Because of an issue I'm having, it's been suggested that I wipe my phone and start fresh without doing a restore. Almost everything on my phone is on my Exchange server, so this isn't an issue, except I would like to backup my Password Keeper entries.

Does anyone know whether this is possible without doing a complete backup/restore of the whole phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:06 AM
    Seems you must use link. You can backup settings, apps and media. Apps is the big one. Password keeper despite being an app backs up under settings. Seem to recall you then need to go into password keeper and import from the backup. You can also restore from BlackBerry protect where you previously used BlackBerry os7. I know its not good enough. Password keeper with BlackBerry protect backup was a real BlackBerry benefit. Without BlackBerry protect backup password keeper just isnt any use
    asiayeah and woofhaven like this.
    11-03-13 11:06 AM
    Well crud. I really need not to restore settings if this wipe is going to do any good. I guess it's a manual backup for me, then (meaning, pencil & paper).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:13 PM
    I had to do this to take care of a texting issue I had with one of the leaks. Not fun.

On the upside I got my passwords from over 100 to around 50.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 04:02 PM
    I have all of my passwords saved under one entry.. so I can just copy and paste them all.

Posted via my Q10
    11-03-13 06:16 PM
    Good idea use copy past for the username and password and put them all in a doc then email it to yourself

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    11-03-13 06:46 PM
    Good idea use copy past for the username and password and put them all in a doc then email it to yourself

Ouch. I'm on a corporate server, so I can do that, but I'd be nervous about something like that hanging out in the cloud somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:57 PM
    switch to enpass or something else that lets you backup and restore. I dropped password keeper for that very reason. I never use link - barely ever turn the pc on.
    woofhaven and KemKev like this.
    11-03-13 07:13 PM
    Having same issues here. After update pwkeeper all my data lost. So do it old fashion way by use link and restore data, it takes almost 3hrs to complete evthng. But after restore I'd accidently update all apps n they gone again my pwkeeper data..... Damni it, really miss pwkeeper when wt torch.... BlackBerry Protect r less usefull on bb10.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:52 AM
    Funny how third party apps can do this and offer more option and BlackBerry seems unable or unwilling.

They are not moving ahead with many of their own apps.

Feels like the PB once again.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 07:42 AM
    Funny how third party apps can do this and offer more option and BlackBerry seems unable or unwilling.

They are not moving ahead with many of their own apps.

Feels like the PB once again.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    It's because Password Keeper is supposed to be ultra secure. I find it sufficient, although I do wish there was an individual encrypted backup option.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 08:06 AM
    It's because Password Keeper is supposed to be ultra secure. I find it sufficient, although I do wish there was an individual encrypted backup option.

It's sufficient until the day you need to wipe your phone! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:35 AM
    It's sufficient until the day you need to wipe your phone! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Actually, what I find happens more often is I forget my password. Since PK is not something I use that often and the password is always totally unique (unlike everything else, where I cycle between three passwords... I know, I know, bad habits, but I've started to change each password to something unique), I've forgotten it at least three times.

And that's what backups are for.

11-07-13 08:53 AM

OMG, never email passwords for any reason, to anyone. EVER.
    austriker likes this.
    11-07-13 08:30 PM
    OMG, never email passwords for any reason, to anyone. EVER.
    Agreed!
    11-07-13 11:25 PM
    Link lost all my password keeper data on a restore after getting a replacement device. Fortunately I could restore just that from an old backup to a 9790. Then I manually copied the entries into LastPass. (There are KeePass options which don't require the subscription fee for mobile use.)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:01 AM
    We need version of BlackBerry Protect that backs everything up. But BlackBerry is not listening.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-08-13 06:37 AM
    Yup. Exactly. BlackBerry Protect like our old beloved BlackBerry. BB juz don't listen to us at all.. i'd already email them personally about pk n those BlackBerry Protect... 2 days pass but..... nothing at all frm them.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:48 AM
    Hey,
    I just did a leaked OS install. Was shocked to see PK wiped out! Found a thread on the Blackberry support forum with a link to a KB article referring to restoring the PK database from a previous device or backup. Didn't sound like a current bb10 OS document ("use Blackberry Manager to restore"), but I tried it with BB Link...restore...selected just the Settings data from the last backup set....after 10 minutes, was back in business with all my PK pwd's recovered...plus all my other accounts etc etc as well as a bonus! This was a 10.2 backup set into the new 10.2.1 OS.

Enjoy!
    Mike.
    matt62 likes this.
    11-16-13 02:33 AM
    Hey,
    I just did a leaked OS install. Was shocked to see PK wiped out! Found a thread on the Blackberry support forum with a link to a KB article referring to restoring the PK database from a previous device or backup. Didn't sound like a current bb10 OS document ("use Blackberry Manager to restore"), but I tried it with BB Link...restore...selected just the Settings data from the last backup set....after 10 minutes, was back in business with all my PK pwd's recovered...plus all my other accounts etc etc as well as a bonus! This was a 10.2 backup set into the new 10.2.1 OS.

Enjoy!
    Mike.
    Yes, Link will restore your settings including your password keeper data. The problem was that there was some bug introduced into settings that was causing an issue with texting. Therefore I couldn't restore from settings or else this bug was reintroduced.

Now that I have manually done my settings and password data I can back up using Link and then I can restore from it again.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:18 AM
    What settings bug and texting issue? I'd like to see if I've got it now :-(

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:44 PM
    I always used Password Keeper.. until i upgraded to BB10 and BB protect lost its backup feature like it had on the legacy BB devices. I hope Blackberry brings it back.

right now I use "Keeper" as it backs up online and anytime I re-load my OS or load a leak, i can just re-load the app and my passwords are safe.

Cheers
    11-16-13 04:45 PM
    The texting issue I had was that a conversation wouldn't load, or the keyboard wouldn't slide down far enough for me to see what I was typing and then my text wouldn't send.

It seemed to be a bug I picked up from one of the leaks and loading the next leak didn't fix it and wiping my phone didn't fix it because I kept restoring my settings from backup.

Finally I wiped my phone, reloaded the leak, and manually redid my password keeper and settings. That fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:10 PM
    OK I don't see any of those issues. Got my OK and all account settings back quite easily using berry link restore. I was nervous pressing restore would blindly re image my whole os back to earlier spec...relieved to see selection of restore options there.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:19 PM
    I think there's a big issue with password keeper.
    You can copy password keeper data from os7 to os10 but once on os10 you must backup with link.
    So if you backup with link and you have a z10 then you loose your z10 but you have a backup now what if you buy a z30 can you use your z10 os 10 backup to recoved settings (which includes password keeper) to a z30. I understand not????
    11-17-13 02:15 PM
29 12