I tried for a second Time to get the Cobalt Google files working on my passport. This post is not about that.

Since about that time my battery runs down about one percentage point every minute. It also is running hot.

After the install failed I simply uninstalled the apps from my screen. I did not use Ghost Commander to delete anything.

I do not think it is my antenna because I am still getting good reception. Also I am not running any new android apps.

Is it possible that some of the cobalt files are still operating under the surface and causing my battery to drain?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 02:21 PM
    Unless you are on OS 10.3.2.2876 and haven't patched the Runtime, then no. Once deleted off the home screen, it's gone.
    10-15-17 02:26 PM
    Cobalt's file share:

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

Stop here if all you want is Play Store.

Install Play Services v11.

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

If an app requires Google Play Services:
    Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still won't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    10-15-17 02:42 PM
    I'm not on 10.3.2 but if I were could it be lingering and creating havoc? I can't figure out what else it could be.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 07:22 PM
    I'm not on 10.3.2 but if I were could it be lingering and creating havoc? I can't figure out what else it could be.

Posted via CB10
    Download Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World. You can check to see if anything is still there.

Look for "BlackBerry Google ID", " Google Account Manager", and "Google Play Store" in the list of apps. If they aren't there, you're ok. If they are, delete them.

But again, deletion from Home Screen works on any other OS from the one I mentioned above.
    10-15-17 07:38 PM
    I have a lot of other Android titled files or apks listed as apps in Ghost Commander. Should I delete these?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 11:11 AM
    I have a lot of other Android titled files or apks listed as apps in Ghost Commander. Should I delete these?

Posted via CB10
    No. Unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing in there, you can really mess things up.
    10-17-17 11:55 AM
    I'm getting desperate. Maybe it's just a coincidence and my battery died at the same time. But I think this Passport was bought new less than a year ago.

I will list the various Android pieces I see on Ghost Commander when at a PC.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 01:07 PM
    Now this makes me vary of doing anything andriod on my phone

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 01:43 PM
    Now this makes me vary of doing anything andriod on my phone

Posted via CB10
    I've had great experience with Android apps so don't swear them off. I don't even know if this relates the Conite Playstore or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:34 PM
    I've had great experience with Android apps so don't swear them off. I don't even know if this relates the Conite Playstore or not.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mate, that was me being paranoid I guess, I installed Uber and it works just fine so far

Thanks for encouragement anyway! See you around

Posted via CB10
    10-18-17 01:01 AM
    Thanks mate, that was me being paranoid I guess, I installed Uber and it works just fine so far

Thanks for encouragement anyway! See you around

Posted via CB10
    You installed Uber with the Conite apps? Is not that the only way?
    10-19-17 09:55 PM
    I need to resurrect this thread.

Conite (or anyone else), here are just some the Android apps that appear in Ghost Commander that seem strange to me and might be causing my battery issues:

1. Android Live Wallpapers

2. Android System

3. Basic Daydreams

4. Blackberry App World In-app Billing

5. Blackberry Keyboard

6. Camera

The list goes on and would take too long for me to list.

Are these just Blackberry Android files that form the Android runtime in BB10?

Thanks.
    10-19-17 09:59 PM
    You installed Uber with the Conite apps? Is not that the only way?
    Well, as far as I understand one has to load android environment ( cobalt thing) and then one can try to get patched and unpatched versions of app. Thats it. Sometimes and some apps would work and other would not. There is a patcher thing which you use to patch any application you want. Try and wait and see if it works. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 10:16 PM
    I need to resurrect this thread.

Conite (or anyone else), here are just some the Android apps that appear in Ghost Commander that seem strange to me and might be causing my battery issues:

1. Android Live Wallpapers

2. Android System

3. Basic Daydreams

4. Blackberry App World In-app Billing

5. Blackberry Keyboard

6. Camera

The list goes on and would take too long for me to list.

Are these just Blackberry Android files that form the Android runtime in BB10?

Thanks.
    Just the basic system files.

In order for the Android Runtime to work, it has to "see" the apps that Android normally needs to function. Many of these are just stubs, redirects, etc.
    10-19-17 10:28 PM
    Just the basic system files.

In order for the Android Runtime to work, it has to "see" the apps that Android normally needs to function. Many of these are just stubs, redirects, etc.
    Is this BlackBerry stuff or remnants of my Cobalt install attempt of something else?

My battery drain is so bad and it's not the battery because it's running hot. So Android or something is spinning its wheels.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 02:57 AM
    These files are part of the OS. My apps don't drain your battery. Especially not if you removed them.
    10-20-17 05:57 AM
    Is this BlackBerry stuff or remnants of my Cobalt install attempt of something else?

My battery drain is so bad and it's not the battery because it's running hot. So Android or something is spinning its wheels.

Posted via CB10
    What Cobalt said.

Open device monitor. Look at "current cpu". Let it settle for 5 minutes, then take a screenshot and post it.
    10-20-17 06:10 AM
    I am not sure if a screenshot will be that useful because the values change so much. If I close all of the apps and then observe the CPU usage, I can see that "system" goes from 2% all the way to about 15%. It bounces around even without apps open.

My Passport is still running warm and battery consumption is high.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 02:52 PM
    I am not sure if a screenshot will be that useful because the values change so much. If I close all of the apps and then observe the CPU usage, I can see that "system" goes from 2% all the way to about 15%. It bounces around even without apps open.

My Passport is still running warm and battery consumption is high.

Posted via CB10
    Leave it for half an hour and see if it ever settles to idle (2-5%).
    10-23-17 07:20 AM
    I will try this but I wonder if the Dropbox app could be causing this. If the CPU is in the top right of the device, it's running Ike crazy and heating up.

I hate doing destructive wipes because I have to rebuild the phone and I lose important messages.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 12:54 PM
    I let it sit for 30 minutes or so and the system is idling at around an average of 25% and fluctuates around 15-30%. It's still running very warm. Nothing else is running high or even above 2%.

If the older BB10 version could have an Android hangover after uninstalling the Cobalt files, couldn't the latest one? I can't think of a better explanation for what has taken over my Passport's CPU.
    10-23-17 11:11 PM
    Again: If the apps are removed, they are gone. There can not be any battery impact from apps that have been removed.
    10-24-17 04:14 AM
    I let it sit for 30 minutes or so and the system is idling at around an average of 25% and fluctuates around 15-30%. It's still running very warm. Nothing else is running high or even above 2%.

If the older BB10 version could have an Android hangover after uninstalling the Cobalt files, couldn't the latest one? I can't think of a better explanation for what has taken over my Passport's CPU.
    Hold power button down until phone restarts. Wait 30 minutes and check idle CPU again.

If it's still above 5%, something is corrupted and you will have to run an autoloader.

https://mega.nz/#!hMI1GS6C!-g77DzNbq...QLrlWk78FSXqxk
    10-24-17 06:27 AM