungry. Not much more you can do if you have to have them all on your device.
    Thank you, I will try that.

What is interesting, Viber and Telegram on the same chart used less than 1 % of the battery. i will check their permissions too.
    The next question is then, if someone will contact me while the app is minimized, I will NOT receive that message UNTIL I manually start that app, correct?
    01-02-18 09:23 AM
    update: just went to app manager and straight away I have a question:
    can I uninstall some apps which i don't use, like amazon shopping for example?
    01-02-18 09:35 AM
    01-02-18 09:38 AM
    That's a system app on BB10. Even if you manage to "delete" it, it will just come right back on reboot.
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-02-18 09:44 AM
    Skype is always running in the background because it has some OS level integration so it tends to use a lot of resources (and in turn, so does the Android runtime).

There should be a persistent notification option somewhere in Skype settings, if you disable that it should use fewer resources but you may not get instant notifications.
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-02-18 10:48 AM
    Just delete Skype and Amazon playstore.
    I did it two years ago and have had no problem since.
    And, yes, you can delete Amazon playstore.
    It just spies on you, like Skype.
    That's why it drains the battery.
    Good riddance!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 11:14 PM
    How to remove

Cristi
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-02-18 11:17 PM
    How to remove

Cristi
    You can't. You can "uninstall" the two Amazon apps with Sachesi, but they will return on reboot. Just don't sign in again to keep them dormant.
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-03-18 12:17 AM
    Sachesy?

Cristi
    01-03-18 02:32 AM
    Where I can to find?

Cristi
    01-03-18 02:32 AM
    If you enable Parental Controls through Settings -> Security and Privacy you can remove the Amazon apps but enabling parental controls will reduce other functionality on the device.
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-03-18 10:56 AM
    Skype never closes properly on BB10. After use, you have to manually close it - either from the hub by pressing the bin on the right and then stopp the app or via the device monitor - cpu...

And yep, instant notifications don't work.

Posted via CB10
    a.petrov likes this.
    01-03-18 06:38 PM
    if you have to use Skype use Skype lite https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/skype-lite/ regular Skype is a resource hog on Android or Android runtime.
    01-03-18 06:58 PM
    I agree, Skype Lite is very good, uses less than 1% resources for me

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 03:30 AM
    Could you get skype lite working? Did you make a video call with it? I tried it when it came out and it didn't work when u called someone or were called...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 03:51 AM
    Good question, I only use Skype Lite for messaging, not video calling, sorry. Give the latest version a try and see what mileage you get.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 03:57 AM