Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to tell which bands are currently being used on a specific BB10 device with a specific carrier?

I'm on a Passport SE with Freedom Mobile. I haven't get their LTE service even though my phone has the proper bands for it as I think they have blocked BlackBerry 10 on that front.

I believe my phone is currently running off of band 4 with Freedom but I don't know how to confirm?? I want to see how long I will be able to use BlackBerry 10 devices for calls and texts with Freedom before they switch some of the bands for different uses.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-19 03:49 PM
    Varies by model but since you noted Passport, you'll find the supported info here - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...encies-961279/ I'm not sure of any BlackBerry 10 apps remaining that will give you the info you need, but there's plenty of Android ones that will help. Just need to find one that still runs on the old Runtime. F-Droid will also have some as well - https://search.f-droid.org/?q=network&lang=en
    02-13-19 04:08 PM
    ah yes ... i was also going to mention Raino. He would always post the models and various band frequencies. He was an amazing contributor here and had a wealth of information. Is he still around?
    02-13-19 04:31 PM
    Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to tell which bands are currently being used on a specific BB10 device with a specific carrier?

I'm on a Passport SE with Freedom Mobile. I haven't get their LTE service even though my phone has the proper bands for it as I think they have blocked BlackBerry 10 on that front.

I believe my phone is currently running off of band 4 with Freedom but I don't know how to confirm?? I want to see how long I will be able to use BlackBerry 10 devices for calls and texts with Freedom before they switch some of the bands for different uses.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Curves, just to be sure I understand the question, you're wanting to know which bands are actually currently in use by a particular phone with a given carrier, not which bands the phone supports regardless of carrier, yes?
    02-13-19 07:08 PM