Is there any software to backup native binary apps in files?
    I would like to have a local folder with some apps in files, and be able to install them even if i have not internet.
    Similarly to android apks, which you can store and install in any moment. And even you can save different versions of the same app, and would restore an older one if last one were worse

What do u think?
    09-13-15 10:51 AM
    Well you can't even install .bar files like Android APK's
    09-13-15 10:59 AM
    Not for native apps, no. You'd need a computer to sideload them anyway.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    dpgo likes this.
    09-13-15 10:59 AM
    Sorry, I am quite new in BB world. What do you mean with "to sideload"?
    A technical question about native apps is, are native apps compiled for QNX and BB APIs when installed?
    are interpreted? I would like to know more about how it works

Not for native apps, no. You'd need a computer to sideload them anyway.

09-16-15 02:24 PM
    A technical question about native apps is, are native apps compiled for QNX and BB APIs when installed?
    Sideloading means actually installing an Application manually, you cannot do that with Native .bar packages.

Native Apps are all compiled by the developer into one package, like every other OS, just the Installer is restricted on BB10.
    09-16-15 04:25 PM
    A bar file (native BlackBerry app) needs to be loaded onto the device from a computer using a program like Sachesi. So even if you had a repository of bar files on your device, you would need a computer to install them anyway.

dpgo likes this.
    09-16-15 04:37 PM
    I checked the Sachesi app and it looks a very usefool tool.

"...Sachesi allows you to extract, search for and (un)install Blackberry firmware. It also allows you to backup, restore, wipe, reboot and nuke....."

As in following post, the screenshot associated to "backup" function is missing, backup is enabled to extract and create individual backups of app packages?

I suppose i will install sachesi on my pc, but now I can't

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

A bar file (native BlackBerry app) needs to be loaded onto the device from a computer using a program like Sachesi. So even if you had a repository of bar files on your device, you would need a computer to install them anyway.

09-18-15 01:25 PM
    I managed to execute Sachesi, and make a backup of application data (system+data) in a .bbb file.
    but i couldn�t unselect apps and select specific contents (maybe it is the standard behaviour)

Questions:
    is it possible to restore specific contents from this .bbb backup file?
    is there any way to save in .bar files those apps available to install from BBW or Amazon?

I'd like to be able to install some apps even if in future i had not access to internet)
    10-11-15 01:24 PM
    I am using the 'apk extractor' (free soft) to make backups of my Android apps.
    Curiously in the list of apps I can see apps which I supposed they were BlackBerry native, such as BBM, App World, contacts and Phone.
    Is it a mistake?
    Are they really based in Android?

On the other hand I was expecting to see there Navfree app which supposedly is an Android port and I cannot find there. Isn't it rare?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:08 PM