Im currently deciding on getting a 1gb data plan as i am leaving on vacation. I have always configured all my apps to NOT run when minimized (excluding the essential Whatsapp and the ones you are not able to turn off like BBM) so as to not transfer any data at all. I have the latest 10.3.2 with the 2 Amazon icons. I have also set the do not run when minimized on these, but to my surprise when i go and check the mobile data usage it still showing some data transfer there in the past 2 days (and i have NOT opened these two apps as i never use them at all) Although the data is rather minimal it is still data ill be consuming. I am very scared of the system and ping services apps as i cannot control these. If anyone here knows of a proper way to limit the transfer of data please let me know or if not just let me know on how i can be as conservative on mobile data transfer as possible while im not using the phone. Thanks in advance for any replies..lets see if the crackberry community can help me ou on this :-) .. ps. on adroind (my htc one i never use) there is an option on the data usage to "restrict background mobile data usage" for every app even google play services :-(
    07-07-15 09:43 AM
    bump Anyone?
    07-08-15 02:57 AM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp..._880997_11.jsp

Sounds like you want to do this?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-08-15 05:30 AM
    You should open the Device Monitor to find out the apps who cause this traffic. I can tell you it's mostly PIM services which means it's the Hub checking your configured inboxes. Also email accounts configured with the Push option cause some traffic. Even checking the presence of the network connection causes traffic. You will never get this down to zero but to some hundred kB per day.
    07-08-15 05:39 AM
    OP, you should set your mobile network Data Services to off and if it still showed usage after that, then your phone may have a security breach.
    07-08-15 05:55 AM