07-17-17 09:28 PM
60 123
tools
    Mind reading was not my best subject in college.

Do you mean the browser itself?

Joel
    It's the post#16. Yes mainly the browser. Nothing to do with the GUI.

Via del virtual
    07-16-17 01:59 PM
    There are no GPU specific tests in VE, just display tests so we can't test the GPU under load...

Via del virtual
    Yeah they only have basic Display tests in VE, if those turn out ok you can try playing some 3D games from BlackBerry World to test the GPU but other than that, the only thing I can think of trying is a wipe or autoload at this point (if you're comfortable with doing it).
    07-16-17 02:29 PM
    Yeah they only have basic Display tests in VE, if those turn out ok you can try playing some 3D games from BlackBerry World to test the GPU but other than that, the only thing I can think of trying is a wipe or autoload (if you're comfortable with doing it).
    Yes I am, problem is I don't have where to load with Sachesi. I did this recently though, a few months ago. One over other, I don't recommend this version, if possible to keep at the 10.3.2.1474 would be better, especially for Youtube playback in the backround or when the browser is pushed in the active frames. This is the other Android thing I forgot to talk about, besides the reloaded and lost content with the multitasking tabs.

Via del virtual
    07-16-17 02:37 PM
    It's the post#16. Yes mainly the browser. Nothing to do with the GUI.

Via del virtual
    Then what's that got to do with BlackBerry and the browser?

You do realize that the website designers decide how a web page looks. Not the browser itself. It just does the best it can to display what it's given.

I think your complaint is misplaced on that point.

Joel
    07-16-17 03:00 PM
    Yes I am, problem is I don't have where to load with Sachesi. I did this recently though, a few months ago. One over other, I don't recommend this version, if possible to keep at the 10.3.2.1474 would be better, especially for Youtube playback in the backround or when the browser is pushed in the active frames. This is the other Android thing I forgot to talk about, besides the reloaded and lost content with the multitasking tabs.

Via del virtual
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to roll back to older releases (it was a security change they made in 10.3.2). The Youtube playback issue is a change they made on their end so it also impacts 10.3.2 users as well, other sites should still play content in the background just fine though (unless they use similar rules). I think there might be apps on BB World that will allow you to play Youtube videos in the background but I haven't used them.

Edit: If you want to continue using the browser for Youtube playback, if you switch Youtube to desktop mode it should still work when the browser is minimized.
    07-16-17 03:10 PM
    So... just a thought, is it possible Z30 users who are have "lots of issues" since jumping to .2205 have a different phone version than those of us (like moi, on my 100-5) who are not?
    07-16-17 05:30 PM
    So... just a thought, is it possible Z30 users who are have "lots of issues" since jumping to .2205 have a different phone version than those of us (like moi, on my 100-5) who are not?
    didn't hear about issues like these. The only phone I know of which might have such an issue could be a Z10 STL 100-1 the TI version, 3G only, version.

Via del virtual
    07-17-17 02:23 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to roll back to older releases (it was a security change they made in 10.3.2). The Youtube playback issue is a change they made on their end so it also impacts 10.3.2 users as well, other sites should still play content in the background just fine though (unless they use similar rules). I think there might be apps on BB World that will allow you to play Youtube videos in the background but I haven't used them.

Edit: If you want to continue using the browser for Youtube playback, if you switch Youtube to desktop mode it should still work when the browser is minimized.
    Don't believe the Youtube issues to be on their end but a change in the standard browser, this is my opinion. I agree on the other things.
    Thank you.

Via del virtual
    07-17-17 02:27 PM
    Don't believe the Youtube issues to be on their end but a change in the standard browser, this is my opinion. I agree on the other things.
    Thank you.

Via del virtual
    Um, it's well known and documented elsewhere that it is a change on youtube's end. Particularly, the mobile version of the site.

Stop blaming the browser for the way web designers changed their websites. That's like blaming your car on road construction that changed the interstate from concrete to asphalt.

Joel
    07-17-17 08:42 PM
    The BB10 browser has been essentially unchanged for many years. Perhaps the added code for anti-phishing in 10.3.3 is causing the problem, though I'd expect it to be more wide-spread. A singular issue seems more hardware related to me. A fresh autoloader download and installation, with testing before a restore or any app installation would be the best potential solution.
    07-17-17 09:28 PM
60 123