Hello everyone,

I own a Z10 for almost 2 years now, so I decided that I wanted a new phone. I bought the BB Passport, which came in yesterday by mail. Where I hoped it would be a easy switch, they opposite is happening. I found out that the Back-up and Switch device function isn't currently working anymore for my Z10. I've been trying a ton of things to get it resolved, but nothing seems to help. I contacted BB support via Twitter a lot of times, but they told me to contact my carrier for support. Unfortunately my carrier doesn't support BlackBerry anymore, even the vendor doesn't know how to reach Technical support by phone.

Problem:
    When connecting the Z10 to a computer, it recognizes the phone. BB Link shows it as well and I'm able to access the files on it via my computer. When trying to make a back-up, it keeps hanging on 'computing backup data' and ultimately it gives a error 'Backup did not compete'. Sometimes it will continue to the next stage 'Preparing to back up', but then it fails after a hour or so at 0% done.

I tried to do the job on a Win 7, Win 8.1, Win XP and OS X machines, but it's all the same. I've rebooted my phone and computers many times, but it doesn't help. I don't know the App 'PC recipe' (read about it in the forums) so I won't be able to delete that as well
    I really need a full backup/switch, as settings and phone logs are really important for me. The online switch (via deviceswitch.com) isn't able to transfer all necessary data.

Anyone knows how to get BB Link working or have a good alternative full backup solution is very welcome!

Best regards,

Melvin
    02-06-15 09:18 AM
    What i would do is uninstall link, then d/l blend which you will find here,

BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada

And when you install it gives you the most up to date of both, blend and link, you will need it for the passport anyways.
    02-06-15 10:17 AM
    Thanks, I'v already installed the newest version of Link and Blend on all systems. Just to clarify: The Passport does make backups with Link, only the Z10 doesn't make any progress.

Tips I found in the forum, which didn't help either:

- Turn off BlackBerry Protect
    - Turn off (and back on) Flight mode

Please, help!
    Last edited by Melvin-NL; 02-06-15 at 05:00 PM.
    02-06-15 11:13 AM
    Still haven't found a solution to fix this problem and switch to my new Passport. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
    02-11-15 11:23 AM
    Still haven't found a solution to fix this problem and switch to my new Passport. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
    Device Switch - BlackBerry World

To get started:

* On your new BlackBerry 10 device, tap Download at the top of this screen and install the app.
    * Open the Device Switch app and complete the instructions on the screen to download the Device Switch app on your other device.
    * Connect both of your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    * To transfer your data, complete the instructions on the screen.

For more information, visit Device Switch - US

This might work for you and allow you to bypass Link/Blend, which does not seem to be working too well or at all on the "Z".
    02-11-15 01:16 PM