What can I use for backup? I have tried Link and Sachesi but they run into the same problem with most of my phones.

At some point in the backup, it just stalls and never makes progress. With a lot of trial and error, I can de-select a bunch of apps and it will finally backup, but what is the point of a partial backup?
    Cannot figure out why it is happening, doesn't seem to be a specific app, there are several that cause the problem and it's not the same on all my phones!

Any ideas?
    04-17-21 09:14 PM
    What can I use for backup? I have tried Link and Sachesi but they run into the same problem with most of my phones.

At some point in the backup, it just stalls and never makes progress. With a lot of trial and error, I can de-select a bunch of apps and it will finally backup, but what is the point of a partial backup?
    Cannot figure out why it is happening, doesn't seem to be a specific app, there are several that cause the problem and it's not the same on all my phones!

Any ideas?
    Try Ultimate Backup?

Buy Ultimate Backup For BlackBerry 10
    04-17-21 09:54 PM
    That does not appear to be a full system backup, just data.
    I am looking for options for full system backup, or at least some understanding why the normal backup process stalls when certain apps are included.

I have tried re-starting, killing all unnecessary processes, turning on Flight Mode, nothing works, still hangs on some apps for some reason like it's locked and waiting for access
    04-18-21 10:59 AM
    I am looking for options for full system backup, or at least some understanding why the normal backup process stalls when certain apps are included.

I have tried re-starting, killing all unnecessary processes, turning on Flight Mode, nothing works, still hangs on some apps for some reason like it's locked and waiting for access
    Link has been and is a mess ever since it was released. Some people have all kinds of problems and others have no trouble with it (including me). If you search here on CB you will find lots of things to try, but unfortunately many can never seem to solve the problems. Try running Link in Windows 7 compatibility mode, fool around with SMB-1 settings and plenty of other ideas. Uninstall Link and BB software totally (including leftover files in the registry) and reinstall. Try different (and hopefully a BB branded usb cable, different usb ports on your computer etc etc. Sorry but that's all you can do.
    04-18-21 11:08 AM

Any particular reason you want to back up the system?

I know it's a bit of a pain, but I learned long ago to ignore the system when backing up with Link. All that did was copy over problems in the previous setup and issues that occurred that caused me to have to reload the OS - which was usually why I would have to do a backup in the first place.

I'd just write down all the things I usually change with my setup and refer to that after reloading the OS. Things like texts were backed up separately with SMS Backup. All my contacts and calendar information is in one of two Exchange accounts that I'd just re-sign into after setup anyway. The biggest pain was resetting all the notification sounds and LED settings, but I'd have to re-copy the few non-BB10 sounds from my SD card anyway. There were still a few old BBOS sounds I still like to use - even to this day on my S20 FE (I changed the default notification sound in that Samsung phone to the default BB10 "Essential" sound and use an old tone going back to at least BBOS 4 for one of my email accounts).
    04-18-21 12:36 PM
    Link has been and is a mess ever since it was released. Some people have all kinds of problems and others have no trouble with it (including me). If you search here on CB you will find lots of things to try, but unfortunately many can never seem to solve the problems. Try running Link in Windows 7 compatibility mode, fool around with SMB-1 settings and plenty of other ideas. Uninstall Link and BB software totally (including leftover files in the registry) and reinstall. Try different (and hopefully a BB branded usb cable, different usb ports on your computer etc etc. Sorry but that's all you can do.
    That's not the problem. Both Link and Sachesi see any/all of my BB10 devices just fine. I've not had a problem with any of my Windows 10 or 7 machines

The issue is that I can only do a partial backup, I need to exclude some apps to prevent the backup from stalling at some point. Link itself never crashes, never hangs. It just, for example, gets stuck at 6% completion forever unless I de-select specific apps from the backup (and it's not clear which ones as it seems to differ from device to device). I thought Sachesi would be different but it still seems subject to the same issue for some reason.

The reason I want complete backups is...well to be able to completely restore my entire system! For example, I have a backup Passport ready, if my primary one dies, I can just restore the entire image and carry on. I've done this across devices before, I just restore and I'm immediately in operation again very quickly.
    Perhaps not as much of a concern if BB10 were alive, but with BlackBerry World due to shut down (and many apps already not available), this is the only way to make sure I'm up and running as before.
    04-18-21 09:46 PM
    That's not the problem. Both Link and Sachesi see any/all of my BB10 devices just fine. I've not had a problem with any of my Windows 10 or 7 machines

The issue is that I can only do a partial backup, I need to exclude some apps to prevent the backup from stalling at some point. Link itself never crashes, never hangs. It just, for example, gets stuck at 6% completion forever unless I de-select specific apps from the backup (and it's not clear which ones as it seems to differ from device to device). I thought Sachesi would be different but it still seems subject to the same issue for some reason.

The reason I want complete backups is...well to be able to completely restore my entire system! For example, I have a backup Passport ready, if my primary one dies, I can just restore the entire image and carry on. I've done this across devices before, I just restore and I'm immediately in operation again very quickly.
    Perhaps not as much of a concern if BB10 were alive, but with BlackBerry World due to shut down (and many apps already not available), this is the only way to make sure I'm up and running as before.
    Yep, I understood your problem but I'm saying that Link has never worked properly for some and all kinds of issues happen, not just that it won't see your device. It will just quit for seemingly no reason whatsoever while doing a backup or restore. I know I'm no help with my comments but that's just the way it is. Other than experimenting to find which apps are conflicting there's not much you can do imo.
    04-18-21 09:59 PM

Any ideas?
    Link use to work if you use selective backup and backup apps only. On the other hand if bbid is shut down we can't restore those apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-21 10:58 PM

FYI... good chance when they shutdown the services next year, that the BBID security feature will prevent you from using LINK anymore with your device, as there won't be a BBID verification service anymore. You need to learn to do without BlackBerry's features - BlackBerry World, LINK, BLEND, Maps, BBM, Assistant... if you can't live without these, you'll need a new phone.

Don't know of any fix for data corruption in the BB database, but once it happens... it's best to avoid the components that cause LINK to get stuck. You just have to move on wit a limited backup, and start over with that component.
    04-19-21 08:26 AM