Has anyone been able to backup or restore phone since updating to 10.3.3.1435? I backed up phone before upgrading to this version. Now i want to backup my phone, and blackberry link fails. Even tried restoring to previous backup, but that don't work either. Thanks
    01-09-17 10:50 PM
    You're better off avoiding BlackBerry Link like the plague.

Keep your clean install. In the future, use Ultimate Backup from BBW.
    01-09-17 11:26 PM
    Has anyone been able to backup or restore phone since updating to 10.3.3.1435? I backed up phone before upgrading to this version. Now i want to backup my phone, and blackberry link fails. Even tried restoring to previous backup, but that don't work either. Thanks
    Yes. I am able to backup my spare z10 with the update on Link. Works fine but not sure about the restore--have not done that.
    01-09-17 11:33 PM
    Updated to 1463 and phone is backing up. What else did they fix?
    02-05-17 07:40 PM
    What is the latest version for Passport

Posted via the  P a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    03-16-17 09:23 PM
    You're better off avoiding BlackBerry Link like the plague.

Keep your clean install. In the future, use Ultimate Backup from BBW.
    I'm curious. Other than the issues some have had with Windows 10 and iTunes, what's the issue with Link? I haven't noticed any problems on my Win10 machines (without iTunes) .

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-17-17 06:11 PM
    Ever since my upgrade and windows 10 I haven't been able to backup either. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 11:56 PM
    Link is a hot mess, always has been. Windows 10 just made it worse for some. I like Backup Pro for backups.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 12:04 AM
    I don't think windows 10 is to blame for the BlackBerry Link problem because it also happens with Windows 7 as well. In my case, I found out that the problem began after I upgraded iTunes to version 12.5. However, I later found out that renaming or deleting the iTunesPrefs.xml file resolved the problem. So it's always a good idea to investigate how other applications affect each other first before drawing conclusions.
    03-25-17 11:11 AM
    i have 2 passports, one on 10.3.2 and the other with the latest 10.3.3 release. the one with the newer os does not back up on link while the other one does. is there a solution to this?
    03-29-17 08:39 AM
    Facing same issue with Classic, although i was able to take backup 2 times by hard resting the device several times and turning off all its communications but it was a hit and miss and very inconvinient
    04-27-17 12:13 AM
    I had the same problem. Backed up the phone using windows 10 and BB Link, upgraded to 10.3.3 and was unable to restore the backup or create a new backup.

I've tried to install and use Link on another windows 10 machines without success. What worked for me was using a windows 7 machine with freshly installed OS and Link and I was able to restore the backup.

What may also be important - I've restored the backup without signing up with my BB ID. I wanted to do so but Link claimed that it cannot log in and that I should check my internet connection, which of course was working fine.
    06-27-17 04:47 AM
    I have used Link for backup/restore several times with Q10 and Passport in past.
    Few days ago I tried to create new backup and failed. The Link could see my Passport SE and display and open files but backup function didn't work. I got the message something like "your phone is not connected...".
    Have read several threads on the topic, reinstalled Link, restarted the phone and PC, ... went mad.

And then I changed the cable...
    First cable was from my Q10 original charger and I used it for several years for charging and for files transfer between my phones and PC/laptops.
    Second cable was found in my drawers. I don't remember where it came from, probably from one of my Playbooks. That second cable was thicker, at least 30% more in diameter compared to the first one.
    And it worked! Backup began immediately and was completed without a glitch.

Why it depends on a cable - I have no idea. May be some BB expert could explain.
    08-02-17 06:03 AM
    I cant even get Blackberry link to OPEN when i double click on it. and Yes i just downladed the newest version hoping that would fix the problem. Still at square 1!!
    08-03-17 12:00 PM