I have some very important information saved in Remember and Password Keeper. I have been backing up my Q10 onto Link on a regular basis, expecting these two systems are being saved.

!. Does anyone know for sure if Link backs-up these two programmes ?

2. If yes, then are they saved locally on my laptop via Link, or remotely accessed from any computer accessing Link ?

Thanks folks for your insights !
    10-12-14 09:37 PM
    To my knowledge there is no way to back up password keeper Via Link. You can export it to your SDE card just remember if you encrypt you will only be able put it back on that device. As far as remember I put everything in Evernote and then have it sync to remember. That way when I wipe my phone I just sign back into Evernote and it pulls all my stuff back in and then it links back to remember. Good luck and hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:54 PM
    Wrong
    Link is doing an excellent backup of password keeper.
    Furthermore you can manually back it up from the menu inside password keeper end export the data encrypted or not, to your SD or wherever you like.
    I always do both just to be on the safe side.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-12-14 10:14 PM
    Sorry for stating misinformation. I was aware That password keeper was backed up via Link. I was under the understanding that you wanted to back up only password keeper. So my question is how do you import password keeper only from Link to your phone. After swiping my phone I only bring back password keeper (via SD card) and my contacts (via fire chest). I have found this to works best after running a autoloader instead of doing a full restore.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:12 PM
    You can always do a selective restore. You can restore only password keeper or any other app from a full backup if you want.

10-13-14 01:52 PM
    You can always do a selective restore. You can restore only password keeper or any other app from a full backup if you want.

Selective restore has two problems

You can't only use it IF the backup created was a "custom" backup.

Also, things like browser bookmarks are included with other stuff under "system applications". Pretty sure remember is included in "settings calendar n contacts "

So, while any third party app can be restored selectively, the same can't be said for core apps.

BBM is one that I can't figure out.
    The only way I know how to restore bbm 100%. Is to create a full backup and for the bbm info from the backup to be from an equal or lower version than the one on the device.

Other than that, I haven't been able to restore bbm successfully. Off topic, but I HATE that bbm posts a status update everytime you login.. nobody needs to know what I'm doing or that im even awake..
    10-13-14 02:11 PM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback to my original question! My head is spinning however.

Sounds like Password Keeper gets backed up by Link. And that's great.

Does anyone know if Remember also gets backed up too? It's pretty important to me because I have lots of time sensitive actions loaded in Remember and I'm relying on it big time.

Thanks everyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:35 PM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback to my original question! My head is spinning however.

Sounds like Password Keeper gets backed up by Link. And that's great.

Does anyone know if Remember also gets backed up too? It's pretty important to me because I have lots of time sensitive actions loaded in Remember and I'm relying on it big time.

Thanks everyone.

Posted via CB10
    I believe remember is a part of settings

Not sure where password keeper is stored (settings or app data and if all data, I'm not sure whether system applications or it is listed separately), but you can backup/restore password keeper from within the app
    10-13-14 07:50 PM