I find myself in a bit of a predicament and would like to hear some opinions from other BlackBerry fellow users.

I'm currently rocking an awesome Z30. One of the reasons I had kept myself using BlackBerry was the physical keyboard, yet the Z30 has a truly amazing touchscreen keyboard. I can almost say I don't miss the physical one at all!

I've used BlackBerry since the times of the Pearl 8100 and only briefly used an Android device for about 4 months in a country where BIS was not available in pay as you go (had an unlocked 9700 then).

Likewise, I keep my older 9800 Torch (use foreign SIM card and WiFi for WhatsApp, no BIS) as backup to my Z30 and also because I had purchased a few games in BBOS. Even though the trackpad is no longer working, touchscreen and keyboard function just fine.

Last October my BB10 experience began, after the Torch's trackpad malfunction. I first bought a Q5, then in December had a chance to switch to a Q10 and gave my gf the Q5. But then a good deal here in Mexico appeared a few weeks ago, where I was able to get a Z30 for the equivalent of $450-460 US dollars, out of contract and payable in 13 months. So I jumped on the Z boat, gave my gf the Q10 and she handed me back the Q5. The idea was to try and sell the later to get some of my investment back.

I know us Crackberrys are fond of keeping several BBs, but being honest, would it be truly functional and justifiable to keep the Q5 instead of selling it?

As I've mentioned, I have a Z30 and 9800 as backup (which after all has a different OS). So what use would I have for the Q5? If I can't justify this to myself, I might as well just sell it...

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your opinions and reasons why you keep a back up device, if at all. And also, whether you prefer different OS, platform, or the same on your backup device?

P.S. Can the games I've bought for the Torch with OS 6 run on a device with OS 7?

Love my Q10 but now it's Z30 time!!!
    04-27-14 02:27 AM
    Not sure on the game question. But I use my Z10 to test leaks and a possible backup phone. Also my wife is tempted to get a Z30 (that is what I have now) so at times I throw my sim into the Z10 and let her play with my 30 in days she wants to.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:37 AM
    Cheers! The thing is my gf now has my older Q10, so the Q5 is stored away in a drawer practically brand new.

Kind of makes me sad it's not being used, as it's an awesome device and was my first BB10 after all. In all honesty, it doesn't offer anything my Z30 wouldn't (unlike my old Torch, which has games I've bought in the past and are not available on BB10).

Any more thoughts on this back up device subject?

04-27-14 11:44 PM
    Cheers! The thing is my gf now has my older Q10, so the Q5 is stored away in a drawer practically brand new.

Kind of makes me sad it's not being used, as it's an awesome device and was my first BB10 after all. In all honesty, it doesn't offer anything my Z30 wouldn't (unlike my old Torch, which has games I've bought in the past and are not available on BB10).

Any more thoughts on this back up device subject?

Only thing I can think of in your case is save it as a backup for the Q10 or run leaks on it. Last of all you could sell it in the crackberry marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:55 PM