So I have a TON of notes from my BBOS 4, 5, 6, and 7 days that I transferred from my 9900 to my Z10 and now live in the remember app. My backups have now gotten ridiculous over the 20 different OS' I have an I want to back up ONLY my remember notes.

I have already tried moving the notes to the integrated Evernote but there isn't an option to move them. Is there any way I can back up JUST my memos? Or has anyone successfully moved memos from remember to Evernote?
    12-20-13 12:31 PM
    I would like a solution to this as well. Remember needs to store its files SEPARATE from the rest of the OS. I sometimes accidentally delete photos or audio notes I've placed in remember by deleting the files through Camera or File Manager. A backup is so necessary as installing leaks wipe everything.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-20-13 01:05 PM
    You should post this on the beta discussion in the beta zone app on BlackBerry 10.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35142896

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    Last edited by GSM-S; 12-20-13 at 02:26 PM.
    12-20-13 01:06 PM
    What beta? Can you explain?
    12-20-13 01:12 PM
    Use Fire Chest Backup to securely back up Remember entries.
    miker476 and jlc0312 like this.
    12-20-13 01:14 PM
    Use Fire Chest Backup to securely back up Remember entries.
    does this still mess up notes when you restore? especially if you have a mix of evernote connected and local remember notes?
    or are those issues fixed now?
    12-20-13 01:30 PM
    I have not done a restore in a long time, so I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 02:43 PM
    I have not done a restore in a long time, so I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    Last time I did it, it converted all evernotes notes, into locally stored remember notes, ... converted the remote folders to local etc... - and the remote evernotes were deleted from the cloud as well... there are No way in remember to easily change took me days to fix back... not good.
    12-20-13 02:54 PM
    There is a perfectly good app which doesn't require cloud storage, and will backup Remember notes:

All-Notes Backup - BlackBerry World
    12-20-13 03:39 PM
    Fire Chest has worked flawlessly for me. It will store them in your Dropbox cloud -- encrypted if you want.
    AshDeezy likes this.
    12-20-13 03:43 PM
    Fire Chest has worked flawlessly for me. It will store them in your Dropbox cloud -- encrypted if you want.
    This does exactly what I need it to. Thanks a bunch

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 02:12 PM
    This does exactly what I need it to. Thanks a bunch

Posted via CB10
    When backing up the Remember app, Fire Chest Backup will also hunt down any attachments (voice memo's, images, etc) and back them up safely together with the text notes.
    AshDeezy likes this.
    01-01-14 09:06 PM
    So what happens when you restore Remember files? Do you get duplicates?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 09:14 PM
    does this still mess up notes when you restore? especially if you have a mix of evernote connected and local remember notes?
    or are those issues fixed now?
    These issues with Evernote are not fixed. Will look at it shortly. Very busy here. Current timeline:

- Release version 2 with a slew of additional backup options and Box/SD card support (almost complete!)
    - Add multilingual support (Spanish, German, Chinese, Hindi, Thai).
    - Add scheduled backup feature (waiting for long running headless API from BB).
    - Release Android version with view to making data interchangeable between both ecosystems.

Also have other apps releasing soon.
    01-01-14 09:19 PM
    There is a perfectly good app which doesn't require cloud storage, and will backup Remember notes:

All-Notes Backup - BlackBerry World
    This will NOT restore them to remember, unfortunately. I tried and it failed miserably.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:10 AM
    This will NOT restore them to remember, unfortunately. I tried and it failed miserably.

Well that's interesting, are you saying it's basically useless? What did the developer have to say? What OS version are you using?
    01-03-14 08:36 AM
    Well that's interesting, are you saying it's basically useless? What did the developer have to say? What OS version are you using?
    I can't find the email from him but it basically quoted the app description and was not at all helpful. The words are carefully chosen so it doesn't actually say it will restore to your remember app. Now I'm on 1925 but at the time I was on an official build.

Single-finger-flickin-fun from the BEST damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    01-03-14 06:14 PM
    It does create a backup or sorts that you can only open in the app. You cannot restore to remember

Single-finger-flickin-fun from the BEST damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    01-03-14 06:28 PM
    It does create a backup or sorts that you can only open in the app. You cannot restore to remember

Well perhaps I need to rescind my recommendation then.

It got a couple of good reviews on BlackBerry World but at this point I don't trust the reviews there any more at all, since they are so easy for software developers to manipulate.
    01-03-14 07:03 PM
    Well perhaps I need to rescind my recommendation then.

It got a couple of good reviews on BlackBerry World but at this point I don't trust the reviews there any more at all, since they are so easy for software developers to manipulate.
    I can confirm that Fire Chest Backup works wonderfully. Finally got all my notes from my 10 over to my 30. I was really getting tired of trying to copy them all to new Evernote notes, especially since many have been with me since OS 5 days. Give it a shot. If you're backing anything else up it may take a while, same with encryption, but if just the notes then it goes very quickly.

01-06-14 01:14 PM