Hi. Thinking of getting the Silver Passport, coming from White Passport. Some questions about BB backup and restore:

Will it backup my Android related stuff like Cobalt's GPS, Google Play Store and apps installed from there?

Will it backup my Amazon App Store apps?

Will it backup my home pages structure, app folders, etc?

Will it backup my wallpaper choice (installed from outside source)?

Thanks!
    -BRJ
    08-07-15 06:56 AM
    I recently did a restore on my z30 after auto loading 2339. It kept everything except Snap, which was side loaded. The only issue I had with Cobalt's apps was the Google I'D kept giving me the "password update " notification. On Cobalt's advice, I deleted the Google account app, rebooted, and reinstalled. Was all good after that.

You need to do a custom backup and make sure the "include executables " box is checked.

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-07-15 02:43 PM
    I recently did a restore on my z30 after auto loading 2339. It kept everything except Snap, which was side loaded. The only issue I had with Cobalt's apps was the Google I'D kept giving me the "password update " notification. On Cobalt's advice, I deleted the Google account app, rebooted, and reinstalled. Was all good after that.

You need to do a custom backup and make sure the "include executables " box is checked.

Thanks. How do I do a custom backup and where is the "include executables" located? Is this in BB Link?
    08-07-15 03:00 PM
    Yes, in Link. May be able to do it in Sachesi or Darcy but I haven't tried.

In link just go to backups, select custom backup and look for the check box at the bottom

08-07-15 03:47 PM
    Any advice on how to backup my Z30 using Link on Windows 7?
    I can currently access the windows7 PC using the Z30 but cannot access the Z30 using Windows. Says "Cannot Communicate with Device". Sigh.... this is why I left iOS and Android in the first place.
    No wonder people never bother backing up ANY device. I feel like it would be easier to factory reset and start over.
    Someone prove me wrong please??!!

To answer the question "Why are you wanting to do a reset?" , I need to send device away for warranty repair to the earpiece which is distorted. So I want to do a full backup > factory reset >> full restore when I get the phone back. Should be simple, no?

"Why have I waited so long to switch to BlackBerry?", said I.
    08-12-15 03:02 PM
    Any advice on how to backup my Z30 using Link on Windows 7?
    I can currently access the windows7 PC using the Z30 but cannot access the Z30 using Windows. Says "Cannot Communicate with Device". Sigh.... this is why I left iOS and Android in the first place.
    No wonder people never bother backing up ANY device. I feel like it would be easier to factory reset and start over.
    Someone prove me wrong please??!!

To answer the question "Why are you wanting to do a reset?" , I need to send device away for warranty repair to the earpiece which is distorted. So I want to do a full backup > factory reset >> full restore when I get the phone back. Should be simple, no?

"Why have I waited so long to switch to BlackBerry?", said I.
    Sometimes it's the cord. You can try a different one. I've had connection issues before. Sometimes if you disconnect the device, shut it off completely, then plug it back into the computer, it will turn back on and connect properly.

08-12-15 05:35 PM